The Villages Visitors for February

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2008, 12:17 AM
Default The Villages Visitors for February

Hello, Everybody. I'm a bit nervous since I didn't do this correctly the first time. Anyway, my husband and I are flying to you this Friday and we'll be with you for the month of February. We love it there already, since our visit in December, and now we're looking at The Villages in depth with the hopes of finding our new life.

I'm aware that TOTV has a get-together this February 15, which I hope to attend, but in the meantime, what do we do for the first couple of days? We're arriving Friday afternoon and I don't know how to reach you. I love this forum and you all seem so wonderful. But how do I connect? I don't want to lose a minute in getting to know you.

Thanks in advance for your help! Eileen.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:32 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: The Villages Visitors for February

Eileen, send a PM after you've arrived and settled in. I'm sure an impromptu get-together can ber arranged.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-28-2008, 01:03 AM

Dear Barb and Redwitch,

Thanks so much for your swift replies. We will not have a computer and I'm curious just how to reach out and connect with the lovely Villages residents and neighbors. I think there are ways to "compute" at libraries? Do you think I can just knock on neighbors' doors and say "Hello, here I am"? Regarding all the wonderful clubs, do I call in advance or just show up at the door? I'm not outgoing and I feel very awkward in how to handle my hello's. Thanks. Eileen.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:41 AM
Sage

Hi Eileen, I know the feeling. But we've been here 3 months now and met quite a few new friends. I agree with the Thursday paper for looking up different clubs and get togethers. You can call or just show up at most of them. Usually right in the blurb for the club it will say "new comers welcome" or something to that effect. And since I'm in the newer area of TV I actually have knocked on new neighbors doors and introduced myself and welcomed them. The Feb. 15th luncheon at Crispers will be my first also. I was supposed to go to the last one but came down with the flu. And there will be others I'm sure that have not attended before. No need to feel awkward.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:51 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I know that Savannah Center has a computer room that's open until 9 pm, so you could always go there and use the computer. Just be willing to hang around long enough to get a reply.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

You can go to any rec center and pick up information on activities. The library on Belvedere Blvd just south of 466 has computers you can use for free.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen Aroon
Hello, Everybody. I'm a bit nervous since I didn't do this correctly the first time. Anyway, my husband and I are flying to you this Friday and we'll be with you for the month of February. We love it there already, since our visit in December, and now we're looking at The Villages in depth with the hopes of finding our new life.

I'm aware that TOTV has a get-together this February 15, which I hope to attend, but in the meantime, what do we do for the first couple of days? We're arriving Friday afternoon and I don't know how to reach you. I love this forum and you all seem so wonderful. But how do I connect? I don't want to lose a minute in getting to know you.

Thanks in advance for your help! Eileen.

Hello Eileen..I hope to meet you when I get there on the 17th..I am going to miss the luncheon..The Villages Florida

So nice to have you here as part of TOTV group...I look forward to meeting you..
DonnaThe Villages Florida

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 01-28-2008, 06:12 PM
JohnnyM

Eileen, We hope you have a great time in February. You will be around a wonderful group of people......Johnny
Old 01-29-2008, 04:37 AM

Eileen, If it will help, my wife and I will be attending our first totv get together on the 15th also. You will find that meeting and making friends in the villages is easy. Will look forward to meeting you at TOTV get together.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Dancing Thyme

Hi Eileen, I will be visiting TV for the month of Feb as well and since I'm so shy :redface: :redface: , I know how you feel. Unfortunately, I have caught the flu from Chelsea so I've had to postpone my arrival for a week, I feel so bad I can't lift my head off the pillow never mind pack for a month's visit.

Anyway, I will be there, God willing, for the Feb. 15 party and will PM you my phone number so we could connect even before that. I'll be staying in Belvedere.

Have a good trip in, you will love it in TV and most importantly, you will love the people from the TOTV group.

Kathie :redface:

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Sage

Eileen,

We totv people are so friendly that Kathie got up at 4:00 in the morning to send you her welcome greeting!

We will all look forward to meeting you at the Feb.15th totv meeting.
What village are you staying in? Dont worry, you will meet people without even trying!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:54 PM

Hello again Everybody,

So many thanks for all your kindnesses. The time is coming fast and I'm so excited. What a great time to leave the northeast and travel to the warmth and friendliness of The Villages. I feel so much better and very much more relaxed since I had the opportunity of hearing from you. Thanks again. Eileen.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Administrator

Kathy is shy like a wrecking ball! ;D
Old 01-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Dancing Thyme

Shhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Tony, you're not supposed to give it away! They all think I'm terribly shy
Kathie :redface: :redface:

P.S. Wrecking ball???

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-29-2008, 11:49 PM

Have fun with your time in the villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.