Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2020, 02:52 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts
Default Young dancers

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I love to people watch when we go to the squares and listen to music. Younger folks are so interesting to watch when they dance. I even enjoy the kids just learning to dance and socialize with new kids.

One time, there was a young couple (probably late 20s) who were swing dancing and they were even doing lifts! They were right in front of hubby and me and we took a video of them. I'll never forget that night at the square. Wish those two would come back on a regular basis.
Thanks for the post. We saw similar dancers one night. Another couple we were sitting with from Wildwood said the dancers were their kids.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
OP, IMHO, I think you might want to re-visit the part of your post regarding keeping locals, especially young locals, from the Squares. First, that would be illegal and impossible to control and second many of us like to mingle with young people and with the locals. As far as your explanation on expansion of The Villages, I think your spot on. One of my “pet peeves”, when it comes to rules about young people, is the 30 year age for the adult pools. It’s difficult for me to say to our grandsons, and their friends, that they can’t go to the adult pool with us (one is 27) the others are all over 21 and one serves in the military. Yeah, that’s rather disrespectful of young adults in my opinion. I just wonder who came up with such a crazy age of 30 to be an adult. Oh, we all laugh and go to the family pool but it’s still a “pet peeve” of mine. Sorry, the point is we enjoy mingling with young people and kids because it’s good for us and them too. I’ve never had an issue with locals or teens on the squares. I have seen some older folks make drunken fools of themselves though. Fore.
I bought my home close to an adult pool and in particular because it IS an adult pool. I like the sanctuary of adults sometimes.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, discourage, comfort, hometown, bold

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.