Villages Expansion in Marion County

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2015, 12:26 AM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

Does anyone here have an idea as to the proposed site(s) of these new Marion sites? I am guessing that they would be in the northwest side nearer to The Baptist Church and 301, but I know there's more possibilities more to the east going along 42 to 441, past the VA.

Hope it's only 300 homes… yes, I too am spoiled by our little 'forgotten' piece of paradise. It's better that it be The Villages than some other entity though.

Okay, I just saw an aerial photo and there's one village on the east and the western sides. Neither looks enormous. I'm confused by the red outlining (online paper) since both parcels are set way in from CR42, almost like 'flag lots.' I wondered if the areas abutting 42 and outside the red line were also owned by The Villages but are to remain undeveloped by houses. Maybe they're for future stores/offices?

Last edited by onslowe; 03-13-2015 at 04:50 AM.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaligirl View Post
Additional shopping and restaurants will be nice... :-)
You need to actually read the article outlining the proposal. There is no mention at all of additional restaurants. When a resident at the meeting complained about possible overcrowding at the Mulberry Publix Villages legal counsel Steve Roy said the Villages is "hoping" to attract another grocery store to the area.

As usual, TOTV posters create their own set of facts that thrive throughout a thread.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
You need to actually read the article outlining the proposal. There is no mention at all of additional restaurants. When a resident at the meeting complained about possible overcrowding at the Mulberry Publix Villages legal counsel Steve Roy said the Villages is "hoping" to attract another grocery store to the area.
As usual, TOTV posters create their own set of facts that thrive throughout a thread.

Here is how it works. The Villages is NOT the only people to provide buildings for business around here. When there is a need, people open businesses. Take any city....business comes when the need arises.

The Villages is a success because the Morse family provided at the beginning most of the things that a bunch of folks would need out in the middle of nowhere. Now that we are a big bunch of people, we are a desirable place for grocery stores and other businesses.

Did you just read that Homegoods, Kohls, and Steinmart are soon breaking ground? I will be so glad when every soul who lives here gets the restaurants and businesses they so long for.

I hate negativity.

And I am a big fan of free enterprise.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

The unmentionable online newspaper gives the following details from last night's meeting ..............

The announcement was made Thursday evening at a special evening session of supervisors of Community Development District 4, where the 300 new homes would be located.

The two new parcels of land making up the combined 64.27 acres are located south of County Road 42. The Villages already owns the parcels.

Motor vehicles will enter these new sections via County Road 42. Golf carts will travel by Clearview Avenue near the First Baptist Church. There is an existing treeline there now.

This is in a beautiful area of TV and I am sure the new homes will complement the existing properties. Marion has stricter building codes than Sumter and requires more land per home.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-13-2015, 06:39 AM
Platinum member

So does this delay the build out date ?

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-13-2015, 06:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
So does this delay the build out date ?
Build out is a myth.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:25 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Build out is a myth.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
OP said three hundred homes, didn't she? Chuck don't you live in Stonecrest?
62 acres divided into 1/8 acres lots would give you 512 lots. But, that is a very small lot. I think that most of the lots in The Villages are a bit larger. More importantly, that does not take into account room for roads, recreation centers and pool. 300 is a much more realistic number. If anything it might be a bit ambitious.

What I'm confused about is that, after looking at the map, it doesn't appear that you will be able to access this part of The Villages by car through the rest of The Villages. I think that this would make it the only section, other than one of the family villages, that is cut off from the rest of the development. You would have access by golf cart, but apparently not by car.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:54 AM
Sage

There is an article in today's Sun in the A section.... it says they will all be Courtyard villas, so numbers and size make sense.

The online news said each area would have its own pool.... I find that hard to believe given how small each area is.

Stay tuned for more details, I suppose.

I was surprised at this new development, having heard before they would 'never' again build in Marion.

Given their sales volume, 300 houses would only extend buildout by a couple of months.

It's been interesting to watch all this unfold.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
There is an article in today's Sun in the A section.... it says they will all be Courtyard villas, so numbers and size make sense.
The online news said each area would have its own pool.... I find that hard to believe given how small each area is.
I was surprised at this new development, having heard before they would 'never' again build in Marion.
Given their sales volume, 300 houses would only extend buildout by a couple of months.
"Never build again in Marion" - new head of the Morse family bringing new ideas???? Each generation brings their own ideas to the table and I think that is great and good for TV.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-13-2015, 08:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
How does The Villages annex? It is not a city, town. They must be buying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
The article says The Villages already owned the land. That makes it sound like they had just not previously intended to build on it and have now changed their minds (maybe because they couldn't sell it (just speculation on my part)).
According to the Marion county website, the eastern parcel (near VA clinic) was purchased by TV about a year ago - March 2014. The western parcel (near First Baptist Church) apparently was just recently purchased by TV because the owners are still shown to be John & Connie Wise. I don't know how quickly the website is updated.

Both parcels extend up to CR42, so it is easy to picture TV developing the areas along 42 as commercial.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:49 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
62 acres divided into 1/8 acres lots would give you 512 lots. But, that is a very small lot. I think that most of the lots in The Villages are a bit larger. More importantly, that does not take into account room for roads, recreation centers and pool. 300 is a much more realistic number. If anything it might be a bit ambitious.

What I'm confused about is that, after looking at the map, it doesn't appear that you will be able to access this part of The Villages by car through the rest of The Villages. I think that this would make it the only section, other than one of the family villages, that is cut off from the rest of the development. You would have access by golf cart, but apparently not by car.
The Hacienda of Mission Hills (sic) and Bridgeport on 466 (in the middle of the Palmer Riley course) are not accessible through the Villages and neither are the two villa sections right behind the Publix on 42. They are all outside the gates.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.

Last edited by zcaveman; 03-13-2015 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Change 446 to 466.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
These might be like the courtyard villas near Brownwood. Both Antrim Dells and Alden Bungalows are villa neighborhoods with pools.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Who here heard anyone from the Morse family state they would never build in Marion County again?
Old 03-13-2015, 09:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Where is 446?
I think Z meant 466, as 446 was a typo.

I agree with the final build-out date is yet to be determined, as the Morse family ideas continue to evolve. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of land to build additional houses, but what do I know?

Another 300 homes wouldn't kill the master design of TV, as 600 people is a blip on the population radar. I think those people that live in the northwest corner, will be somewhat affected with the additional population, as they like less congestion, in that area.

With the 1920 homes being built in Fruitland Park, that would add another 3,800 people, (accounting for single people buying homes), to the total population. Hopefully, the total population would stay at 115,000 when the snowbirds are here and about 75,000 when they leave. That seems big enough to me but who's to say what is in TV future?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.