Villages Expansion in Marion County

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2015, 09:07 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by er9027 View Post
Looks like more property will be available. Saturation some day soon?

What do you mean by "saturation"?
Old 03-24-2015, 09:11 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipcovers View Post
The Winn Dixie near you is certainly not crowed and the Publix near you, off Powell is empty. An easy drive from Colony.
Exactly, I was at Winn Dixie last evening and it was almost empty. Got what I needed and left.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by er9027 View Post
Looks like more property will be available. Saturation some day soon?
Likely only if we stretch from Jacksonville to Orlando. A MM path to Disney and the beach would be wicked nice!
Old 03-24-2015, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

What concerns me isn't the expansion of The Villages into adjacent properties, it's the expansion of non Villages entities into those properties. The hundreds of homes planned west on Rainey Trail past The Village of Bridgeport at Miona Shores come to mind as an example. We know what we get The Villages property is developed, pure class. What do we get from other developers? Who knows. But just take a look over your shoulder next time you play Tarpon Boil (3rd or 4th hole or so).
Old 03-24-2015, 09:56 AM
Veteran member

I think this sounds like a great idea. More jobs for the area.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:11 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
This should be a wake-up call for every resident of all parts of The Villages to be aware that there could be additional building in your neighborhood. Look around and see if there are any open spaces near you.
Did just that before we bought in The Villages. It is another reason why we bought on the historic side - besides the convenient access to a major highway and multiple local shopping areas [and 2 grocery stores] and a bricks/mortar post office! And now we are benefitting from all of the new homes the developer is building here!

Old 03-25-2015, 07:56 AM

Not thrilled with the potential of more traffic. My understanding is the area will have their own pool and rec center, but what about an additional golf course or two. With the addition of so many homes, the few courses in this area, it will be impossible to get a tee time. To address these issues, There is a meeting at Mulberry Center on April 7 at 1 pm.....be sure to attend and voice your concerns. Complaining on the forum after the fact just won't cut it. As they say, speak now or forever....!!
Old 03-25-2015, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pting View Post
Not thrilled with the potential of more traffic. My understanding is the area will have their own pool and rec center, but what about an additional golf course or two. With the addition of so many homes, the few courses in this area, it will be impossible to get a tee time. To address these issues, There is a meeting at Mulberry Center on April 7 at 1 pm.....be sure to attend and voice your concerns. Complaining on the forum after the fact just won't cut it. As they say, speak now or forever....!!

Why should it be any different than the expansion that has been going on for all the years we have lived here? Good grief.

We olders have a way of getting our knickers in a hitch. Look for trouble and conspiracies.

I am SO glad The Villages run things completely south of 466, may they always stay. When the company comes home and all of the folks who drive up or down to SEE The Villages go home, the traffic will drop to normal crazy people.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:24 AM
Veteran member

We live in Chatham. Previously we lived in Piedmont. I have never ....ever not been able to get a tee time. I never.... ever not been able to get into Lopez to eat or drink. I have never.... ever had an issue at Mulberry Publix. I seriously doubt 5-600 people will have any negative influence on any of those situations. Not to mention, some of those folks will definitely be seasonal so we will see maybe a bit of inconvenience. We look forward to a few more folks in our area, as long as they don't develop north of 42. (which will never happen)

Dr. Seuss
Old 03-25-2015, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

As if a few hundred here or a 1000 more there will make a big difference in the 105,000 already here.

The time to be awake is when one is looking and thinking of a purchase, not after.

TV did not get to 105,000 with people not being aware of what and where they were buying.

Relax and enjoy the lifestyle you bought here....it hasn't changed.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:44 AM

Will The Villages expansion ever end?
Old 04-14-2015, 08:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdlfan View Post
We live in Chatham. Previously we lived in Piedmont. I have never ....ever not been able to get a tee time. I never.... ever not been able to get into Lopez to eat or drink. I have never.... ever had an issue at Mulberry Publix. I seriously doubt 5-600 people will have any negative influence on any of those situations. Not to mention, some of those folks will definitely be seasonal so we will see maybe a bit of inconvenience. We look forward to a few more folks in our area, as long as they don't develop north of 42. (which will never happen)
Where TV is concerned, I would never say never.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:08 AM
Veteran member

Isn't one of the things you look for when purchasing, the surrounding area and the possibility of new development? If there is open space around you, including farm area, you cannot guarantee that it won't be developed. I am really thankful that there seems to be a limit on how high a building can be, as many residential areas up north have been really changed by the building of high rise condos, many with 3-5 buildings together. Now that really changes your vista and the price of your house. That is why I think that if you are really concerned about what your surroundings will be, then looking at resales becomes a really good choice.

I came down mid February this year and I really didn't notice that Publix at Colony was too crowded. It is easier to park closer with a cart but I have always found a spot for the car that didn't require hiking. And from BV it really is close to get to WD although I prefer Publix for most things. But it takes time for people to change their shopping habits, so I think it will take some time for the WD business to build. But the Publix at Grand Traverse seems to be a reasonable option if you are really upset by crowds.

I really like the way TV has evolved and trust that the same care will be given to any new development. Like someone stated earlier, as long as there is land around, you can't rule out future development, whether homes or retail. So I would purchase accordingly, based on what you can feel at peace with. Just my 2 cents.

LW888

Last edited by lightworker888; 04-14-2015 at 10:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.