Villages Expansion in Marion County

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 03-13-2015, 10:22 AM
Bonny's Avatar
Bonny Bonny is offline
Eternal Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Village of BonnyBrook
Posts: 4,324
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Here is how it works. The Villages is NOT the only people to provide buildings for business around here. When there is a need, people open businesses. Take any city....business comes when the need arises.


The Villages is a success because the Morse family provided at the beginning most of the things that a bunch of folks would need out in the middle of nowhere. Now that we are a big bunch of people, we are a desirable place for grocery stores and other businesses.

Did you just read that Homegoods, Kohls, and Steinmart are soon breaking ground? I will be so glad when every soul who lives here gets the restaurants and businesses they so long for.

I hate negativity.

And I am a big fan of free enterprise.
I think you meant to type Marshalls, not Kohls, of course, unless I missed something which I do a lot. LOL
__________________
Troy, Rochester, Hazel Park, Harbor Beach, Grand Rapids, Michigan
  #32  
Old 03-13-2015, 11:03 AM
janmcn janmcn is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,298
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
You need to actually read the article outlining the proposal. There is no mention at all of additional restaurants. When a resident at the meeting complained about possible overcrowding at the Mulberry Publix Villages legal counsel Steve Roy said the Villages is "hoping" to attract another grocery store to the area.

As usual, TOTV posters create their own set of facts that thrive throughout a thread.

The Marion County portion of The Villages was completed and sold out in the early 2000's. Mulberry Grove Publix opened in 2003. After over a decade, who really thinks that another grocery store is going to open because of 300 additional homes? IMO Attorney Roy's statement is just blah, blah, blah.
  #33  
Old 03-13-2015, 11:23 AM
zcaveman's Avatar
zcaveman zcaveman is offline
Eternal Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Villages
Posts: 7,884
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Where is 446?
oops!! I meant 466. I will correct original post.

Z
__________________
Jacksonville, Florida
Andover, New Jersey
The Villages

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
  #34  
Old 03-13-2015, 12:08 PM
Cisco Kid's Avatar
Cisco Kid Cisco Kid is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monticello IL
Posts: 1,886
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

From the way expansions go over, the next on will be off of RT 666
__________________
My alarm doesn't have a snooze button. It has a paw.

Chloe
&
Lulu
  #35  
Old 03-13-2015, 01:26 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,387
Thanks: 4,178
Thanked 4,661 Times in 1,596 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I think you meant to type Marshalls, not Kohls, of course, unless I missed something which I do a lot. LOL

I did mean Marshall's Bonny. Thank you. I will correct my original post.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #36  
Old 03-13-2015, 03:31 PM
rubicon rubicon is offline
Email Reported As Spam
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,697
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

The 300 homes will be built somewhat behind the Villages Baptist Church 0n 42. It doesn't matter if they do include additional amenities and they are not suppose to, the fact is simply that this means more people in the area and its cramping quality of life. This family of developers is going to build either resident or commercial on every stinking inch of property they can get their hands on and the heck with the effect it has on people living in the area.

Now that's not negative that's just plain reality
  #37  
Old 03-13-2015, 03:37 PM
champion6's Avatar
champion6 champion6 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 5,078
Thanks: 3
Thanked 557 Times in 236 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The 300 homes will be built somewhat behind the Villages Baptist Church 0n 42. <snip>
I don't think this is what they plan to do. I think there will be 300 home spread over both parcels - the one near the church and the one near the VA clinic.
  #38  
Old 03-13-2015, 03:38 PM
Grandfinch's Avatar
Grandfinch Grandfinch is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: The Villages
Posts: 201
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The 300 homes will be built somewhat behind the Villages Baptist Church 0n 42. It doesn't matter if they do include additional amenities and they are not suppose to, the fact is simply that this means more people in the area and its cramping quality of life. This family of developers is going to build either resident or commercial on every stinking inch of property they can get their hands on and the heck with the effect it has on people living in the area.

Now that's not negative that's just plain reality
If you say it, I believe it. Now, what is your opinion as to property values as building space becomes tighter and less available. Would that cause values to go up or down. I just have no idea.

Supply goes away, demand goes up?
Overcrowding and The Villages looses its appeal?
I would love to hear opinions fro experts.
  #39  
Old 03-13-2015, 03:58 PM
rubicon rubicon is offline
Email Reported As Spam
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,697
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandfinch View Post
If you say it, I believe it. Now, what is your opinion as to property values as building space becomes tighter and less available. Would that cause values to go up or down. I just have no idea.

Supply goes away, demand goes up?
Overcrowding and The Villages looses its appeal?
I would love to hear opinions fro experts.
I agree . I have friends who bought in Florida and sold because the area in question became overcrowded Think Tampa area along hwy 19. I don't view this as a "I got mine and I don't want you to ave yours" thing. Residents had an opportunity to vote this type of mismanaged expansion down but the developers and real estate industry circulated enough money to defeat it statewide.

So they complain that there is a need for water conservation so The Villages utility has a three tier system to punish people and yet they expand. and this same water district allow Nestle to draw free millions of gallons a day for bottle water being sold elsewhere Florida prides itself for having sunshine Laws but some people aren't aware that there is the meeting and then there is "THE MEETING" which one do you think becomes public record?

Financially in my view it would be economically a poor decision to sell my home for a number of reasons. I do like TV and do understand that others would too but overcrowding kills the golden goose every time
  #40  
Old 03-13-2015, 04:15 PM
Polar Bear's Avatar
Polar Bear Polar Bear is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,674
Thanks: 220
Thanked 903 Times in 368 Posts
Default Villages Expansion in Marion County

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
...the fact is simply that this means more people in the area and its cramping quality of life. This family of developers is going to build either resident or commercial on every stinking inch of property they can get their hands on and the heck with the effect it has on people living in the area.



Now that's not negative that's just plain reality
"The fact is", "not negative that's just plain reality"??

The fact is...those are statements of your opinion, nothing more.

And to call your post "not negative"? Yeah right.
  #41  
Old 03-13-2015, 04:19 PM
dirtbanker dirtbanker is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Part time - The Villages
Posts: 3,794
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
this same water district allow Nestle to draw free millions of gallons a day for bottle water
Ding, Ding, Ding! Free water that they sell to achieve 7.2 billion in sales (water division only). That is incredible!
  #42  
Old 03-13-2015, 05:57 PM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,350
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1,794 Times in 672 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
"The fact is", "not negative that's just plain reality"??

The fact is...those are statements of your opinion, nothing more.

And to call your post "not negative"? Yeah right.
rubicon will always give his opinion, some fact based and some just his opinion. He seems to be the glass is half empty kind of guy but always good to see where he comes down on issues on here.
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
  #43  
Old 03-13-2015, 06:00 PM
Polar Bear's Avatar
Polar Bear Polar Bear is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,674
Thanks: 220
Thanked 903 Times in 368 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
rubicon will always give his opinion, some fact based and some just his opinion. He seems to be the glass is half empty kind of guy but always good to see where he comes down on issues on here.
I know. I enjoy seeing Rubicon's posts also. The my-opinion-is-fact approach tends to tweak me a little sometimes...regardless of the source.
  #44  
Old 03-13-2015, 06:45 PM
villagerjack villagerjack is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,304
Thanks: 64
Thanked 105 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Plenty of places to live. Go where you are happy. Stay away from where you are not happy. Developers develop. We are lucky to have the one we have...the one with a lot of class.
  #45  
Old 03-13-2015, 06:48 PM
villagerjack villagerjack is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,304
Thanks: 64
Thanked 105 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Sounds a little like "Pull the ladder up....I am up"
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.