Vip brownwood 7/4/2019 $50

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2019, 12:03 PM
Default Vip brownwood 7/4/2019 $50

I am up north now but what is the story about Brownwood tonight. A VIP tent for $50.
Who gets the money?
Old 07-04-2019, 12:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Who cares? Tell your family you love them, and enjoy your 4th of July.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

I agree, who cares. The square will be open to everyone. If those that are willing to pay want to pay to have a guaranteed seat and access then good for them. The VIP stuff is sold out. It is going to be very, very crowded.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-04-2019, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,464 Times in 3,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEZARIC3 View Post
I am up north now but what is the story about Brownwood tonight. A VIP tent for $50.
Who gets the money?
I'm sorry the previous two posters are dismissive of your question. Civil-minded people appreciate that there are no stupid questions and if they don't know the answer and don't care about the topic, they'd simply not respond.

I did some checking and found The Villages Entertainment website's blurb on the event here:
All American Brews and Cruise VIP Experience - The Villages Entertainment : The Villages Entertainment

For $50 you get: VIP tent access, reserved seating, direct access to the dance floor, bluefin appetizers, 2 free drink tickets, and a VIP cash bar.

I don't know what the appetizer menu is, whether those drink tickets are for any drink or only a select list, nor do I know if that cash bar has reduced pricing, or any special drinks that might cost more (or less), nor do I know if happy hour pricing will be valid at this cash bar. The website didn't specify one way or another.

Two tickets would be 80 bucks, a savings of 10 dollars per person. A table for 6 is $225, which comes out to $37.50 per person, a savings of $12.50 per person.

All of the rest of the event is free to everyone, including non-reserved seating, market vendors, an information tent with a drawing for some kind of prize, a craft beer tent (which I assume you'd have to pay for the beer itself, you just don't have to pay an entry fee to get in line), food trucks (you definitely have to pay them for the food), and the actual entertainment itself.

I don't know who gets the money but The Villages Entertainment is a for-profit entity.
Old 07-04-2019, 02:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Looks like it will get rained out. We are right in the middle of a large thunderstorm. I'll loan you my umbrella for 10 bucks.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 07-04-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I'm sorry the previous two posters are dismissive of your question. Civil-minded people appreciate that there are no stupid questions and if they don't know the answer and don't care about the topic, they'd simply not respond.

I did some checking and found The Villages Entertainment website's blurb on the event here:
All American Brews and Cruise VIP Experience - The Villages Entertainment : The Villages Entertainment

For $50 you get: VIP tent access, reserved seating, direct access to the dance floor, bluefin appetizers, 2 free drink tickets, and a VIP cash bar.

I don't know what the appetizer menu is, whether those drink tickets are for any drink or only a select list, nor do I know if that cash bar has reduced pricing, or any special drinks that might cost more (or less), nor do I know if happy hour pricing will be valid at this cash bar. The website didn't specify one way or another.

Two tickets would be 80 bucks, a savings of 10 dollars per person. A table for 6 is $225, which comes out to $37.50 per person, a savings of $12.50 per person.

All of the rest of the event is free to everyone, including non-reserved seating, market vendors, an information tent with a drawing for some kind of prize, a craft beer tent (which I assume you'd have to pay for the beer itself, you just don't have to pay an entry fee to get in line), food trucks (you definitely have to pay them for the food), and the actual entertainment itself.

I don't know who gets the money but The Villages Entertainment is a for-profit entity.
I almost alway agree with your position, but more important, I want to recognize that you always post a civil, well-reasoned, and helpful reply.
Old 07-04-2019, 03:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob47 View Post
I almost alway agree with your position, but more important, I want to recognize that you always post a civil, well-reasoned, and helpful reply.
+1. I was going to post the same. Factual and nonjudgmental post, Jaz.

Happy 4th to all.
Old 07-04-2019, 07:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Don't think our posts were judgmental, the information was publicly available if one wanted to look for it. My opinion was "who cares" who gets the money. There always seems to be hidden agenda's that someone is doing something sneaky when there is a charge or that somehow someone is gaining an advantage over someone that doesn't want to participate. Saying we were dismissive is ok, it is your opinion though misguided.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-04-2019, 08:12 PM
Platinum member

Not a very big turnout unfortunately in Brownwood. There were thunderstorms but I watched the webcam and saw people dancing with their umbrellas to Johnny Wild til 9pm and Scooter over in Spanish Springs til 9pm. Sumter Landing closed down earlier. Too bad because a lot of planning went into it.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:17 AM
Default VIP Tent in Brownwood

Just out of curiosity where was this VIP tent supposed to be set up? I did not see it on the webcam so I guess it never made it.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy327 View Post
Just out of curiosity where was this VIP tent supposed to be set up?
In the VIP area. Where else? (Sorry, couldn't resist).
Old 07-05-2019, 09:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Who cares? Tell your family you love them, and enjoy your 4th of July.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:21 AM
Platinum member

If you can buy your way into the VIP tent, then that means most of us are not. Just sayin.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Don't think our posts were judgmental, the information was publicly available if one wanted to look for it. My opinion was "who cares" who gets the money. There always seems to be hidden agenda's that someone is doing something sneaky when there is a charge or that somehow someone is gaining an advantage over someone that doesn't want to participate. Saying we were dismissive is ok, it is your opinion though misguided.
I agree with this. Too often some of our friends and neighbors look for some underhanded goings-on. Clearly, this was simply a money making vehture for the company that made it happen. I chose not to give them my money. Just not a big deal. BTW - they seemed to have recognized a gap, because it sold out.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:45 PM
Veteran member

here is my problem with the VIP seating... I've been here 17 yrs. and it never mattered if you lived in a Villa or a premier home once you left your home everyone was equal to all the FREE programs and events.. The dream of Harold Schwartz.. I have no idea where anything was or would have been setup if not for the rain.. what I think is wrong is for someone to be able to cordon off a section and say this is for VIPS's if you want to have PRIME seating and a direct entrance to guarantee to get on the dance floor you must pay... it has always been my understanding and have heard the announcements hundreds of times NO SAVED SEATING .. I guess now they will have to change that recording to unless you have $50
Closed Thread

Tags
vip, $50, brownwood, tonight, money

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.