Villages - general question

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2019, 10:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,655 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Wow! So many experts..all with conflicting information.
Yep. Everyone needs to remember that this is a forum for discussion, not for getting important information.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
The misunderstanding is on your part, since you're the one who is agreeing with everything I said, while at the same time saying "no."
We've already determined from MM's post that 93% of occupants are over 55.

What you said is factually true, however I think the fact that people will remember from your post
is that 19 year olds (and over) are not allowed to live by themselves in TV,
and that they have to have an over 55 person living with them.

It's a moot point, because not a lot of 19 year olds have the resources or the jobs to live in TV.
Unless, of course, they are living with their parents.

Last edited by Barefoot; 08-08-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:31 PM

Under 19's are not supposed to live here full time with or without someone that is 55 or older. Now if you happen to be 55 and have a spouse that is under 19, that might be a different matter. But I've lived here over a year and neither my wife or I are 55 yet (I'll be there soon). We are among the allowable 20% as has been discussed here already. A community need only meet the 80% side of the rule to be able to call itself a 55+ community and The Villages exceeds that 80% by a significant margin. So there are really 2 questions here - is The Villages still considered a 55+ Community? - YES - does someone living in the home have to be 55+ - NO. You can have it both ways and residents here clearly do.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Under 19's are not supposed to live here full time with or without someone that is 55 or older.
That's the bottom line, but if no-one complains, they fly under the radar.
A school bus even picks up outside the gates of Historical.
I am in no way implying that residents should complain.
There was a fellow mentioned in the Online Newspaper involved in a long dispute with his daughter.
He ended up with custody of his grandson.
I don't know how many, but there are kids under 19 living in TV, and not just in Historical.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,729 Posts

Another view; we in TV would like to have great professionals, such as, doctors, dentists, nurses etc close by. They and their families need an inviting and accommodating area to live in. It would make up only a small percentage of the residents.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Another view; we in TV would like to have great professionals, such as, doctors, dentists, nurses etc close by. They and their families need an inviting and accommodating area to live in. It would make up only a small percentage of the residents.
That's what the 20% "Family" villages areas were designed for. To house those families of people who work in/for the Villages, who would otherwise not qualify due to having minor children, or no one being over 55 (for example). That was part of the sales pitch we got years ago when we first started looking.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:44 PM

My husband and I, 52 and 51, respectively, bought a pre-owned home in 2014. In 2015 we purchased a new home and had no issues closings with either. The 80 20 rule allows those below the age requirement to purchase.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Our first home sold to 21 and 26 yo. Paid cash. Parents live in TV, so we were guessing needed to be near them
Old 08-08-2019, 07:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
That's why there are several family communities like Parkwood Village on CR 101.
They can't use our amenities, but they are close to The Villages.
And their children can attend The Villages Charter School.

Last edited by Barefoot; 08-08-2019 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:59 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
That's why there are several family communities like Parkwood Village on CR 101.
They can't use our amenities, but they are close to The Villages.
And their children can attend The Villages Charter School.

Spring Arbor and Buffalo Ridge are family villages - children welcome - not officially part of The Villages Retirement Community, but within the boundries.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,878 Times in 2,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Has anybody ever been turned down from purchasing a house because of age?

We have friends who recently bought in TV. They are both under 55. The question never came up.

My bet is if one is ready to write a check TV isn't going to see if the 55+ ratio has been met for the day/week/year(?).
Anybody over 19 can buy resale, new home there might be question, but I doubt it.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,349 Times in 2,505 Posts

As Mr. Nike says. 'Just do it.'
Old 08-09-2019, 01:07 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

So..the question one may ask is.....Does The Villages plan on building any more Family friendly communities? They are rapidly expanding WELL south of the contiguous portion of The Villages, and own property miles south, currently down to Center Hill and Okahumpka.

I see other developers building non-55 developments in the general area and the homes are going up fast and selling well.

The Villages is a one of a kind amazing place, but it does need an under 55 population to service it's many needs.

Frank
Old 08-09-2019, 05:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeloInspections View Post
So..the question one may ask is.....Does The Villages plan on building any more Family friendly communities? They are rapidly expanding WELL south of the contiguous portion of The Villages, and own property miles south, currently down to Center Hill and Okahumpka.

I see other developers building non-55 developments in the general area and the homes are going up fast and selling well.

The Villages is a one of a kind amazing place, but it does need an under 55 population to service it's many needs.

Frank
TV has been selling non-age-resticted homes in Oxford Oaks, near 301 & 466. I'm guessing there won't be another until they get close to a sellout at Oxford Oaks. Who wants to compete with themselves?
Old 08-11-2019, 01:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
That's what the 20% "Family" villages areas were designed for. To house those families of people who work in/for the Villages, who would otherwise not qualify due to having minor children, or no one being over 55 (for example). That was part of the sales pitch we got years ago when we first started looking.
The family villages do not count as part of The Villages. They were build to provide housing for doctors or other professionals working here. They have no access to the amenities, the MPP's etc in The Villages, They are standalone subdivisions. You do not have to be over 55 to live in the Villages, you just have to be over 19. Theoretically, a 19 year old could buy a house here and live in it as long as they have not gone over the 80/20 rule. Or, a 45 year old couple with kids 21 and 19 could live here also. I personally, don't know why anybody under 55 would want to live here, but that's just me.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.