The Villages Health Hearing Aid Program

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2021, 03:19 PM
Veteran member
Default The Villages Health Hearing Aid Program

Are any of you familiar with this? You pay a monthly fee of $159. That price is forever. Mine would be for an Oticon More 1. You pay this amount for as long as you are in the program. At 42-48 months they will change it for newer technology unless your hearing worsens and you need a different appliance before that. This includes warranties, office visits, batteries, cleanings. You get 60 days to get used to that pair of hearing aids. There is nothing this doesn't cover. Cost of a pair of Oticon More 1 is about $6-7,000 with everything if you want to pay it outright. Warranty only 3 years. Not tied to Oticon. That was the recommendation from audiologist after testing moderate to severe loss. This is my first experience dealing with hearing aids.
Would it be better to pay the $159 a month or buy outright? If I left the money in my IRA it could be earing money. Interested in your thoughts.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

I would go elsewhere for pricing.

We purchase two phonaks (2 pairs) about a year ago. If it last 4 years we will be way ahead of what they want you to pay.

Lots of hearing aid places around here get comparison prices.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
Are any of you familiar with this? You pay a monthly fee of $159. That price is forever. Mine would be for an Oticon More 1. You pay this amount for as long as you are in the program. At 42-48 months they will change it for newer technology unless your hearing worsens and you need a different appliance before that. This includes warranties, office visits, batteries, cleanings. You get 60 days to get used to that pair of hearing aids. There is nothing this doesn't cover. Cost of a pair of Oticon More 1 is about $6-7,000 with everything if you want to pay it outright. Warranty only 3 years. Not tied to Oticon. That was the recommendation from audiologist after testing moderate to severe loss. This is my first experience dealing with hearing aids.
Would it be better to pay the $159 a month or buy outright? If I left the money in my IRA it could be earing money. Interested in your thoughts.
I believe the hearing business you speak of is just a sub-contractor. I wasn't shot down with it.

We really like The Villages Ear....in the little side street to the right of Publix on 466. Dan is an excellent technician and I think the prices are fair. (Sort of, although when I buy hearing aids I think...sheesh. This is a high tech amplifier and I can buy a big gosh darn Television receiver for less than five hundred bucks.)
Old 05-05-2021, 06:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I believe the hearing business you speak of is just a sub-contractor. I wasn't shot down with it.

We really like The Villages Ear....in the little side street to the right of Publix on 466. Dan is an excellent technician and I think the prices are fair. (Sort of, although when I buy hearing aids I think...sheesh. This is a high tech amplifier and I can buy a big gosh darn Television receiver for less than five hundred bucks.)
Actually we visited Dan this afternoon for our annual hearing tests. Cleaned out wax in my ear and adjusted the programming and no charge as always.

Thinking we paid more than perhaps other places but service has always been good and no charge for repairs while under warranty for about 3 years.

Did have to pay several hundred when my dear wife lost one half of hers but was not that expensive as it could have been.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:53 AM
Veteran member

What about the issue of paying $159 month vs $ $6,000 outright? Warranty for as long as you are in the program?
Old 05-06-2021, 09:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
What about the issue of paying $159 month vs $ $6,000 outright? Warranty for as long as you are in the program?
Think it depends on how long it takes before you need a newer set of hearing aids.

Did you get a comparison price from other stores?
Old 05-06-2021, 10:00 AM

$159/month is just a little under 6,000 in 3 years so it's really like a no interest loan. I got the Unitron TMoxi Fit from Villages Health 3 yeas ago. They were $3,600 for the pair and they are still going strong. At the time they were one down fro the tip top model and I could not tell the difference. I go in for a check up every 4 months, no charge (to me).
Old 05-06-2021, 10:30 AM

Quote:
You said that they will change it for a new hearing aid at 42-48 months.

If changed at 42 months, you have paid $6678 for your $6000 hearing aid.

We find that they last longer than that. Generally about 5-6 years before getting new one. Cleaning and maintenance is free or minimal.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:44 PM
Veteran member

Thank you all for your responses.
Old 05-06-2021, 01:33 PM
Platinum member

Be sure to check your health insurance. My family member is entitled to a new pair every 3 years up to some dollar limit which I don’t recall. The limit always fully covers the cost. Our insurance is FEHB.

We go down to Costco at Wesley Chapel. They clean, adjust, etc. for the life of the hearing aids at no cost. Excellent customer service. Costco offers lower prices due to volume buying. The trip makes it slightly inconvenient but worth it.
Closed Thread

Tags
pay, hearing, oticon, outright, aids

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.