The Villages Health Selling to Optum!?!?

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2020, 09:51 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts
Default The Villages Health Selling to Optum!?!?

NO... as of 2/27/2020 that isn't true. But last year there was a post on TOTV in Nov. that said "The Villages Health will be selling to Optum on 1/1/20. Hearing they will be accepting traditional Medicare at that time."
Well... that didn't happen. I'm not saying it couldn't happen in the future. But as of today, it didn't happen.
What I find frustrating is that people post something as fact when they don't know the facts. Especially when it's something that people on this site are passionate about.... Medicare. And YES... I know people do it on this site all the time. But I think it's disappointing when people are making decisions on their healthcare, that someone "throws out" a comment that proves to be false.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
NO... as of 2/27/2020 that isn't true. But last year there was a post on TOTV in Nov. that said "The Villages Health will be selling to Optum on 1/1/20. Hearing they will be accepting traditional Medicare at that time."
Well... that didn't happen. I'm not saying it couldn't happen in the future. But as of today, it didn't happen.
What I find frustrating is that people post something as fact when they don't know the facts. Especially when it's something that people on this site are passionate about.... Medicare. And YES... I know people do it on this site all the time. But I think it's disappointing when people are making decisions on their healthcare, that someone "throws out" a comment that proves to be false.
I agree, and there are posters on here are extremely knowledgeable, but there are lots of trolls, people that don't live anywhere near The Villages, snowbirds that are here for only a few months and pay little attention while they are not here plus those that only want to stir the pot by posting inaccurate and even lies on TOTV. Sorting out who is who is not easy. There are sources through the District that will get you to the right folks to answer just about every question or concern you have. Each Care Center has a separate office with representatives for UHC and Florida Blue and that's a great place to start on health service questions......TOTV is not the place.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-28-2020, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

It happens way too often and when something like this is posted and challenged there are always a few who stand in the defense of the far fetched and highly unlikely statement.

I ALWAYS wonder what is the motivation? Is it a rival entity, someone who will gain monetarily or is it just pure cussed meanness?
Old 02-28-2020, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
it happens way too often and when something like this is posted and challenged there are always a few who stand in the defense of the far fetched and highly unlikely statement.

I always wonder what is the motivation? Is it a rival entity, someone who will gain monetarily or is it just pure cussed meanness?

i agree totally
Old 02-28-2020, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

If anyone takes what they read "on the internet" as fact and takes (or doesn't take) action because they "read it here" without doing their own due diligence ........ well, you get the point. These are forums with anonymous people. Hello!
Old 02-28-2020, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I just googled Optum and found this website, United Health Group and Optum.

Optum Products & Services - UnitedHealth Group

My contact with Optum was because I go to MVP Health Club at Brownwood. I use to pay for membership but it became free as part of my United Health Medicare Advantage plan at the start of 2018. When United started offering this benefit two years ago, we were told at the United Health table inside MVP lobby to go to the Optum Group page and get a number, give that number to the front desk at MVP and your membership would then be free. I was told last year at MVP that it is now called Renew and not Optum, and I started receiving a Renew magazine in the mail.

UHC Renew Active
Old 02-28-2020, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
If anyone takes what they read "on the internet" as fact and takes (or doesn't take) action because they "read it here" without doing their own due diligence ........ well, you get the point. These are forums with anonymous people. Hello!
I am mocked for asking for and giving links to give credibility to my posts......those who eschew the truth are questionable of character, in my opinion.
Old 03-01-2020, 12:23 PM
Sage

Trust but verify!!!

There is a lot of good information on TOTV but there are some people who post what they think is funny, (misinformation), because they can hide behind their keyboard.

I always like to get my information from the horses mouth for important decisions but that's just me.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

Tags
people, happen, site, time, medicare

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.