Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2021, 02:44 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts
Default Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
If the other “news” outlet had revealed its source, this story would carry some credibility.
Many “news” outlets do not reveal their sources in order to protect the source. I’m not saying that is the case here nor have an opinion one way or the other.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:02 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Many “news” outlets do not reveal their sources in order to protect the source. I’m not saying that is the case here nor have an opinion one way or the other.
The source was probably a hairdresser.
I you look at the site, they are asking for people to contact them if a peep knows anything.
Speaks volumes.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:03 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boffin View Post
UF Health-The Villages Hospital has been forced to operate by pen and paper thanks to a ransomware attack which has shut down the computer system.

The hospital has not officially acknowledged the attack, but an official with knowledge of the situation confirmed what has taken place, both at the hospital in The Villages and Leesburg Regional Medical Center.

Both hospitals operate under the UF Health system. Other hospitals in that system are reportedly not impacted and functioning normally.
Rumor has it the hackers are demanding an increase in the impact fee.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,619 Times in 5,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca9800 View Post
My impression of Villages News has been.... what a rag. Just the stories they put out, many of which seemingly have a purpose only to shame. Why does it need to be made public that a man lost his head and fought with his 35-year wedded wife. Why do I need to know, or care, that a couple was arrested for having intimate relations in the Square? Or that an adult child of a Village resident was arrested for whatever?

Sooo I'm thinking my impression was correct. No? Next point of clarification requested: I've seen references on TOTV to "the other" site.... why is that site referred to that way? I haven't figured out why the name is never used. Let me in on the secret!!
In most cases, they don't make it public because it is already public information. A lot of the stories are more interesting than the national stories shown on the 24 hour cable news TV channels.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:17 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

It was just on WESH news and they showed Leesburg and TV hospitals stating that both have been hacked. I would tend to believe their report.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:25 PM
Platinum member

I volunteer there on Tuesdays. It happened I was told at 10 pm Monday night and created huge problems. The staff were doing the best they could in very difficult circumstances.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

The online news is more quick to report things that do not show Villagers in a good light. Meta Minton was Editor of The Daily Sun for many years before she started the "other" on line news. I know her and she is a bright person and a decent one too. She and her husband are avid bike riders and are good people.

I like to know who beats their wife and who gets arrested for drinking and driving. I am both a busy body and one who believes that telling things like that MAY deter more of it from happening.

If we all thought the same, what would we debate on here?
Old 06-03-2021, 08:41 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
The so called “other digital only paper” could be called anti-Daily Sun or an alternative to the Daily Sun. They do carry “letters to the editor” both pro and con regarding the Villages Developer. As said, there is usually two sides to most opinions and stories.
They carry both pro and con? Wow... I’m not sure what version I’ve been reading.
My opinion is “that online newspaper” is as anti-Developer as The Daily Sun is pro- developer.
Old 06-04-2021, 04:45 AM

I had test there and they performed all aspects from registration to test completely professional with very little extra time considering they were working like the good old days. No computers. Everything ran smoothly.
Old 06-04-2021, 04:50 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I know her and she is a bright person and a decent one too.

I like to know who beats their wife and who gets arrested for drinking and driving. I am both a busy body and one who believes that telling things like that MAY deter more of it from happening.
Sarcasm Sheldon???
Old 06-04-2021, 06:02 AM

It's no rumor, I can officially state as the Leesburg Hospital people called me yesterday about my surgery this morning (Friday). They stated they had been hacked and were forced back to the old days of pen and paper..
Old 06-04-2021, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boffin View Post
UF Health-The Villages Hospital has been forced to operate by pen and paper thanks to a ransomware attack which has shut down the computer system.

The hospital has not officially acknowledged the attack, but an official with knowledge of the situation confirm what has taken place, both at the hospital in The Villages and Leesburg Regional Medical Center.

Both hospitals operate under the UF Health system. Other hospitals in that system are reportedly not impacted and functioning normally.

its everywhere... cyberwarfare ... program used by many medical factifies compromised by a foreign entity .. just like the pipeline, meat packing companies..etc
Old 06-04-2021, 06:03 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca9800 View Post
My impression of Villages News has been.... what a rag. Just the stories they put out, many of which seemingly have a purpose only to shame. Why does it need to be made public that a man lost his head and fought with his 35-year wedded wife. Why do I need to know, or care, that a couple was arrested for having intimate relations in the Square? Or that an adult child of a Village resident was arrested for whatever?

Sooo I'm thinking my impression was correct. No? Next point of clarification requested: I've seen references on TOTV to "the other" site.... why is that site referred to that way? I haven't figured out why the name is never used. Let me in on the secret!!
What I like about it, deplorable as it is, is that if there is a crime in the area, you can be sure it will be mentioned, accurately or not. As no crimes against homes in The Villages have been mentioned, to my knowledge, in the past year, I assume that there have been none. A tiny number of villagers are battering each other or driving under the influence, but our houses aren’t being burgled, and we aren’t being mugged, and that’s what I care about. There is occasional shoplifting at area stores on the outskirts, but the stores and police officers deal effectively with that, and I don’t see that sort of people in my neighborhood. I feel completely safe here. Crime happens in Leesburg, Wildwood, Ocala, etc. I avoid those places.

I find that if I take a hot shower and scrub with soap right after reading the rag, I can feel clean again. However, I try hard not to accidentally touch any of the click-bait ads. If I do, I might need extra scrubbing.

As for holding up pipelines and hospitals for ransom, perhaps we should hire some of the many hit men and hit women in television programs to quietly eliminate the hackers. Raymond Levington of The Blacklist, we need you! Hacking is utterly despicable.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I know.
It's a rumor.
Not a rumor. Know people that work there. They are using pen and paper and the phones are out too. They have to use runners between departments. Very dangerous especially for critical patients. IMHO, as an RN, admissions and elective surgery should be put on hold
Old 06-04-2021, 06:38 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,136 Times in 881 Posts

I was sent a letter stating I owed the Villages hospital money which I know I don't. Always keep statements of any money paid. Didn't send money.
Closed Thread

Tags
hospital, villages, system, attack, ransomware

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.