Villages population during the summer

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Gold member
Default Summer population

For what it's worth, a few years ago someone published fact that seasonal residents of TV was 30-35% of total. This may have changed over the years, but it is a lot less crowded during the summer months and most folks move at a slower pace.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:22 AM

Living in The Villages will be wonderful all 4 seasons! I would bet the full time residents love the summer, tho. I can tell you that life in a Big Ten college town changes in the summer when 25,000+ students go back home and only summer school and grad students remain. Less traffic, no wait in restuarants and it is a joy to walk around campus. Love to see the summer come!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Let's put it this way. We live in a CYV, in the villa neighborhood there are 60 villas. In the winter months all 60 full 95% of the time. In summer..10 are full! Heck on my street alone, there is only one other fulltimer! We LOVE the summer months!

Army Guy
Old 03-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Sage
Default Add 1 person to TV's population for a week in July.

Add one person to the population of TV this summer for one week in July, as I am waiting for the lease to be e-mailed to me to rent a patio villa in the Village of Chatham. And I won't mind a slower summer pace in TV as I have been working a lot of OT at work the past couple of months, which may continue for a while. So leave the light on for me.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Add one person to the population of TV this summer for one week in July, as I am waiting for the lease to be e-mailed to me to rent a patio villa in the Village of Chatham. And I won't mind a slower summer pace in TV as I have been working a lot of OT at work the past couple of months, which may continue for a while. So leave the light on for me.
Congrats! Hope it works out well for you.

Bring your sunscreen and enjoy!!

Bill
Old 03-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
Summer in The Villages is Florida's BKS!

(Best Kept Secret . . . shhhh)
Yep. I love TV in the summer. Low prices, easy to get tee times, no waits. Shhhh.

Oh, note to northern friends: you might not like summers here. It's real hot. You might want to just come down for the winter.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:09 AM

Great! Reading these posts has confirmed what my husband and I had been hoping for.... We are planning on buying a home in TV and moving by the end of middle of June. Since we are inexperienced golf cart drivers and have limited exposure to the dreaded traffic circles we had hoped there would be less Villagers for us to terrorize when we were traveling around by either car or golf cart. It sounds like summer in TV will be perfect for us! By the winter we will be pros.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Sage

If you can drive in philly, you will have no problem at TV.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookies View Post
Great! Reading these posts has confirmed what my husband and I had been hoping for.... We are planning on buying a home in TV and moving by the end of middle of June. Since we are inexperienced golf cart drivers and have limited exposure to the dreaded traffic circles we had hoped there would be less Villagers for us to terrorize when we were traveling around by either car or golf cart. It sounds like summer in TV will be perfect for us! By the winter we will be pros.
Come on down, Cookies! We'll be here... Traffic circles are a piece of cake to navigate, but some posts [on here] would have you believe they were installed by the devil himself, just to mess with us..

...and, we all do stupid things in golf carts, even if we're experienced...
Old 03-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Traffic circles, we call them roundabouts, are not to be dreaded but they do take some getting used to. Click http://www.districtgov.org/PdfView/P...9;&ql=standard to get a preview of what the rules are. The majority of the folks here know how to use them. One unwritten rule: stagger. Don't count on the car beside you following the rules so give him room to goof up.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Sage

Good point about "following the rules" in the roundabouts. I try to make sure, if at all possible, that I'm not traveling side by side with another vehicle while navigating them.

Bill
Old 03-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Default summer popl

Our neighborhood has no renters, is 12 years old, and has about 90% year arounders. However, even those who are here year around travel and take vacations to get a break from the heat. This lowers the average to something like 80% of the people in our neighborhood are here throughout the summer. I imaging the older neighborhoods have higher summer popl than the newer neighborhoods. We shorten our summer absence every year as did all our neighbors before us. The conversion from snow bird to year arounders takes a few years.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Cookies,
I love your attitude and humor. You will fit right in and absolutely love it here. We'll love you being here. Come live in Springdale, ok?

p.s. Memason, I always love your clever avatars!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:01 PM

I have learned to wait for summer to buy major items, household upgrades and building maintenance as prices are much lower in the summer. Lots of sales and the building trades quote lower installation estimates as that is the slow time for them around here. It is a much more relaxing time around here in the summer.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Cookies, Congratulations on your upcoming move to TV and good luck in your home search. I was able to navigate the traffic circles/roundabouts OK last summer when I was in TV, and I have had very little experience with driving in them. I will be back renting in TV this July, so watch out for me in the roundabouts : ). I found it helpful to pay extra close attention to what the other drivers were doing in the roundabouts. It's not the time to be changing radio stations, dialing the cell phone or arguing with the passenger in your car.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.