The Villages purchase another 900 acres

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2023, 05:15 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
Anybody know what they're building just South of the TV industrial park ?
Can you be a little more specific? I probably know, I just don’t know exactly where you’re talking about.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 03-28-2023, 02:47 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
After reading TOTV for years, the developer finally bought land for a Villages COSTCO
Costco is perfectly capable of buying their own land.
Old 03-28-2023, 02:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmurano View Post
Why do people think this place is so expensive and things are going to dry up? 99.9999% of the people moving here, this is not their 1st home, and I’ll bet most of these same people will be selling a house that costs much more than what they will be spending here in TV.
On top of that, a lot of people pay cash so they will be benefiting from any soft sales in TV that might occur.
All of Florida is benefiting from a huge influx of people coming from other states and I don’t see this ending anytime soon, and actually, we might be getting more people move here than in these last few years. How many new homes do you see go unsold?
Agree with most of what you have to say, but do not understand how Florida is benefitting from huge influx of people. Most people moving here are retired or about to retire. Where are the worker bees coming from? Most of the communities are 55+ communities. Take a ride on the newest parking lot 1-75. Already bumper to bumper. Florida is not doing anything to take into consideration the rapid growth rate.
Old 03-28-2023, 03:37 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Can you be a little more specific? I probably know, I just don’t know exactly where you’re talking about.

The East side of I-75, just South of the current buildings in the Governor Rick Scott Industrial Park. They left a pocket of trees up, but are pretty prepping the land for something.
Old 03-28-2023, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,251 Times in 4,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
Agree with most of what you have to say, but do not understand how Florida is benefitting from huge influx of people. Most people moving here are retired or about to retire. Where are the worker bees coming from? Most of the communities are 55+ communities. Take a ride on the newest parking lot 1-75. Already bumper to bumper. Florida is not doing anything to take into consideration the rapid growth rate.
Not really...

According to the Move.org report, 65% of the people who moved were between the ages of 25 and 44 and most people moved between August and October of 2020.

Also...

Why Are People Moving to Florida? - James Madison Institute

-Tom Petty
Old 03-28-2023, 08:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Not really...

According to the Move.org report, 65% of the people who moved were between the ages of 25 and 44 and most people moved between August and October of 2020.

Also...

Why Are People Moving to Florida? - James Madison Institute
Try not confuse peoples speculation or opinion with facts

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-30-2023, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
Not really surprising, given that Da Family is getting larger, with ever so many more mouths to feed - and palms stretched out. It wouldn't even surprise me to hear that at some point in the not to distant future, that a large portion (all?) of the existing sprawl gets sold and they start fresh somewhere else (like in the area of this new purchase?).

As anyone who made it to upper management in a previous life knows, the larger the entity/responsibility, the larger the headaches and time/effort/attention suck. It's not out of the realm of possibility, that the elder Morse children may have designs on wanting to totally retire themselves at some point and hand off what has proved to be a winning formula, to the younger generations...who can start all over in a different location.

As someone else mentioned previously though, makes no never mind to us as it will be our kids choice to sell or stay in what might be by that time, the 5th largest city in Florida. lol.
Going so far south IS A NEW LOCATION!
Old 03-30-2023, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

All the land around here WILL get developed sooner or later. The only question is by who? Do you want the devil you know or the devil you don't?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 03-30-2023, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
All the land around here WILL get developed sooner or later. The only question is by who? Do you want the devil you know or the devil you don't?
If the devil we don’t know if building something other than a retirement community it would certainly help diversify the local economy.
Old 03-30-2023, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
If the devil we don’t know if building something other than a retirement community it would certainly help diversify the local economy.
Have you seen any sign of long range planning outside TV?

Seems to be the same thing only different, hodge podge of competing chain business, clustered together, with no golf cart access.

These developmrnts will mostly be under staffed and create traffic choke points as we see happening along 466/466A.
Closed Thread

Tags
acres, approx, calculation, puts, miles

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.