The Villages ranked #1 in credit scores

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2020, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
The credit reporting companies have tools to help people increase their credit scores. For entertainment, last month I played with the tool. I have one credit card and if I called the credit card company and lowered my credit limit (the limit, not my usage) by $20,000.....it would increase my credit score. Insurance companies are smarter than to buy into that "logic".

I dislike agreeing with myself as well.
Wrong. You have it backwards.

One of the most significant factors in determining your credit score is the percentage of your available credit you are using. The higher your credit limits the better. (And the lower your reported balance the better.)

"A credit limit increase may affect your credit score.
A credit line increase “can, many times, help your credit score,”. If you increase your credit line and keep your usage the same, you automatically shrink the utilization ratio."

Last edited by skyking; 05-18-2020 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:52 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
Wrong. You have it backwards.

One of the most significant factors in determining your credit score is the percentage of your available credit you are using. The higher your credit limits the better. (And the lower your reported balance the better.)

"A credit limit increase may affect your credit score.
A credit line increase “can, many times, help your credit score,”. If you increase your credit line and keep your usage the same, you automatically shrink the utilization ratio."

SkyQueen you are missing one important factor..............I AM USING NO CREDIT. ZIP. I have nota debt. Zip..

So you are wrong about saying I am wrong.

Your apology can either be in a post or a PM..............I look forward to it.

(I was just sharing the results of using an online tool)

Old 05-18-2020, 09:06 PM

You pay cash for everything? Most of us pay off monthly and get money back on every purchase.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:13 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
You pay cash for everything? Most of us pay off monthly and get money back on every purchase.

Debit card, what else do you need to know?? Shoe size???
Old 05-19-2020, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
I guess respondents have never worked in sales and marketing at a multi billion dollar company with millions of customers and millions of dollars in Visa fees for offering credit cards. And likewise have never been part of pricing program designs to raise prices to offset the costs, and to hide the cost increases from the customers. Such actions include playing around with shipping charges, and shipping charges by destination, transaction fees, multi year pricing changes to long term contracts, short term pricing changes. You probably have never worked at a company where theft of product in the tens of thousands of dollars happened with credit card fraud.
Yet, somehow, after all these Presidents and Vice Presidents and Boards of Directors do all this research and designing and stuff... I forced them to accept credit cards. Little ole me down in The Villages. Wow.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, ranked, credit, scores, surprised

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.