Villages really helping small businesses?

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2020, 09:22 AM

Hey Jayhawk - Have you considered switching from cable to streaming. I did and went from $150/mo to $54/mo.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

"unused" amenity fees?
How about the registration for our cars that are not being used?
How about the insurance premium for the unused car?

As we would tell our kids.....nice try!!!
Old 04-05-2020, 10:11 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Do you have information on other Developers that are reducing or forgiving rent or is this just a bash the Morse post?
The only post I read here about bashing the Morse family is yours. The others are just a reasonable discussion of the new act regarding the business loans, and a simple question. These unwarranted attacks is what starts these threads to go awry.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruizs View Post
The only post I read here about bashing the Morse family is yours. The others are just a reasonable discussion of the new act regarding the business loans, and a simple question. These unwarranted attacks is what starts these threads to go awry.
Your post March 10. (What is it they say about glass houses...……………)
"That may be true, but the rep is still going to be blamed. It is pretty clear that the developers are having reps say whatever they think will sell the houses. They told us in 2012 that build out would be in 5 years max. How many lies does the developers have to tell you before you begin to understand what you/they are doing? If you keep working and keep passing on the lies, well, you’re going to get blamed."
Old 04-05-2020, 01:37 PM
Veteran member

FIrst off, landlords all have expenses also , I am waiting for BANKS to allow mortgages to be late without foreclosure. giving free money to small businesses allows them to pay employees to be off and home safe. This means they can come back if the business is still alive.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Do you have information on other Developers that are reducing or forgiving rent or is this just a bash the Morse post?
There are the many on here that incessantly bash The Developer no matter what they do/don’t do, however, lately they’ve turned their bashing to the Governor.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I don't understand how the Federal stimulus bill will really help a small business to survive. You can pay your employees, but they are not doing any work for you. You can get a loan, but you still need to pay your rent and other fixed expenses with no income to offset them. Many businesses are stuck with a multi-year lease. When you reopen in a few months, will your customers come back? And, what about your employees? They may decide to do something else. I think a lot of small businesses will be gone forever.
Very sad and very true. This pandemic will sadly serve to push the inevitable up by a few years. Unfortunately the writing has been on the wall for small non-service businesses for years. Not referring to government defined (under 500 employees) small businesses but TRUE small businesses with just a few employees. If anyone here belongs to the Segway club and read the email from a few days ago you'd see the loss of small business is already here.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:40 PM

It would be very generous for the CSU to reduce the fee since we have no use of the facilities. Of course they still have to maintain everything but I’ve not seen anyone cleaning pools.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy&Connie1103 View Post
It would be very generous for the CSU to reduce the fee since we have no use of the facilities. Of course they still have to maintain everything but I’ve not seen anyone cleaning pools.
How much of a reduction would you suggest? 5% 50% 100%. Really?
BTW I saw a pool cleaner at the Bridgeport rec center.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Monitoring them all 24/7 are you?
Old 04-05-2020, 06:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
Monitoring them all 24/7 are you?
Back when my dog was young and agile enough to walk three miles, I used to walk him after dark in the summer. I would frequently see pool maintenance trucks at both Tamarind Grove and St. James pools. Probably 8:30-9:00 at night.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72lions View Post
The headline in today’s paper says that Villages is taking big steps to help small businesses. When you read the article, all it talks about is the Village owned bank doing what every other bank is doing to help process loans under the new federal law. Wouldn’t it be nice to learn that the Villages was taking some steps to postpone or reduce lease payments being made by retail owners during this trying time?
I take it TV told you what most others tell you how they’re going to help, NOTHING! But I’m sure if they said they were going help they will.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:59 AM
Default Morse family response

The one response I hope the Morse family will take at this this time is to provide The Villagers a statement which shows they are concerned and thinking about the people who live in their town. I think this would be a positive measure that would be appreciated by all Villagers. I believe they are or will help their tenants as they certainly want them to thrive once this pandemic becomes less of a threat.

Be safe.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
The one response I hope the Morse family will take at this this time is to provide The Villagers a statement which shows they are concerned and thinking about the people who live in their town. I think this would be a positive measure that would be appreciated by all Villagers. I believe they are or will help their tenants as they certainly want them to thrive once this pandemic becomes less of a threat.

Be safe.
It would make no difference to me. Anymore than all the many ads saying the same thing.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:07 AM

I agree. Many small businesses may be destroyed forever because of this calamity that has come upon them. Many are retrofitting and re-inventng themselves but many cannot make changes quickly enough. Very sad.

Tags
villages, bank, steps, taking, businesses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.