The Villages Refused Parcar to attend golf fest

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2016, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid;1196636[COLOR="Magenta"
]As the new requirements to attend the Village charter schools have become more tied in with businesses doing business with the developer,[/COLOR] so has the restrictions on Villages clubs to work with only businesses tied to the developer. With the growth of the number of business inside the bubble, I suppose this change to policy is inevitable. Time will tell if those businesses inside the bubble with be as generous as those on the outside have been in helping Villages clubs gather funds for various worthwhile projects.

SIR. THE Villages Charter Schools were built and planned to be for the children of people who worked for The Villages. No new anything. No change. That is why they are here. They are workplace charter schools and good ones too. Many caring and conscientious parents find work here for that very reason. It is a win-win situation.

https://www.redefinedonline.org/2015...re-in-florida/

Please take up golf.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-10-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I believe there was a change in Charter School eligibility within the last year. Something along the lines that the business had to have a physical presence within The Villages. I figured they needed to cull the herd a bit. Their school, their rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
SIR. THE Villages Charter Schools were built and planned to be for the children of people who worked for The Villages. No new anything. No change. That is why they are here. They are workplace charter schools and good ones too. Many caring and conscientious parents find work here for that very reason. It is a win-win situation.

Please take up golf.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:28 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
I believe there was a change in Charter School eligibility within the last year. Something along the lines that the business had to have a physical presence within The Villages. I figured they needed to cull the herd a bit. Their school, their rules.
Yes! And I thank you for letting others know the facts.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

My info came from a conversation with the woman that cuts my hair. She has a couple of kids in the Charter School. Her husband works for a major contractor to The Villages. She, by the way, has nothing but great things to say about the Charter School. They apparently offer after school daycare to 6PM for a song. It appears that it is an excellent school and a real perk for those that do business with The Villages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Old 03-10-2016, 12:02 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
My info came from a conversation with the woman that cuts my hair. She has a couple of kids in the Charter School. Her husband works for a major contractor to The Villages. She, by the way, has nothing but great things to say about the Charter School. They apparently offer after school daycare to 6PM for a song. It appears that it is an excellent school and a real perk for those that do business with The Villages.
The recent changes to the Charter School policy have been discussed in previous forum threads. Many seems to believe that The Villages Charter schools and several other local schools are very good schools. I have nothing against any schools in Florida as long as Ohio schools beat them in sports.

And my point was to state that changes are being made to an existing policy that will now give businesses who are located within the dome more incentives and advantages.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 03-10-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
As the new requirements to attend the Village charter schools have become more tied in with businesses doing business with the developer, so has the restrictions on Villages clubs to work with only businesses tied to the developer. With the growth of the number of business inside the bubble, I suppose this change to policy is inevitable. Time will tell if those businesses inside the bubble with be as generous as those on the outside have been in helping Villages clubs gather funds for various worthwhile projects.
Quote:
Quote:
So, what's the point, charter schools do this all the time.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:15 PM
Sage

We have moved far afield from the original post that was saying Parcar (or a Parcar dealer) sent an email to the OP about The Villages GolfFestival.

There are a number of sponsors including Villages Golf Cart and a beer company.

Here is the link that I posted before.

The Villages Golf Festival

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-10-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:47 PM
Platinum member

The ParCar exclusion and the Charter School change could be attributed to And my point was to state that changes are being made to an existing policy that will now give businesses that are located within the dome more incentives and advantages. I am simply stating my observations to changes that are being made.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 03-10-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

More second hand stories.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:47 PM
Veteran member

My friend called it "The Golden Rule" : He who owns the gold, makes the rules.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
My friend called it "The Golden Rule" : He who owns the gold, makes the rules.

That is what my husband says too. It is true, maybe not politically acceptable but just common sense. So I says to the kids, go out and make some money and be in charge of things. Run your own railroad, work hard, stay after, check and double check and you will soon be the boss, THEN you get more money...and more stress, and people can look down on you and tell you that you are greedy.

But Don't do anything illegal or immoral, because I am still your mother and I will hunt you down and whatever the law or even public opinion could do to you would pale in comparison. .
Old 03-10-2016, 04:16 PM
Location: Village of Dunedin, Keller Tx, Tulsa Ok, Chicago Il, Milwaukee Wi

So then to keep this to the original post topic then-- as far as ParCar being excluded from the event, is it just ParCar or all non Village business interests are excluded from the event?

It does seem ironic though, at least in this case the only golf cart manufactured and build in America--and it's being excluded--right here in The Villages!. I'm sorry, for that reason alone, I say I'd accept their sponsorship any day. Sorry!
Old 03-10-2016, 04:18 PM
Veteran member

Will I be able to park my ParCar at the event this weekend?
Old 03-10-2016, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I am sure all the shennigans like this are legal, however if one had the time and the money I think a good attorney could make something out of conflicts of interest in and by TV.

I know they own the paper but it just seems not right to DISCRIMINATE people willing to pay the price of advertizing.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:15 PM

For your information The Villages Golf Cars is not owned by the developer.

Tags
golf, refused, run, feb, attend, objection, wanted, parcar, fest, competition, show, speech, john, village, villages, assuming, info, freedom, correct, cart, star, streetrod, treated, company, talk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.