The villages regional hospital meeting

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2019, 06:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Another question would be... "how hard is it to recruit top-notch medical professionals to the middle of Central FL vs. Orlando or Tampa or another metropolitan area that has excellent entertainment options and a robust infrastructure (including shopping and restaurants).
VERY good question and obvious answer. PLUS the prestige of being at a well recognized and funded medical center.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:28 AM
Default Hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I believe this meeting was set up by the POA to address the really LOW ratings the hospital got from CMS.
Hi, thanks. Recently, The Villages Hospital nearly DID A Very BAD NUMBER ON MY WIFE, twice!
I offered to attend the meeting and give examples and pictures documenting that place, they turned me down. So common here, not to face the truth on many items.

Will avoid that place for sure.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Another question would be... "how hard is it to recruit top-notch medical professionals to the middle of Central FL vs. Orlando or Tampa or another metropolitan area that has excellent entertainment options and a robust infrastructure (including shopping and restaurants).
Sounds like you may have bought in the wrong place.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:15 PM

I just found this post and am concerned about our hospital having the lowest rating. Does anyone have a summary of the meeting or a URL with the meeting minutes. I would much rather live here than Orlando or Tampa but I would also like to have some confidence in the local health care system.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darield View Post
I just found this post and am concerned about our hospital having the lowest rating. Does anyone have a summary of the meeting or a URL with the meeting minutes. I would much rather live here than Orlando or Tampa but I would also like to have some confidence in the local health care system.
You probably know this but I will type it anyway; The Villages Regional Hospital is separate from and run by different people than The Villages Health Care System(run by developer)
Old 03-28-2019, 04:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You probably know this but I will type it anyway; The Villages Regional Hospital is separate from and run by different people than The Villages Health Care System(run by developer)
The medical offices in the Sharon Morse building are not part of The Villages Regional Hospital either. I often hear women say they got their mammogram at The Villages Regional Hospital.....nope, they don't do them there but rather at Lake Medical Imaging in the Sharon Morse Building. Something to remember if imaging records are needed so folks contact the correct facility.

Last edited by Debfrommaine; 03-28-2019 at 04:53 AM.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:37 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Sounds like you may have bought in the wrong place.
Not at all. I LOVE it here. But I'm not a Medical Professional (perhaps with a family and with a spouse that has a career and wants to work). I am retired and live in The Villages.
If I was a medical professional working full time, living here wouldn't be attractive to me. It would be hard for my spouse to get a job plus there isn't much to do here. If I want better restaurants and great entertainment/family entertainment I would live in Tampa or Orlando. One reason to live here would be the excellent Charter School (which the Developer funds and is free to anyone working for a contractor of The Villages or a Villages business).
Old 03-30-2019, 07:59 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Not at all. I LOVE it here. But I'm not a Medical Professional (perhaps with a family and with a spouse that has a career and wants to work). I am retired and live in The Villages.
If I was a medical professional working full time, living here wouldn't be attractive to me. It would be hard for my spouse to get a job plus there isn't much to do here. If I want better restaurants and great entertainment/family entertainment I would live in Tampa or Orlando. One reason to live here would be the excellent Charter School (which the Developer funds and is free to anyone working for a contractor of The Villages or a Villages business).

I can think of any number of excellent medical professionals who work and live in this area would vehemently disagree with you but then again as you said you are not a medical professional.
Closed Thread

Tags
meeting, hospital, manor, improve, attending

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.