Villages response to Covid 19 shameful

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2020, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygolfer93 View Post
I agree the only important factor is "image". We have ONE news paper, ONE, and yet, you have to do extensive research to find out anything here ! You would think in most communities the number one headline in the news paper would be the current virus stats, but not here ! I was surprised to find that the ambassadors share the same cart; I actually never thought about it, figured they owned those carts themselves but now that I think of it, of course they would be the property of the Villages. Has anyone ever wondered which, if ANY, drugs for the virus are available in this hospital ? Can you request the one that became so controversial after the administration supported it's off label use ? The lack of communication and facts here is stunning. It's a nice community but sometimes I long for a real town with real elected mayor, council, a real newspaper (it there is such a thing any more ?), and where everything is not kept so "secret"..... it just makes for MORE rumor and innuendo... sad situation.
Well said
Old 08-09-2020, 06:35 AM

Why?
Old 08-09-2020, 07:30 AM
Send a message via AIM to Emmakrock@yahoo.com

That must be because you don’t play
Old 08-09-2020, 07:52 AM
Default Biggest threats to golfers of Covid

Anyone know of a golf store where the employees wear masks? These tiny little stores where social distancing is impossible don't require their employees to wear masks. My experiences were at Johnny's Birdie Golf on 466 and Golf Central in Brownwood. I consider those stores the most dangerous places I have gone and will not go again.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygolfer93 View Post
I agree the only important factor is "image". We have ONE news paper, ONE, and yet, you have to do extensive research to find out anything here ! You would think in most communities the number one headline in the news paper would be the current virus stats, but not here ! I was surprised to find that the ambassadors share the same cart; I actually never thought about it, figured they owned those carts themselves but now that I think of it, of course they would be the property of the Villages. Has anyone ever wondered which, if ANY, drugs for the virus are available in this hospital ? Can you request the one that became so controversial after the administration supported it's off label use ? The lack of communication and facts here is stunning. It's a nice community but sometimes I long for a real town with real elected mayor, council, a real newspaper (it there is such a thing any more ?), and where everything is not kept so "secret"..... it just makes for MORE rumor and innuendo... sad situation.
Not really.
It is truly what one chooses to make of the situation.
As demonstrated by the above post.

A quiz across a section of people, the same age as TV residents, would yield the same results no matter what community or form of organization.

And unfortunately here in TV far too many have an unrealistic/warped sense of "the developers" involvement or what "the developer" owes them.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:08 AM

You are exactly right! Golf should have been shut down!! And the squares...there are still people congregating there...this should be stopped immediately!!! All our home values will go down dramatically, due to the actions of stupid, ignorant, people who have a death wish!!!
Old 08-09-2020, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkw1 View Post
In your defense, everyone is reading this wrong, The golf courses disinfect and some golfers practice social distancing. But when an employee is diagnosed it is reported to The Villages. Then in turn you would expect the coworkers to be told in case they came in contact with the person. They DO NOT. it is don't ask don't tell. There is no concern for the safety of the rest of the employees. How do I know ? I work for them
Good insider reporting. You should get "whistle blower" protection,......if needed.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rite2jamie View Post
I also heard one of the managers came down with COVID. When he wanted to send out an email to the staff to let them know, upper management told him NO. They didn’t want anyone to know.
If true? That would be sick and anti-Christ. Also might be illegal.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys37Packard View Post
So sad for the person that got infected. But we are adults, if I was still working during these times, i do believe I would be taking my own precautions as well as what ever the company had in place or didn’t. We all have access to hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes etc. before using phone or cart, wipe steering wheel, keys, etc down, if in office, wear a mask and wipe phone off, use my own marker and pencil, etc. I wouldn’t take it for granted that everyone else was careful. Be responsible for your own self. When you go shopping, do you trust that the cart has been wiped down, NO. Do it yourself. It you do pickup for groceries, do you wash your hands after unbanning things in case the person that put everything in your trunk is sick? Pumping gas? Wear disposable gloves or paper towels to handle equipment and my biggest pet peace, the touch screens every where.... gas pumps, check out, ATM, food ordering, .... do you wipe them down? Wash afterwards before you touch your face? Please stop blaming The Villages for everything. We are all in this together but YOU are responsible for you. Please be safe everyone. Condolences to to families of all those infected.
A person could wipe every surface on the planet down and it would NOT matter. CV is primarily spread through AIRBORNE means. The most dangerous places are indoors in a crowded situation with people who are NOT wearing their masks. It spreads 15 times greater INSIDE than outside. Schools are opening now, so 15 days from now we will be flying into the DANGER ZONE. Beware of being inside around school age children. And THIS will go against some people's grain, better to avoid indoor churches to lower risk of CV. Petition for in-car, in-parking lot church services. Yes! It is strange, but NOTHING is normal now and will be for a long time. Adjustments must be made for more people to survive!
Old 08-09-2020, 01:15 PM

Do not make an assumption that someone else is taking responsibility in sanitizing a common use item such as a pen, shopping cart or touch screen. Do it yourself, that way you are sure to do it to your satisfaction.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Good insider reporting. You should get "whistle blower" protection,......if needed.
Incredible that they do not make the other employees aware of a positive testing.

Very irresponsible
Old 08-09-2020, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,178 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Incredible that they do not make the other employees aware of a positive testing.

Very irresponsible
This has been repeated several times in this thread. An employer is not responsible for informing any person of an exposure. The positive tested person may or may not have informed the employer. However privacy requires that the name of the person not be publicly reported unless the ill person agrees to such release. Golf course management could say that someone has tested positive but it cannot give enough information that such a person could be ascertained.

The positive result will be reported to the county and contact tracing will be done if the ill person gives the names of his or her contacts. A positive person can also directly notify their friends if they so chose but are not required to do so.

To summarize, an employer may not even know one of their workers tested positive. If they do know they cannot give a name or specific employment information. The employer cannot do contact notification. An employer can be encouraging all its employees to wear masks both indoor and outdoor. An employer can insist on six foot spacing where it is possible especially important indoor. An employer can and should provide materials and directions for routine cleaning although surfaces are not a significant source of Covid spread.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlride View Post
Anyone know of a golf store where the employees wear masks? These tiny little stores where social distancing is impossible don't require their employees to wear masks. My experiences were at Johnny's Birdie Golf on 466 and Golf Central in Brownwood. I consider those stores the most dangerous places I have gone and will not go again.
I agree about Golf Central. The only people in the store with masks on were the customers. It’s not that big of a store. Compare that with Rustic Rose where you have to knock on the door to be let in because the store is small and they only let so many in at a time. You must wear a mask and the staff does too. Golf Central is not as small as that store but the staff should be wearing a mask IMHO. Until then, I will stay away.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
This has been repeated several times in this thread. An employer is not responsible for informing any person of an exposure. The positive tested person may or may not have informed the employer. However privacy requires that the name of the person not be publicly reported unless the ill person agrees to such release. Golf course management could say that someone has tested positive but it cannot give enough information that such a person could be ascertained.

The positive result will be reported to the county and contact tracing will be done if the ill person gives the names of his or her contacts. A positive person can also directly notify their friends if they so chose but are not required to do so.

To summarize, an employer may not even know one of their workers tested positive. If they do know they cannot give a name or specific employment information. The employer cannot do contact notification. An employer can be encouraging all its employees to wear masks both indoor and outdoor. An employer can insist on six foot spacing where it is possible especially important indoor. An employer can and should provide materials and directions for routine cleaning although surfaces are not a significant source of Covid spread.
If I worked somewhere and one of my coworkers tested positive I would not be a happy camper if they did not inform us of this fact.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

So unless announced by management are we to assume no one will ever find out??

It will become known just as quickly...
Closed Thread

Tags
response, villages, golf, hush, areas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.