Villages response to Covid 19 shameful

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2020, 06:32 AM
Default Villages response to Covid 19 shameful

A good friend just quit their job as golf Ambassador. The reason, a co worker diagnosed with covid just died. They shared equipment, cart, phone etc. Villages response was to keep this hush, hush. No extra measures taken to sanitize common employee areas. Business as usual. Their location is not the only one to be affected but you will never hear about this in the news. Be careful playing on golf courses and practice areas. At least WAWA has the proper response after one of their employees tested positive.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

everyone is responsible for their own safety...and making their own decisions...your friend did what they felt was right for them

shameful if it actually was 'business as usual'....but I wouldn't immediately jump to that conclusion based on hearsay
Old 08-07-2020, 07:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

Do not know enough to agree or disagree with what you wrote.

We certainly take all necessary precautions in our everyday lifes making sure shopping wagons are sanitized and realizing not every surface of the cart is done.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:10 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,286 Times in 1,428 Posts

A good friend of mine works at a rec. center and told me that they keep it totally safe with constant disinfection efforts, no one there has tested positive and I would be willing to bet that this will not be on the news and the reason you haven't heard of this situation is because The Villages are keeping it hush hush. I like proven facts, I do not like hearsay.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Golf should of been the first thing shut down
Old 08-07-2020, 10:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukismom View Post
a co worker diagnosed with covid just died. They shared equipment, cart, phone etc.
In other words, a person who did not practice social distancing caught the Virus and died.

That should be a warning to all of us.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
A good friend just quit their job as golf Ambassador. The reason, a co worker diagnosed with covid just died. They shared equipment, cart, phone etc. Villages response was to keep this hush, hush. No extra measures taken to sanitize common employee areas. Business as usual. Their location is not the only one to be affected but you will never hear about this in the news. Be careful playing on golf courses and practice areas. At least WAWA has the proper response after one of their employees tested positive.
I’m not too quick to believe this. Too many people jump to conclusions based on gossip and hearsay.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:09 AM
Veteran member

I have been told by several ambassadors that proper measures have been taken to help ensure the safety of workers and golfers.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:20 AM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

I am so sorry for your pain and fear .. stay safe
Old 08-08-2020, 05:37 AM

So a worker at a Villages golf course caught Covid 19 and died and it is automatically the fault of the Villages staff and golf should have been the first thing shut down? Really? There is no mention of the health of the Ambassador that died. Was he overweight? On blood pressure meds? Have respiratory issues? Diabetic? He could have picked this up at any number of places. I work at Palmer as a cleaner. All the staff wear face masks and social distance. I keep the bathrooms spotless and disinfected, wiping down everything from the sinks, commode, tower dispensers to even the door handles, locks and flush handles on commode. I also mop the floors. Probably one of the safest places people can go. Stop jumping to conclusions without any evidence to back it up.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:37 AM

Quote:
They shared equipment, cart, phone etc. Villages response was to keep this hush, hush. No extra measures taken to sanitize common employee areas. Business as usual.
This is not true. The courses I work at, common areas are sanitized by employees constantly. Carts, including ambassador carts, are sanitized between each use. Extremely sad what happened, but you can’t condemn the entire organization. We are trying very hard to keep your life as normal as possible.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Golf should of been the first thing shut down
Why?
Old 08-08-2020, 06:00 AM

What golf course?
Old 08-08-2020, 06:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
In other words, a person who did not practice social distancing caught the Virus and died.

That should be a warning to all of us.
No... if it's true, a person who had to use the same equipment as the person who caught the virus and died has quit due to the lack of safe practices of his place of employment.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:20 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES
Default must be Palmer

Quote:
I was shocked when I found out this was their policy. Luckily I didn't work with this person but this policy makes no sense to me.
Closed Thread

Tags
response, villages, golf, hush, areas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.