Villages response to Covid 19 shameful

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukismom View Post
A good friend just quit their job as golf Ambassador. The reason, a co worker diagnosed with covid just died. They shared equipment, cart, phone etc. Villages response was to keep this hush, hush. No extra measures taken to sanitize common employee areas. Business as usual. Their location is not the only one to be affected but you will never hear about this in the news. Be careful playing on golf courses and practice areas. At least WAWA has the proper response after one of their employees tested positive.
Be responsible for your own safety. It's not up to the villages or anyone else to protect you. I wear a mask when necessary and carry around a small spray bottle of isopropyl alcohol. Doesn't matter what those around me do. I am careful what I touch and wash with alcohol afterward.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifred View Post
It would be nice if The Villages provided "proven facts" by listing out where in TV COVID-19 infections have occurred. The fact that they are not providing this information either in the Daily Sun or via a web site is suspect. I would like to see transparency with regard to Covid reporting. Then I could make an informed choice about how I pick and choose activities.
Proven facts?
Just because a person working for golf died from the virus does not mean it was contacted while working. Any number of other places. So, how is anybody able to list where the infection occurred?
Picking and choosing your activities has nothing to do with cases. Without contact tracing how would it be determined where the virus was contracted at a rec center or some other activity?
What information would you want published in the Daily Sun?
Your statements make no sense, since there is no logical way to do what you are asking.
Your safety is your responsibility......
Old 08-08-2020, 08:00 AM
Default You are wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
Wow what a ridiculous post. People die from a lot of things including the flu and other viral and bacterial infections. Covid is not a death sentence. It is not a stage four cancer diagnosis. It is 99% survivable the same as the flu. Yes people are going to die from it just like they do a lot of other things. Could we please stop totally overreacting to this!
The paranoia out there over this virus is just totally ridiculous.
Mr. Ledbone1,
You sir are part of the problem. I have a wife with stage 4 cancer with a suppressed immune system.
I also work daily on the front lines so I speak from experience. I see people who have covid with no symptoms. I see people who have severe symptoms and pass away. I also see people who recover and will have lasting neurological symptoms or heart & lung issues. People who have some pre existing issues are at a huge risk, especially from people like you who continue to look at this as “paranoia”.
It’s real, it needs to be contained, and with flu season around the corner deaths will rise significantly.
And just so you know, wherever you go, whatever you do, if the person next to you has not been careful, they could be infecting you. Even in your local ER waiiting room. I sincerely hope you change your way of thinking.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:05 AM

To those that posted they are responsible for cleaning, sanitizing, etc. the bathrooms and other areas on and around the golf courses and rec centers - I offer you a huge THANK YOU!!!!
Old 08-08-2020, 08:06 AM
Sage

Everyone who worked with the deceased was tested. Precautions were taken. God bless the family and friends of the deceased. He had many other health problems prior to getting the virus.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:09 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts
Default Covid 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukismom View Post
A good friend just quit their job as golf Ambassador. The reason, a co worker diagnosed with covid just died. They shared equipment, cart, phone etc. Villages response was to keep this hush, hush. No extra measures taken to sanitize common employee areas. Business as usual. Their location is not the only one to be affected but you will never hear about this in the news. Be careful playing on golf courses and practice areas. At least WAWA has the proper response after one of their employees tested positive.
OP, your friend is scared and I don’t blame him. It can be deadly especially for people our age. Don’t take some of the comments personally. Right or wrong everybody has a right to their opinion. Golfing in The Villages is about as safe as any Outdoor activity can possibly be but still it or any other activity Is not 100% safe. Prayers for the deceased family and friends. Fore.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:14 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifred View Post
It would be nice if The Villages provided "proven facts" by listing out where in TV COVID-19 infections have occurred. The fact that they are not providing this information either in the Daily Sun or via a web site is suspect. I would like to see transparency with regard to Covid reporting. Then I could make an informed choice about how I pick and choose activities.
Agree totally - I might be more apt to use the amenities I am not using now.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
Agree totally - I might be more apt to use the amenities I am not using now.
Because of HIPPA rules, sometimes they can’t give out specifics. “The grapevine “ always has the info and it gets out but then again it also gets distorted.

Last edited by yankygrl; 08-08-2020 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
Bye cause of HIPPA rules, sometimes they can’t give out specifics. “The grapevine “ always has the info and it gets out but then again it also gets distorted.
I was also thinking that about HIPPA.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Everyone who worked with the deceased was tested. Precautions were taken. God bless the family and friends of the deceased. He had many other health problems prior to getting the virus.
I’m more concerned with the chemicals they use on the courses then possibly getting COVID while I’m golfing. I have a group and no one else golfs with us at this time.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
So a worker at a Villages golf course caught Covid 19 and died and it is automatically the fault of the Villages staff and golf should have been the first thing shut down? Really? There is no mention of the health of the Ambassador that died. Was he overweight? On blood pressure meds? Have respiratory issues? Diabetic? He could have picked this up at any number of places. I work at Palmer as a cleaner. All the staff wear face masks and social distance. I keep the bathrooms spotless and disinfected, wiping down everything from the sinks, commode, tower dispensers to even the door handles, locks and flush handles on commode. I also mop the floors. Probably one of the safest places people can go. Stop jumping to conclusions without any evidence to back it up.

Thanks for a job well done! You’re one of the people we all count on to keep us safe, and I hope others who have the same job around the villages take it as seriously as you do! There are people who cut corners or miss things, not always purposefully. You are obviously one who recognizes the vital nature of what you do.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:33 AM

Thank you for your wonderful and diligent work efforts! 👍🏼
Old 08-08-2020, 08:33 AM

Exactly what Bogie Shooter said...what exactly should be published? How do we know the circumstances around this man's illness and death? How and where did he contract it? More importantly, if the employer knew he was positive, THEN they should have immediately responded by removing him from the workplace?! But, I'm quite certain they didn't know. To publish something like this would only cause hysteria, and lead to many questions(like I just asked).

As for the practices at the golf courses, I know first hand, that every reasonable step is taken to clean, sanitize, and distance ourselves. Like every other human event, not everyone does everything, like they're supposed to. But it's still very reasonable. I, too, recently resigned due to Covid. But it wasn't for fear of contracting. It was that the job was no longer enjoyable for me. I totally enjoyed being an Ambassador, and interacting with the people. When they took away the water jugs, then our water jugs, then the rakes, then asked us not to touch sand bottles. I was left with driving by(at a distance), and waving, while people were sweltering in the heat. I hope to go back, when things settle. Be safe, and let's pray this subsides and we get a vaccine.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhitecat View Post
Why?
Cause everything else was. Golfers are not special
Old 08-08-2020, 08:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member

All I can say is this. It's not the Developers fault. Ask yourself these questions you go to mail station how many people have touched your mail before you, you go to the market for groceries how many people have touched what your buying before you , you pay for something with cash or go to the ATM for cash how many people have touched that, was the dish or utensils washed at the proper temperature before you use them and was the server or kitchen person or fast food person changing gloves after each purchase? How long was it before masks were required and how few are still wearing them. Where does it end and how safe can you be? If your going to get it your going to get it. You do the best you can period. Hopefully someday it will be over! Ok I'm ready for the backlash.

Tags
response, villages, golf, hush, areas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.