Villages response to Covid 19 shameful

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2020, 01:47 PM

It’s an individual responsibility to protect yourself. We have to stop trusting others to the right thing.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:00 PM

In 1957 the usa was ravaged with covid 3. It was worse than the pandemic today. There were NO home confinement, no masks and no social distancing. The Jewish community in NY, NJ, CONN, and Mass protected their children by sending them to a camp in Maine. Today, generation after generation still send their young to that same camp in maine. People took responsibility for their own wellbeing, NOT TODAY!! Today people angrily demand that others protect them. If you are eager for others to tell you how to live your life well then "have at it" i choose to protect myself. Amen and God be with you.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottYvonne View Post
It’s an individual responsibility to protect yourself. We have to stop trusting others to the right thing.
You can NOT trust other people to do the RIGHT thing. That's why anarchy does NOT work and why people NEED Government. Granted that a government with a just, light touch is best.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:39 PM
Smile Covid 19

Your very welcome!!! and as Recreation Assistant we do our best to protect us and others.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
You can NOT trust other people to do the RIGHT thing. That's why anarchy does NOT work and why people NEED Government. Granted that a government with a just, light touch is best.
Very true. One of the worlds biggest lies is I am from the govt and here to help you
Old 08-08-2020, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukismom View Post
A good friend just quit their job as golf Ambassador. The reason, a co worker diagnosed with covid just died. They shared equipment, cart, phone etc. Villages response was to keep this hush, hush. No extra measures taken to sanitize common employee areas. Business as usual. Their location is not the only one to be affected but you will never hear about this in the news. Be careful playing on golf courses and practice areas. At least WAWA has the proper response after one of their employees tested positive.
In your defense, everyone is reading this wrong, The golf courses disinfect and some golfers practice social distancing. But when an employee is diagnosed it is reported to The Villages. Then in turn you would expect the coworkers to be told in case they came in contact with the person. They DO NOT. it is don't ask don't tell. There is no concern for the safety of the rest of the employees. How do I know ? I work for them
Old 08-08-2020, 03:45 PM

I don't believe it until I read it in the on line news that we are not allowed to mention here.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:20 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

It not just The Villages it’s the whole state of Florida is in denial, we are a success story back up to over 8000 positives.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
It not just The Villages it’s the whole state of Florida is in denial, we are a success story back up to over 8000 positives.
Truth to that .
Old 08-08-2020, 05:37 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
So a worker at a Villages golf course caught Covid 19 and died and it is automatically the fault of the Villages staff and golf should have been the first thing shut down? Really? There is no mention of the health of the Ambassador that died. Was he overweight? On blood pressure meds? Have respiratory issues? Diabetic? He could have picked this up at any number of places. I work at Palmer as a cleaner. All the staff wear face masks and social distance. I keep the bathrooms spotless and disinfected, wiping down everything from the sinks, commode, tower dispensers to even the door handles, locks and flush handles on commode. I also mop the floors. Probably one of the safest places people can go. Stop jumping to conclusions without any evidence to back it up.
In the past few months playing golf during this pandemic I've seen the villages do everything they can to play safe golf to allowing the employees to work or not. Keeping the bathrooms clean and posting reminders to sanitize, distance, and mask. I feel sorry to hear of someone's loss but no one here knows where the unfortunate contact was made.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:27 PM

I also heard one of the managers came down with COVID. When he wanted to send out an email to the staff to let them know, upper management told him NO. They didn’t want anyone to know.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Contact tracing would take care of the manager. But if I was the person who came down with Covid do you really think I would be asking for permission who to tell? Seriously?
Old 08-08-2020, 08:27 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

It always amazes me what people expect from The Developer.
As of today there are 1284 confirmed cases in Sumter County. Do any of these people work? Where? Where do they shop? Have they gone out to dinner?
I have a friend who was quarantined because she worked with someone who tested positive. She works at a business on Villages property. SHE doesn't even know who the person was who tested positive! I've been in this store. There is no notice as I walk in that someone who works there tested positive for COVID.
Have you walked into any store that posted they have an employee that tested positive?
Yet you expect The Developer to tell you about all the positive cases in The Villages.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talleyjm View Post
Does anyone know exactly HOW MANY VILLAGERS HAVE DIED FROM COVID? Keep seeing the names of the same two women but I know there have been more than two deaths from the virus. What happened to the male pickel ball player who was hospitalized? Why isn’t anyone interested in the number of deaths?
If you look on the Florida COVID website and the three zip codes, you get a good idea.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:13 PM

So sad for the person that got infected. But we are adults, if I was still working during these times, i do believe I would be taking my own precautions as well as what ever the company had in place or didn’t. We all have access to hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes etc. before using phone or cart, wipe steering wheel, keys, etc down, if in office, wear a mask and wipe phone off, use my own marker and pencil, etc. I wouldn’t take it for granted that everyone else was careful. Be responsible for your own self. When you go shopping, do you trust that the cart has been wiped down, NO. Do it yourself. It you do pickup for groceries, do you wash your hands after unbanning things in case the person that put everything in your trunk is sick? Pumping gas? Wear disposable gloves or paper towels to handle equipment and my biggest pet peace, the touch screens every where.... gas pumps, check out, ATM, food ordering, .... do you wipe them down? Wash afterwards before you touch your face? Please stop blaming The Villages for everything. We are all in this together but YOU are responsible for you. Please be safe everyone. Condolences to to families of all those infected.
Closed Thread

Tags
response, villages, golf, hush, areas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.