Villages Sales vs. Realtor

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2020, 06:42 AM

Keeping 1/2 of a $1000 deposit doesn't sound right to me - I think that is not accurate. VLS agents take you to new homes because their commission is larger 1.5% vs 1% for used homes. Plus they do not show you comps like MLS agents do. In TV people pay whatever they want as it's a lot of cash buyers so the home doesn't have to appraise for a bank. One of the courtyard villas I bought in TV on the same street a few doors apart, same size, same model, in one years time.....$195k, 236k, 217k. Mine was the 195k fully furnished - the 236k and the 217k unfurnished, white walls. These were purchased within a 4 month time frame all from VLS agents.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:42 AM
Sage

One issue I thought of is how the TV brokers dominate the ads in the Sun newspaper,
how can a MLS agent afford those ads when they work independently.

Secondly, When a new buyer arrives here aren't they automatically going to the TV broker

I listing my home soon but torn who to use (new build due to complete late Sept)

Old 07-09-2020, 06:48 AM

Which realtor gave you a 5% rate?
Old 07-09-2020, 06:53 AM

I listed my mother's house when she passed with a Villages realtor...house located north of 466. Couldn't get anybody to come look. Villages Realtors are very focused on selling new houses. When that expired I listed it with an MLS agent at Realty Executives and it sold. Happy with the experience. I agree with those here talking about getting an agent with heavy presence in the digital technology world so interviewing agents is important.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine701 View Post
Looking to list our house for sale in Fernandina. Has anyone used The Villages realtor to sell house and if so why? Villages wants 6% vs. 5% for outside realtor. Any suggestions would be helpful.
They charge 6% and they do not work for you. They tell you to pay the buyers fees like title ins which is not true and they are not on MLS.
Do not trust them. Sell yourself on Zillow.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM0614 View Post
They charge 6% and they do not work for you. They tell you to pay the buyers fees like title ins which is not true and they are not on MLS.
Do not trust them. Sell yourself on Zillow.
If I see a FSBO house, I expect the price to be less. If they are not paying any realtor fees I expect to get part of that savings.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:27 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1701 View Post
If I see a FSBO house, I expect the price to be less. If they are not paying any realtor fees I expect to get part of that savings.
I had someone approach me with this same logic. Didn't even acknowledge them. Sold it five days later.

My efforts to market my home are my costs which I expect to be paid for. If a realtor has these costs I pay them. In other words the home has a value of X and it doesn't matter who sells it.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:45 AM

The village real estate agents do not belong MLS or to the Fl State Board fo Realtors, so they can not be called realtors. They are agents. You have to comply with a list of standards to belong to the board and be called a realtor.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:51 AM

I would go with MLS. You have national coverage and less fees. They work equally as hard to sell.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:56 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,611 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
When I first moved here, the first Village realtor kept trying to sell me her spec house under construction which I felt was unethical. As many times as I told her what I wanted, she did not listen.
I had the same experience with the first Villages agent I contacted. He evaded showing me anything but spec houses.

BTW, Villages agents are not Realtors so are not held to Realtor code of ethics.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 07-09-2020, 09:03 AM

If we were selling, I would try FSBO on Zillow and then list it with an MLS agent if it didn’t sell.

Villages sales agents are highly incentivized to sell new homes over pre-owned so they are steering all their clients away from your home.

And so many people use online sites like Zillow these days for their search, you lose all that when you list with the Villages.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:20 AM

Have sold 2 homes using the Villages. Interview as many as you need to to find an aggressive one. We signed a 90 day contract each time with the same realtor, Donna Zimmerman. First home sold in 3 weeks, second one sold in 1 day. We did our own comps and went higher than what realtor suggested and both sold for higher prices. Do your homework. We would use the Villages again.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:23 AM
Send a message via AIM to Emmakrock@yahoo.com

They are sales agent working for the villages not licensed realtor
Old 07-09-2020, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

When we rented last Summer we had no idea as to the difference between the two and saw both types and liked the MLS people better.

We wanted to buy end of last year and saw MLS ones for sale and they didnt have what we wanted so called Village people and he showed us other houses including the one we purchased.

Think it depends on the agent you work with.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:47 AM

I think using TV agents are the safest bet. We had great luck. There is a reason they have the largest volume of sales. We have bought 3 times and sold 2 homes in TV and every agent we had was excellent and the process went smoothly. If you list your TV home for sale with the same agent you're buying the next home with, you get a discount on the commission. Ashley Enos is wonderful and was amazing to work with. She found our dream home with our parameters within a day and sold our previous home for more than we expected.
My parents also bought and sold 2 resale homes in TV through TV. The one time they listed with an outside MLS realtor (father thought he could save a few bucks,) the house sat for 90 days with few showings. I convinced them to not renew the listing and listed with TV and the house sold in a couple weeks! It's a no brainer for me.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, realtor, house, suggestions, sell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.