Villages sites down?

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2016, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckandBernice
I just got off the phone with tech support and yes, they are having a problem. BUT, here is a work-around.
Go to the control panel, choose network and sharing, change adapter settings, choose your connection method, right click to get to properties, select internet protocol 4, then properties, preferred DNS server and enter 8.8.8.8 and the alternate DNS server 8.8.4.4
I do not want to take credit for this, but on another thread 'ChuckandBernice' posted this comment. I have tried this fix and it corrects all the villages website problems and actually speeded up my computer. Just take your time and follow the directions that he has written above.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I do not want to take credit for this, but on another thread 'ChuckandBernice' posted this comment. I have tried this fix and it corrects all the villages website problems and actually speeded up my computer. Just take your time and follow the directions that he has written above.
It works! Thanks for the post.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Thanks, also. It works on the laptop, again. Turned Wi-Fi off earlier on the phone to get tee time for men's day tomorrow.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Has anyone tried thevillages.com, thevillages.net, or golfthevillages.com this AM. All are unreachable and cannot even ping them from a command line.
I'm also getting a response that server is not found. Tried on 2 different computers, and iphone. My neighbor is also unable to reach site.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:18 PM
Default villages.net

Cannot get villages.net either.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:32 PM

I did the ChuckandBernice fix and it solved the problem, so I now have access to villages.net. Here was their fix: Originally posted by ChuckandBernice
I just got off the phone with tech support and yes, they are having a problem. BUT, here is a work-around.
Go to the control panel, choose network and sharing, change adapter settings, choose your connection method, right click to get to properties, select internet protocol 4, then properties, preferred DNS server and enter 8.8.8.8 and the alternate DNS server 8.8.4.4
Old 09-12-2016, 09:47 PM

Another work around is to just turn off the wi-fi on your smart phone and bypass Century Link. If you want to use your computer, turn on your phone hot spot and connect to it. Works fine.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
It took me awhile to adapt the instructions for a MAC but I did and can now access the site. Thanks for the help.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 09-13-2016, 07:55 AM
Angry Villages.net down since yesterday

Their phone message states they are aware of problem and heavy incoming call volume. Instruct caller to call CenturyLink. CenturyLink informed me problem was with Villages.net server whom is trying to fix. CenturyLink was informed that estimated time for fix is end of day today.
I have been without email or golf access since yesterday morning
Old 09-13-2016, 08:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,042 Times in 369 Posts

I can now access the websites using my tablet. Last night I could not. Hopefully the problem is fixed for everyone.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I'm on now with my desktop. CenturyLink tends to blame others for their shortcomings.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:47 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I love my Comcast. did not have any interruption with my tee time website yesterday. My neighbor told me when we played golf today that the tee time website was down all day . told him not on my computer

We are all victims to today's technology
Old 09-20-2016, 07:14 PM

i have brighthouse and I cant access. tried Coming Soon and I got COMING SOON THE VILLAGES. Turned off the wifi and I went to a site said UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Old 09-20-2016, 10:26 PM

I have Brighthouse too and haven't been able to access it since this morning. Still down for me.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Worked immediately and correctly for me just now.

I like this house a lot;
The Villages - Search for New, Pre-owned Homes and Villas in The Villages, Florida

BUT the interior décor is lousy looking. Not what we used to see at all. It is not at all well done.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-21-2016 at 07:36 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
unreachable, ping, line, command, sites

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.