The Villages is thinking BIG

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2020, 11:52 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
Very sad that more and more of Florida's "wild and open spaces" is given to building. Hence wild life killing.. OMG a gator in my yard.... kill it. Snakes... kill it...... Less and lees bird life. It has to end. If it continues the airport van to Orlando will no longer be needed.. you can take your golf cart

A case of "I've got mine, so no more."
Old 08-01-2020, 11:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonerboy View Post
With many of the original Brownwood commercial and retail buildings still sitting empty, as well as the newly built empty commercial buildings, I wonder just how and who the developers are going to get to occupy the newly planned commerce areas. And where are the workers who are needed to staff such enterprises going to come from?
Build it and they shall come!
Old 08-01-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Very sad that more and more of Florida's "wild and open spaces" is given to building. Hence wild life killing.. OMG a gator in my yard.... kill it. Snakes... kill it...... Less and lees bird life. It has to end. If it continues the airport van to Orlando will no longer be needed.. you can take your golf cart
TV has acres and acres of open spaces, preserves,nature walking/ biking trails and conservation land. Unlike other developers who stripped everything. Example Beaumont. Not sad at all, they have done a superb job. Thank you Morse family!!!

Last edited by Kilmacowen; 08-01-2020 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:54 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
What "wild and open spaces" are you referring to? Most of TV has been built on former watermelon fields and cow pastures. Nearly everything south of 44 is or was cow pasture. Have you been down here to look around? There is a lot of area that has been left for wildlife preserves. Where are new people who want to live in TV supposed to build their home? Your home was built on "wild and open" space was it not?
Old 08-01-2020, 02:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
If the D would just repair the Sinkholes and Dry Lakes in the Villages, I would be happy. The developer has abandoned the Northern areas of the Villages. Specificaly the condemned sinkhole homes in District 4, and the DRY LAKES in Districts 2 and 4.

I suppose there is no guarantee against SINKHOLES OR DRY LAKES in the newer Villages either! Google the following for examples:
"sinkhole at 733 Winifred Way" and "sinkhole at 17092 McLawren Terrace"�and "sinkhole at 2536 Botello Ave", there are more, but you get the idea, watch out for those waterfront views.
This thread is about the new and exciting additions to our community. Too bad someone had to jump in there with an off-topic downer comment.

The developer does not own the land where the sinkholes and dry lakes have appeared. That is why they are not going to fix them.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeint View Post
As the area North of 44 continues to wither away the developer may try to sell it off to another community like On Top Of The Wrold. With all the new amenities South I wonder if real estate values will decline North of 44
At your age, why worry about property values? At any rate any disparity in rates between north and south is mostly due to age of properties.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Would you prefer no growth which would result in higher taxes to maintain infrastructure and services?

At any rate, how much preserved land is enough? Currently, in the U.S. there is approximately an acre of preserved land for every man, woman and child (over 320,000,000 acres). This does not take into consideration nearly a billion acres of farmland which also contributes to the quality of life of animals as well as humans.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

The developer has built a better mousetrap as we say and as a result more and more people want to come here.

Only here about 6 months and understand why so many live here and want to come in future.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:55 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

They are also very generous with the number of manmade ponds down here which really help the bird and reptile population, they haven't suffered from all the building going on, it's great to wake up to all of this nature.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
They are also very generous with the number of manmade ponds down here which really help the bird and reptile population, they haven't suffered from all the building going on, it's great to wake up to all of this nature.
We are newbies and love taking a walk and see wildlife.

People have said that with all of the building here wildlife is a shell of its former self.

Wonder if that is really true?
Old 08-01-2020, 05:11 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
We are newbies and love taking a walk and see wildlife.

People have said that with all of the building here wildlife is a shell of its former self.

Wonder if that is really true?
There is so much land here that is and will be untouched that the habitat will have no problem thriving. In addition TV has added so much more water for irrigation and flood control that there are even more areas for the creatures that live in and around water.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:53 PM
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley from UK View Post
I am so excited about the new areas being added. I think the family have listened to and are adapting to not only the older FROGS but to the new wavers that will be coming in the future. I have read here a decline in golf - but we have seen a massive increase in running, cycling and even triathlons - It is with very much interest that i see the new running tracks and athletic stadium being built capable of hosting the World Senior Games. A 1+Km lake for sports events, this is truly inspiring. I looked with much interest at the plans for a world leading hospital facility and wondered.... WHat if the Morse family were to add some villages specifically designed to cater for disabled people - and here I am thinking our vets (OK your I'm British), A community dedicated to younger people who can live work and have access to facilities becoming of the young who have fought and lost limbs to keep our combined nations (because Brits and Americans are after all) brothers\sisters). With world class sporting and hospital facilities, plus the huge number of abled Vets living in TV, this would be a great place for these brave, corragous, but unfortunate few.
I would love the Morses to reach out to (ex-Prince) Harry and the Invictus Games, wouldn't that be a major coup for the Morse Family if they could team up with Harry and Megan and create the worlds first dedicated village \ community to say thank you and to give hope for the few that the many of us owe so much to?

I was also interested by an area in the Family Support District. Its around 2.5km long, narrow, dead straight, and at the right end has a wider area, shaded in purple (marked as utilities)....Could that be a runway and Villages private (international) airport?
Please don't get Harry and Meghan involved in The Villages - in any way. Please! I'm praying that when their one year review comes up, they will figure out what failures they've been since they left England and go back. I'm a 30 year military retiree (US) and Harry may have done well with the military before 2018, but please don't foist them and their agenda/failed foundation of the week (Invictus not a failure) on us.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:29 PM

Imagine having enough money and land to play SimCity in real life. That’s where the Morse family is. It is exciting to me that the Morses are thinking beyond a retirement community and looking at how to make a great place out of all the land they’ve acquired. But it is a big risk if they get the balance wrong.

I wonder how much the prison & concrete plant will impact value and people’s desire to move in.

I can understand the locals being angered that all these old people are invading and destroying their rural lifestyle.

We are 2-3 years from moving to TV and this reveal gives us a lot of info on where we might like to move. We were concerned about a new town square and this “urban core” and other facilities put those fears to rest.

Trying to create a world-class medical research park is very ambitious but seems smart. I hope they can attract the talent to “the middle of nowhere” FL. Fancy doctors and other professionals like things like beaches, professional sports teams, orchestras & theaters, marinas, and such. Maybe the new golf courses will be open to employees and high-end enough to attract talent.

That other paper had a big editorial with comments about how this reveal was timed to influence the local elections. Seems overly cynical to me.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
Imagine having enough money and land to play SimCity in real life. That’s where the Morse family is. It is exciting to me that the Morses are thinking beyond a retirement community and looking at how to make a great place out of all the land they’ve acquired. But it is a big risk if they get the balance wrong.

I wonder how much the prison & concrete plant will impact value and people’s desire to move in.

I can understand the locals being angered that all these old people are invading and destroying their rural lifestyle.

We are 2-3 years from moving to TV and this reveal gives us a lot of info on where we might like to move. We were concerned about a new town square and this “urban core” and other facilities put those fears to rest.

Trying to create a world-class medical research park is very ambitious but seems smart. I hope they can attract the talent to “the middle of nowhere” FL. Fancy doctors and other professionals like things like beaches, professional sports teams, orchestras & theaters, marinas, and such. Maybe the new golf courses will be open to employees and high-end enough to attract talent.

That other paper had a big editorial with comments about how this reveal was timed to influence the local elections. Seems overly cynical to me.
Keep in mind that the other paper is anti-Villages and will always take the other side, right or wrong. I agree, political is a stretch but not unexpected.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-11-2020, 09:28 PM
John41

LOL it sure is a dream. What did P T Barnum say?
Closed Thread

Tags
complex, picture, peak, big, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.