The Villages is thinking BIG

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2020, 07:04 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts
Default The Villages is thinking BIG

Today's Daily Sun gave us a peak into the grand plan of what is ahead for The Villages. Interesting and exciting to say the least.

For those who don't get the paper, here's some of the highlights:
2 Championship golf courses - 18 & 27 holes
The Urban Core - Town square (a little different design than previous) that matches my prediction of location from 16 months ago The 4th Town Square Location
The Lifestyle Center - A super regional sports/entertainment/recreation complex
Another pitch and putt
A second school campus for K-12
Family Support District - residential area for families
Wellness Village - A 400 acre medical complex
Several more commercial areas
The realignment of CR470 that takes much of the issues of Colmen prison out of the picture.

It's a peak of the big picture to come in the near future.

Looks like I'll have plenty of things to keep me flying for the next few years.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 07-31-2020, 07:06 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,773 Times in 3,641 Posts

Thanks for the highlights fly-over.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Continuing The Dream

Can be read here:

The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Active Adult 55+ Retirement Community
Old 07-31-2020, 07:27 AM

Don, Thanks for the information. A lot of great things to come it seems.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Read the article....very obvious that 'The Family' really has been and continues to think about what they can do for everyone else...it's not about them lining their pockets with money, as some of the 'glass-half-empty' nay-sayers comment from time to time.

They're living their dream and it's like an incoming tide...all boats are lifted...everyone is benefiting as a result of their vision and commitment.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:47 AM
Location: California, Massachusetts, California, Virginia, Morocco, Massachusetts, Buttonwood

If you look at the supplement again, see the third page, the one marked with the "2" in the upper right hand corner. The last paragraph states:
" As we look to create destinations for residents to enjoy, plans also include the addition of five championship golf courses...."

I'm guessing that will put to rest the idea that there won't be any champ courses down south.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:06 AM

With many of the original Brownwood commercial and retail buildings still sitting empty, as well as the newly built empty commercial buildings, I wonder just how and who the developers are going to get to occupy the newly planned commerce areas. And where are the workers who are needed to staff such enterprises going to come from?
Old 07-31-2020, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Really am stoked about the total of 63 new championship holes that will be down there!!
Old 07-31-2020, 08:19 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Approximate timeline would have been good. Maybe I'll be here to see TV connect to Orlando and Tampa.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

They are running an incredible operation
Old 07-31-2020, 08:24 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

we moved to TV in 2014, building our home in Gilchrist. The day in late 2013 when we chose our lot, our TV sales rep called us to say that night - they had an all-hands sales meeting. From that point all homes built would be Spec-only homes. We were the last ones to be able to design & mod our house (at that time) - "BUILD-OUT" was not official, but out there. Any thought of South of Rt 44 building was not publicized at all.

We all know what happened after. Personally we are pleased with the continual expansion of The Villages. As long as there is a Market, more the merrier.

Coming back from Orlando this week, the TV building around the south Turnpike is amazing, and the bridge close to installation across the 'pike.

Good for "the Developers". They are critized by some residents, but as for us - continue to provide a bit of Paradise for anyone who desires a place here.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:35 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
we moved to TV in 2014, building our home in Gilchrist. The day in late 2013 when we chose our lot, our TV sales rep called us to say that night - they had an all-hands sales meeting. From that point all homes built would be Spec-only homes. We were the last ones to be able to design & mod our house (at that time) - "BUILD-OUT" was not official, but out there. Any thought of South of Rt 44 building was not publicized at all.

We all know what happened after. Personally we are pleased with the continual expansion of The Villages. As long as there is a Market, more the merrier.

Coming back from Orlando this week, the TV building around the south Turnpike is amazing, and the bridge close to installation across the 'pike.

Good for "the Developers". They are critized by some residents, but as for us - continue to provide a bit of Paradise for anyone who desires a place here.
Perfect. I like your style.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:36 AM
Sage

Interesting plans for the future...the only constant is change. It will be exciting to see it unfold. Been here since 2006, so, have seen a lot of change....mostly for the good.

The Charter High School plan wasn't totally clear....will this be a second campus or will the new campus be in lieu of the one of 466? I wonder how they will decide which students attend which campus.

As far as 5 new championship golf courses....I interpreted this to mean 5 new 9's...18 holes at one course location and 27 at another. I don't think it will be 5 new locations. Semantics.

Hang on and enjoy the ride!!!
Old 07-31-2020, 08:53 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
Interesting plans for the future...the only constant is change. It will be exciting to see it unfold. Been here since 2006, so, have seen a lot of change....mostly for the good.

The Charter High School plan wasn't totally clear....will this be a second campus or will the new campus be in lieu of the one of 466? I wonder how they will decide which students attend which campus.

As far as 5 new championship golf courses....I interpreted this to mean 5 new 9's...18 holes at one course location and 27 at another. I don't think it will be 5 new locations. Semantics.

Hang on and enjoy the ride!!!
I agree with the 5 9's, that's the way I saw it too in the newspaper.

The schools may be driven by where people work, right now if you work at the Fenney restaurant or some other place "down south", it's a 45 min drive each way to drop the kids off at school, twice a day. Not very tenable for most.

This is just the tip of the iceberg; don't forget they have 3-4 times as much land under contract south of CR470 than what is shown for planned development north of 470/south of the turnpike.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 07-31-2020, 09:00 AM
Gold member

Their not sitting empty. They just built more because of the need for more space.
Closed Thread

Tags
complex, picture, peak, big, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.