The Villages is thinking BIG

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2020, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

5 new homes in villages in 20 years starting in Springdale and now in Fenney , the family has never disappointed me at any of my stops , each place was great for different reasons . At 81 I’m excited for all the new additions, but not surprised, the family is always about moving forward , and at 81 I’m ready to move with them . I do wish they would add an Armani or Hugo Boss store so I wouldn’t have to drive to Orlando lol
Old 07-31-2020, 09:10 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

Exciting times down here, slowly but surely promises are being kept and so much more. Once this virus is taken care of I think we will see more retail and restaurants in Paddock Square as well as south of 44.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:15 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

when we moved to TV in 2014, we considered ourselves 'frogs' - will croak here. At 72 now, apparently the Morse family will continue building new 'lillypads' for tadpoles well after our final.....
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	download (12).jpeg
Views:	1511
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	85547  
Old 07-31-2020, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonerboy View Post
With many of the original Brownwood commercial and retail buildings still sitting empty, as well as the newly built empty commercial buildings, I wonder just how and who the developers are going to get to occupy the newly planned commerce areas. And where are the workers who are needed to staff such enterprises going to come from?
Have you looked around TV? Apartment complex's are being built right now. Do you think those investors have not determined the need for the influx of new workers? Until Florida's unemployment rate is at zero the new workers will come....
Old 07-31-2020, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
Their not sitting empty. They just built more because of the need for more space.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,349 Times in 2,505 Posts

All things come to those who wait!!
Old 07-31-2020, 12:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,011 Times in 5,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Have you looked around TV? Apartment complex's are being built right now. Do you think those investors have not determined the need for the influx of new workers? Until Florida's unemployment rate is at zero the new workers will come....
These people would not be building new retail and commercial space if they were not reasonably sure they cold find people to rent them.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:42 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

All I can say is WOW!! More justification for our moving to TV in 2016. Can't wait for all this new stuff to get under construction.
Old 07-31-2020, 02:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,027 Times in 2,726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
Interesting plans for the future...the only constant is change. It will be exciting to see it unfold. Been here since 2006, so, have seen a lot of change....mostly for the good.

The Charter High School plan wasn't totally clear....will this be a second campus or will the new campus be in lieu of the one of 466? I wonder how they will decide which students attend which campus.

As far as 5 new championship golf courses....I interpreted this to mean 5 new 9's...18 holes at one course location and 27 at another. I don't think it will be 5 new locations. Semantics.

Hang on and enjoy the ride!!!
I think you are on to something, although that is pretty lame logic. Using that logic there are 34 championship golf courses north of 44 ((10 x 3)+(2 X 2)). By my logic, there are 12.
Old 07-31-2020, 02:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,011 Times in 5,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
All I can say is WOW!! More justification for our moving to TV in 2016. Can't wait for all this new stuff to get under construction.
I wold say cant wait for it to open
Old 07-31-2020, 02:27 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I think you are on to something, although that is pretty lame logic. Using that logic there are 34 championship golf courses north of 44 ((10 x 3)+(2 X 2)). By my logic, there are 12.
I agree with your math and I admit it seem lame but seems the only explanation. They show an 18 and a 27 on the map. If that were only 2 of the 5 then that means only 3 south of CR470 which is an area 3-4 times the size of the area shown in the paper to be developed in the near future. That would make for some slim pickings. If they call a 9 a championship course then 5 sounds a lot better than 2 for advertising.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 07-31-2020, 02:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonerboy View Post
With many of the original Brownwood commercial and retail buildings still sitting empty, as well as the newly built empty commercial buildings, I wonder just how and who the developers are going to get to occupy the newly planned commerce areas. And where are the workers who are needed to staff such enterprises going to come from?
I think you will see that the strategy is changing from a retirement community and service jobs to an industrial, medical, educational, family accessible community. That will allow recruitment for career focused young'uns from across the Country. I suspect The Villages will be attending college career days and recruiting. It's an exciting time and a great vision. This will not be your daddy's Villages

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-31-2020, 03:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Don't know if this was posted..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 07-31-2020, 04:31 PM
Default Sinkholes not mentioned

If the D would just repair the Sinkholes and Dry Lakes in the Villages, I would be happy. The developer has abandoned the Northern areas of the Villages. Specificaly the condemned sinkhole homes in District 4, and the DRY LAKES in Districts 2 and 4.

I suppose there is no guarantee against SINKHOLES OR DRY LAKES in the newer Villages either! Google the following for examples:
"sinkhole at 733 Winifred Way" and "sinkhole at 17092 McLawren Terrace"�and "sinkhole at 2536 Botello Ave", there are more, but you get the idea, watch out for those waterfront views.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:53 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
If the D would just repair the Sinkholes and Dry Lakes in the Villages, I would be happy. The developer has abandoned the Northern areas of the Villages. Specificaly the condemned sinkhole homes in District 4, and the DRY LAKES in Districts 2 and 4.

I suppose there is no guarantee against SINKHOLES OR DRY LAKES in the newer Villages either! Google the following for examples:
"sinkhole at 733 Winifred Way" and "sinkhole at 17092 McLawren Terrace"�and "sinkhole at 2536 Botello Ave", there are more, but you get the idea, watch out for those waterfront views.
We used to live in middle Tennessee and sink holes are a big problem there. Contractors drill into the ground in new subdivisions trying to identify where sink holes might appear but the success hasn't all that good. Sink holes happen all the time, it's a nature thing just like hurricanes and tornados. We had lived in our home for over 25 years and then one night a sink hole opened up about 20 feet from our property line in our back yard. It was up to the land owner to fill in the sink hole as it is their property, I would imagine it is the same here.
Closed Thread

Tags
complex, picture, peak, big, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.