Villages traffic gates

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2021, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Effectiveness of using the cart through glass depends on how close you are willing to get to the scanner. The scanners have limited range so you need to be relatively close. You also need to look at the scanner since a couple of them are at a different height but that is the exception. I hold the card at the the glass and let the car creep, I can hear the beep when it's read but by creeping I don't need to be that accurate

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-10-2021, 10:04 AM

I burned out a window motor after a few years in my Toyota Sienna, so we use visitors where ever they are located
Old 01-10-2021, 10:14 AM
Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by lholmes View Post
Can someone explain why you should go through the resident gate instead of the visitors gate if you live in the villages. The visitors side automatically raises up when you pull up to the gate.When you go to the resident side you have to roll the window down and scan your ID card.
When going in no gate automatically raise to let you in, wrong!
Use whatever you want.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
Yes, especially in the rain.
I have discovered you can keep your windows up and simply place the card right up against the window, as long as you are close enough to the scanner, and the gate will rise up. Sometimes, you just have to slide the card around to pass the eye of the scanner. I do this when it is cold, really hot, or raining. I also do not want to ruin the motor for the window.

Also, ......... it has occurred to me that the visitor line (if there's a line), goes faster - which is nice for the visitor but if the resident is in a hurry - it can be slightly annoying, Not really a huge deal, in my opinion. I was away from TV for 8 yrs for work and I've been back now, IM A FROG, for 1.5 yrs. and I notice the gate guards are pretty stoic sometimes, barely smile, barely step into the doorway of the shack. Just an observation. Most are eager to talk and chat and smile/wave.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:56 AM

You have to push the red button to get through on the visitor’s side unless there is an attendant.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:10 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I use the resident's gate because I'm a resident. I don't know about other people's pass cards but I've never had to roll down my window to get my card to work.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Can someone explain why you should go through the resident gate instead of the visitors gate if you live in the villages. The visitors side automatically raises up when you pull up to the gate.When you go to the resident side you have to roll the window down and scan your ID card.
As a resident I would use the Visitor gate about as much as the residents gate. Sometimes there would be 5 cars lined up to go thru the residents gate & nobody going thru the visitors gate. Makes sense to me!
Old 01-10-2021, 12:00 PM

Back in the day, when the gates automatically opened because of construction, we had friends coming. I told them to drive up to the residence only gate and that I’d programmed their license number in so the gate would open automatically for them.
They were puzzled as to how our system knew their license plate number.
😊
Old 01-10-2021, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Not all of the visitor gates go up automatically. Only those that are placed into construction mode. So if you're in Hawkins, Chitty Chatty, Bradford etc, those do. Most require the button or a card.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, visitors, gate, resident, side

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.