Villas and barking dogs

Villas and barking dogs

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 08-23-2019, 05:59 AM
Veteran member

Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina /One Retired in Duval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I feel bad for dogs that bark regularly. They're trying to tell their owner something. Or their neighbor. But no one's listening. Maybe it's just "hey I'm here I hate being left here alone come keep me company!" or maybe "I have major anxiety when I'm left alone I think I'm having a heart attack!" or maybe "there's a dead guy in the pool someone come take a look!"
Timmy is in the well

Old 08-23-2019, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
You post concerned me, so I went back and re-read the covenant which states clearly that each owner is responsible to ensure they don't interfere with their neighbors "enjoyment" of their property. It then further clarifies the meaning by stating that "noise" shall be no more than "moderate" between 10 PM and 1 hour before sun rise.

There is no mention of restricting dog barking, and no definition of "moderate". So, I guess from what I can see there is no limit on dog barking during the day and up to 10 PM at night. Some third party would have to decide if a dog barking is preventing someone else from enjoying their property, and if our actions to control and moderate the dog barking is insufficient.

Personally, I find the sizzling of a neighbors bbq grills to be quite offensive and disruptive of my enjoying a vegan meal in my lanai...

I think we all need to get along, and anyone purchasing a CYV that does not like dogs or dog barking would have to explain to an arbitrator why they bought there knowing there was going to be dogs, and the dogs are going to be barking, when the CYVs are sold as the solution to seniors that want dogs that bark.
Sounds like your going to fit in, Good Luck in your new neighborhood.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2019, 08:16 AM

yes! owners have to take the time to figure out what our dogs are trying to tell us. all they usually get is "quiet" or "shut up" our furbabies deserve better.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
You are allowed 3 dogs and they are grandfathered in but when one passes away you cannot replace that third dog.
You are correct.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Patents 111, you sound like a responsible dog owner, therefore should have no problems.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:58 AM
Sage

Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle

Bottom line if you have a barking dog (or dogs) you have to decide who/what is more important - your neighbors or you and your dogs. If you have this problem, you could have the best of both worlds if you get your dogs training. Just a thought. It matters little what is legal, fighting and fussing with neighbors can make your life miserable.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Bottom line if you have a barking dog (or dogs) you have to decide who/what is more important - your neighbors or you and your dogs. If you have this problem, you could have the best of both worlds if you get your dogs training. Just a thought. It matters little what is legal, fighting and fussing with neighbors can make your life miserable.
Agreed
Old 08-23-2019, 09:42 AM

We used a bark control device for our dog. It sends out a high frequency, inaudible to humans, 2 second sound. Doesn't hurt the dogs and they learn quickly not to bark. You can get one on Amazon for inside or outside the house. The outside device is the one we had...looks like a birdhouse and is about 30 dollars. Good luck with your move. You will love living life in the villages...once you get used to not being in the country any longer.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:50 AM
Gold member

We have an older lab that for the most part is very quite. However, every Diesel engine truck that comes down the street will set her off. When she is out she might bark at those evil squirrels. Oh, the dog also barks at our neighbor so she will come over and give a belly rub. (To the dog)
Old 08-23-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
We have an older lab that for the most part is very quite. However, every Diesel engine truck that comes down the street will set her off. When she is out she might bark at those evil squirrels. Oh, the dog also barks at our neighbor so she will come over and give a belly rub. (To the dog������)
Sounds like Oh Rion, our 10 year older yellow Lab.

Tags
owners, dogs, walls, dog, villas