Villas-Key, Savannah, Bungalow

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-04-2011, 06:17 PM
gcrisp gcrisp is offline
Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Corydon, IN
Posts: 55
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Villas-Key, Savannah, Bungalow

I noticed that there are new bungalows being built in the villa section. There are no pictures only floor plans. They seem to be similiar to the keys and savannahs floor plans. Can anyone tell me the difference?
  #2  
Old 06-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Opulence's Avatar
Opulence Opulence is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Originally from PA, lived in South Jersey & presently in VA
Posts: 224
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default new bungalows

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrisp View Post
I noticed that there are new bungalows being built in the villa section. There are no pictures only floor plans. They seem to be similiar to the keys and savannahs floor plans. Can anyone tell me the difference?
Basically, it's just a name change. The Savannah's will now be called the Bungalows. Each of the models have been given different names, but they floor plans have changed little. Trey ceilings have been added to some of them & slight elevation changes. Hope this helps answer your question.


Betty
__________________
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like nobody's watching . . . . . .
  #3  
Old 06-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Skybo Skybo is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Villages
Posts: 664
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

We just put a contract on an Arlington (Bungalow version of a Grantham). The floor plan of the Arlington is basically the same as the Grantham, but there are some changes, most notably:

Larger total square footage, smaller living area footage.
Larger garage.
The laundry room has been turned 90 degrees and now has a pocket door going into the dining area.
Larger foyer.
The two guest rooms are smaller. Lost one window in the front guest room and the shape changed. This also changed the shape of the front entry.
The dining area is smaller. Also lost a window in the dining area and the shape changed.
Tray ceilings in the master and the back guest room.

I think thats about it. Im happy with most of the changes in the Arlington, especially the larger garage. I also like the layout of the laundry room better. I dont like the dining area and front guest room as well. The loss of the windows and the changes in the shapes of those two rooms make them less appealing.

As far as the other Bungalow models...I think there must be at least one new floor plan in there. The Savannah series only had four 3-bedroom models and the Bungalow series has five 3-bedroom models.
  #4  
Old 06-06-2011, 04:57 PM
gcrisp gcrisp is offline
Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Corydon, IN
Posts: 55
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
We just put a contract on an Arlington (Bungalow version of a Grantham). The floor plan of the Arlington is basically the same as the Grantham, but there are some changes, most notably:

Larger total square footage, smaller living area footage.
Larger garage.
The laundry room has been turned 90 degrees and now has a pocket door going into the dining area.
Larger foyer.
The two guest rooms are smaller. Lost one window in the front guest room and the shape changed. This also changed the shape of the front entry.
The dining area is smaller. Also lost a window in the dining area and the shape changed.
Tray ceilings in the master and the back guest room.

I think thats about it. Im happy with most of the changes in the Arlington, especially the larger garage. I also like the layout of the laundry room better. I dont like the dining area and front guest room as well. The loss of the windows and the changes in the shapes of those two rooms make them less appealing.

As far as the other Bungalow models...I think there must be at least one new floor plan in there. The Savannah series only had four 3-bedroom models and the Bungalow series has five 3-bedroom models.
How do they compare in price generally?
  #5  
Old 06-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Pturner's Avatar
Pturner Pturner is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,066
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
We just put a contract on an Arlington (Bungalow version of a Grantham). The floor plan of the Arlington is basically the same as the Grantham, but there are some changes, most notably:

Larger total square footage, smaller living area footage.
Larger garage.
The laundry room has been turned 90 degrees and now has a pocket door going into the dining area.
Larger foyer.
The two guest rooms are smaller. Lost one window in the front guest room and the shape changed. This also changed the shape of the front entry.
The dining area is smaller. Also lost a window in the dining area and the shape changed.
Tray ceilings in the master and the back guest room.

I think thats about it. Im happy with most of the changes in the Arlington, especially the larger garage. I also like the layout of the laundry room better. I dont like the dining area and front guest room as well. The loss of the windows and the changes in the shapes of those two rooms make them less appealing.

As far as the other Bungalow models...I think there must be at least one new floor plan in there. The Savannah series only had four 3-bedroom models and the Bungalow series has five 3-bedroom models.
Soo... what's the difference between a new floor plan and a renamed floor plan that's the same as a previously named plan-- only different. This sounds like more than just a name change. What am I missing?
  #6  
Old 06-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Skybo Skybo is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Villages
Posts: 664
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrisp View Post
How do they compare in price generally?
I think they are roughly the same (Arlington/Grantham). Its kind of hard to tell because the prices are different for different sized lots, and I never knew exactly how big the lots were on the Granthams I was looking at online. But I paid approximately the same amount for the Arlington that I was expecting (or hoping) to pay for a Grantham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Soo... what's the difference between a new floor plan and a renamed floor plan that's the same as a previously named plan-- only different. This sounds like more than just a name change. What am I missing?
It is more than just a name change. There are quite a few changes to the floor plan (at least in the case of the Arlington not sure about the other models). But the overall layout is still the same. Although a couple of things jumped out at me when I walked in, I had to sit down and compare the two floor plans to see the other changes. I dont know why they made the changes, but since they did, it makes sense to change the name...otherwise it would be even more confusing.
  #7  
Old 06-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Uptown Girl's Avatar
Uptown Girl Uptown Girl is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Villages
Posts: 1,545
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
We just put a contract on an Arlington (Bungalow version of a Grantham). The floor plan of the Arlington is basically the same as the Grantham, but there are some changes, most notably:

Larger total square footage, smaller living area footage.
Larger garage.
The laundry room has been turned 90 degrees and now has a pocket door going into the dining area.
Larger foyer.
The two guest rooms are smaller. Lost one window in the front guest room and the shape changed. This also changed the shape of the front entry.
The dining area is smaller. Also lost a window in the dining area and the shape changed.
Tray ceilings in the master and the back guest room.

I think thats about it. Im happy with most of the changes in the Arlington, especially the larger garage. I also like the layout of the laundry room better. I dont like the dining area and front guest room as well. The loss of the windows and the changes in the shapes of those two rooms make them less appealing.

As far as the other Bungalow models...I think there must be at least one new floor plan in there. The Savannah series only had four 3-bedroom models and the Bungalow series has five 3-bedroom models.
Skybo,
Is your Arlington already completed? You may own the first one!
I'm most interested in how the outside of the house is configured... (I won't be there for a few weeks yet) Is the lot set up like a CYV? Does it look like a Prairie Style design? I bet these will be very cool looking.
Any chance you can post a picture for us?
Congratulations, by the way!
  #8  
Old 06-07-2011, 06:17 AM
Ohiogirl Ohiogirl is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seasonal Villager - summer in Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default where are these?

just curious as to which Villages these are being offered in? St. James and Tamarind Grove? When we left TV in early May, there were no villa neighborhoods yet in Sanibel (south of 466A) to my knowledge.

Makes it fun to come back and see what is new. I still like going thru open houses, and I will be down for a week later this month.
  #9  
Old 06-07-2011, 06:53 AM
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,373
Thanks: 2,112
Thanked 2,888 Times in 1,134 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
just curious as to which Villages these are being offered in? St. James and Tamarind Grove?
We just purchased one of the last five 'Woodlawn' CYV's, our salesman said they are being replaced by the bungalow named 'Durham'. He said the floorplan is the same except the front porch has 50sf more covered outside area and there is a tray ceiling in the master and the price is about 4% higher. That's why we grabbed the Woodlawn when they knocked another $5,000 off and it was $156,995.

You can see the Durham is already listed online in the new homes site as available in Tamarind Grove in a villa section called Montbrook. It's just off St. Charles between the two current villa communities Southern Star and Cottonwood.
  #10  
Old 06-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Skybo Skybo is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Villages
Posts: 664
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
Skybo,
Is your Arlington already completed? You may own the first one!
I'm most interested in how the outside of the house is configured... (I won't be there for a few weeks yet) Is the lot set up like a CYV? Does it look like a Prairie Style design? I bet these will be very cool looking.
Any chance you can post a picture for us?
Congratulations, by the way!
Thanks Uptown Girl! It is a CYV and it is completed, but not yet landscaped. Not sure what Prairie Style is, but the exterior is concrete/cement, like the Savannah series. We havent taken any photos, but the front looks (almost) identical to the Grantham.
  #11  
Old 06-11-2011, 08:54 PM
gcrisp gcrisp is offline
Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Corydon, IN
Posts: 55
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
Thanks Uptown Girl! It is a CYV and it is completed, but not yet landscaped. Not sure what Prairie Style is, but the exterior is concrete/cement, like the Savannah series. We havent taken any photos, but the front looks (almost) identical to the Grantham.
How do they compare in price to the other CYV's?
  #12  
Old 06-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Skybo Skybo is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Villages
Posts: 664
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrisp View Post
How do they compare in price to the other CYV's?
CYV prices (like any home) vary...based on floor plan & square footage, lot size, exterior construction and location.

The "Keys" series are vinyl sided.

The "Savannah" series have concrete/cement exteriors.

I *think* that the "Bungalow" series are all concrete/cement exteriors...basically the same models as the "Savannah" series, with minor changes and new names.

Several months ago, when I first started looking at CYVs, the base price of a Grantham (Concrete/Cement) was about 10K more than the base price of a Cumberland (same floor plan, but with Vinyl).

Lot sizes affect the price considerably. A corner lot may cost 10, 15, 25K more than an interior lot. An interior lot that is a few square feet larger is more expensive than another interior lot.

Location (golf course or water view) puts CYVs into a whole other price range.

Hope that helps.


Edited to add: After re-reading what I wrote, it probably didnt help.

Comparing apples to apples...I think that the Bungalow series are comparable to the Savannah series in price.

Last edited by Skybo; 06-11-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.