Vintage Golf Carts -- is YesterYear carts still being made?

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2021, 01:16 PM
Default Vintage Golf Carts -- is YesterYear carts still being made?

My father just purchased a StreetRod car(t) and it seems to be built solid and professionally. But,... you pay for the quality.

I have a new Yamaha QuietTech 2 and am very happy with it. Of course, his cart looks classy cruising on the MM pathways.

In researching, I found that there was/is a line of vintage carts named YesterYear. Are these still being made? My neighbor has one that has an African Safari look to it -- like an old range rover.

I can't really find information on these. I am interested in hearing if anyone knows about these -- (their history, availability, etc.).

Also, before moving here, I saw the Youtube videos of the Semi-Tractor Car(t)s. I've been here six month and have not seen these around.

Again, just looking for someone who might be a historian of TV golf carts to share some knowledge.

Last edited by BigSteph; 12-02-2021 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-02-2021, 03:03 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

All kinds of custom body companies out there. I haven't seen a semi cart out there either.
Custom Golf Cart Body Kits
Old 12-02-2021, 03:58 PM

Yeah, they are pretty cool looking.

My father saw a trade-in at the Villages Golf Carts and went home to get my mother. When they returned to Brownwood, the cart had been sold. It was a pickup truck. The guy at the dealer said it was a trade-in YesterYear. He also stated that they closed the store that sold them new.

I'm intrigued with all the different carts sold and driven in TV. I met the guy who owned Kustom Kartz (Near Sparr -- the fully enclosed cart) and went back to speak with him some months later and found he had passed away. Luckily, I've heard that someone in his staff bought the dealership and has continued selling and servicing the cars.

I would love to find a self-acclaimed TV Golf Cart historian to detail the different carts sold and driven through the years at TV and how it all started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
All kinds of custom body companies out there. I haven't seen a semi cart out there either.
Custom Golf Cart Body Kits
Old 12-02-2021, 05:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteph View Post
Yeah, they are pretty cool looking.

My father saw a trade-in at the Villages Golf Carts and went home to get my mother. When they returned to Brownwood, the cart had been sold. It was a pickup truck. The guy at the dealer said it was a trade-in YesterYear. He also stated that they closed the store that sold them new.

I'm intrigued with all the different carts sold and driven in TV. I met the guy who owned Kustom Kartz (Near Sparr -- the fully enclosed cart) and went back to speak with him some months later and found he had passed away. Luckily, I've heard that someone in his staff bought the dealership and has continued selling and servicing the cars.

I would love to find a self-acclaimed TV Golf Cart historian to detail the different carts sold and driven through the years at TV and how it all started.
Perhaps related. I've wondered who has the oldest still used golf cart in the villages.
For that matter with all the golf carts sold in the villages there must be a golf cart junk yard. When people get tired of repairing a golf cart where do they go to?

Far from an expert but at one time golf carts had two cycle motors and were three wheeled.

Is there a golf cart collectors club?
Old 12-02-2021, 05:21 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

I've seen one semi-trailer cab out there with all the bells and whistles. Most of the yesteryear carts remind me of the small cars the clowns used to come of at the circus.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:56 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Custom Golf Cars | Streetrod | USA

New Custom Golf Carts, Estate Golf Carts, Street Legal Golf Carts

Old Classics & Custom Golf Carts, Golf Carts, Customizable Golf Carts, Dashboards, Steering Wheel Covers, Floor Mats, Wheels & Tires, Lights, Front Windsheilds, Back Windshields, Radio Consoles, Utility Boxes, Billet Accessories, Pedal Set, Rear Seat

1929-32 Roadster Hot Rod Body Kit | Central Golf Cars

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-02-2021, 07:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

What is the place up by Wedgewood. We pass it on the way to Walmart. Is that the Streetrod place or something else.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:54 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
I've seen one semi-trailer cab out there with all the bells and whistles. Most of the yesteryear carts remind me of the small cars the clowns used to come of at the circus.
And not very comfortable seats.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:42 AM

I would wear a Fez hat and run in circles.

People would think it was a parade or charity event.

Donations accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
And not very comfortable seats.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,042 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
What is the place up by Wedgewood. We pass it on the way to Walmart. Is that the Streetrod place or something else.
Custom Golf Cars | Streetrod | USA
Closed Thread

Tags
carts, vintage, golf, yesteryear, made

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.