Vinyl Fencing

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2021, 09:15 AM
Default Vinyl Fencing

has any one had any experience with vinyl fencing north of 44 , thinking about using it for privacy etc . Lots of new colors patterns .Searched this forum but nothing regarding my question. I know I can contact Arch/Rev , deed, etc but looking for some input from a fellow villager .
Old 02-23-2021, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Looking forward to the replies.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

A neighbor put some up 3 foot high to hide AC and pool equipment, looks great, but have not seen any applications for privacy. Depending on where you live fences are generally not allowed. You may get away with hedges.
Old 02-23-2021, 11:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

If you bought a house without a fence I do not believe they will allow it. Homes either come with a fence or they don’t.
Old 02-23-2021, 01:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
If you bought a house without a fence I do not believe they will allow it. Homes either come with a fence or they don’t.
That's correct. You'd better check with ARC first or you'll likely end up tearing it down and be out the expense.
Old 02-23-2021, 02:04 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,566 Times in 922 Posts

Use landscaping for privacy
Old 02-23-2021, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

South of 44 they have Veranda homes, which use vinyl fencing, and between backyards on CYVs they use vinyl fencing, that's what I have. Normally in the TV fences are not allowed, these are the two exceptions that I'm aware of south of 44. You're lucky, Veranda Homes seemed to be available in a few neighborhoods south of 44, they were only built in just a few blocks in Pine Ridge north of 44.

As far as vinyl fencing, mine on my CYV backyard is still standing after ten years. The biggest problem is on the side that gets shade all year, it will get green algae and only a power-washer can remove it. Otherwise, they don't rot, get weathered looking, or require staining.

You can always sell your home and buy a Veranda, there are 14 Veranda Homes for sale in the Village of Hawkins right now.

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale
Old 02-23-2021, 05:37 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default "south of 44"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
South of 44 they have Veranda homes, which use vinyl fencing, and between backyards on CYVs they use vinyl fencing, that's what I have. Normally in the TV fences are not allowed, these are the two exceptions that I'm aware of south of 44. You're lucky, Veranda Homes seemed to be available in a few neighborhoods south of 44, they were only built in just a few blocks in Pine Ridge north of 44.

As far as vinyl fencing, mine on my CYV backyard is still standing after ten years. The biggest problem is on the side that gets shade all year, it will get green algae and only a power-washer can remove it. Otherwise, they don't rot, get weathered looking, or require staining.

You can always sell your home and buy a Veranda, there are 14 Veranda Homes for sale in the Village of Hawkins right now.

that pretty much makes anything you suggest is not applicable anymore than putting up a fence in Wailua, Hi.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:09 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post

Nash loop off O’dell circle near Havana has ranch/cottage homes built ten or 12 years ago with fenced back yards. 6’ pvc privacy
Old 02-24-2021, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
that pretty much makes anything you suggest is not applicable anymore than putting up a fence in Wailua, Hi.
Always that one...
Old 02-24-2021, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1972 View Post
has any one had any experience with vinyl fencing north of 44 , thinking about using it for privacy etc . Lots of new colors patterns .Searched this forum but nothing regarding my question. I know I can contact Arch/Rev , deed, etc but looking for some input from a fellow villager .
We thought it looks so cheap that we want to take ours out, the white vinyl fence looks like it should be in front of a trailer park
Old 02-24-2021, 07:53 AM
Default Vinyl fencing

In response to someone talking about the cleaning of vinyl fencing being only a power washer.... another way to remove algae is use 1/2 water with 1/2 vinegar and a scrub brush then rinse and it comes out like new.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:54 AM

One issue is if there is grass at the post the lawn car people often use string trimmers too aggressively and can damage the post over time albeit very slowly.
Old 02-24-2021, 12:16 PM
Default Vinyl Fencing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1972 View Post
ARC is the only place to go to determine if any changes to the exterior of your house or on your property is permissible. You can get all the input you want from Villagers but if you don't get the right approval that input is worthless.
Closed Thread

Tags
vinyl, fencing, question, arch/rev, contact

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.