Finally Moving to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2011, 09:15 AM
Default Finally Moving to The Villages

Our house has been on the market for almost a year. Well, we got a contract, had all the inspections, got an appraisal, and signed all the paperwork. It is finally final. OUR HOUSE IS SOLD! On July 29 we are out of here.

We can't wait to move to The Villages and start a new phase in our lives. I've been reading TOTV frequently since our April 2010 visit. I've learned a lot of great information here and had a lot of laughs.

We have a visit planned for the end of June to find our new home. We are looking forward to moving to Lower Paradise and meeting a lot of great Villagers (or Village people).

Kathy and Jack

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."
Old 06-13-2011, 09:22 AM
Veteran member

Congrats to you both for selling your home after a year and on your new journey to become full time Villagers.

Your story will provide hope for the many wannabes that are still trying to sell their homes and move the the Villages.

Enjoy.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Gold member

So happy for you! Putting our house on the market in a couple of weeks but we will be down for the month of July to look for our "last" home. We can't wait. Where in Delaware are you from? I am originally from Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Best wishes to you. I am sure you will find the perfect home in the perfect place.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Veteran member

Congratulations, Kathyzapp -

Since you have already sold your home, may I suggest you look at re-sale homes in The Villages. Get a sales agent from Villages Property to show you the available homes listed with Villages Properties AND an agent from a broker like REMAX or ERA to show you homes listed with MLS. Villages agents can only show houses listed with Villages Properties and outside agents can only show homes listed with MLS.

In my opinion, resales are a better deal because the bond will be much lower than in a new home, you see exactly what you will be getting in a resale, you can negotiate price with the seller, more mature landscaping, no construction around you.

I called Villages Properties to find out what the bond cost is on some new premier homes on 466. The bond is $50,000. Most new homes are averaging around $23,000 to $30,000 bond. My home was built in 2002 and when I bought in late 2009, the bond was $2,000. Makes a big difference on the annual tax bill.

Anyhow, congratulations on your sale. You will have a great time as a Villager. Hope to meet you sometime.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:45 AM
Veteran member

Congratulations! Soon you'll be living the dream...

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 06-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyzapp View Post
Our house has been on the market for almost a year. Well, we got a contract, had all the inspections, got an appraisal, and signed all the paperwork. It is finally final. OUR HOUSE IS SOLD! On July 29 we are out of here.
Fantastic! The best is yet to come.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Veteran member

Yippee! More people from Delaware! If we're not careful, there will be nobody left!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Sage

Kathy and Jack,

That is great news. Thanks for sharing it. You are in for the time of your lives! Congratulations.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainsley View Post
So happy for you! Putting our house on the market in a couple of weeks but we will be down for the month of July to look for our "last" home. We can't wait. Where in Delaware are you from? I am originally from Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Best wishes to you. I am sure you will find the perfect home in the perfect place.
Where in Delaware County? Upper Chi - Prospect Park
Old 06-13-2011, 10:51 PM
Sage

Kathy and Jack, Congratulations and best of luck to you in finding a house in TV that you will love!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:52 AM
Sage

Kathy and Jack:

Congratulations. I couldn't be happier for you.

Happy house hunting.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Default Congratulations

Quote:

We can't wait to move to The Villages and start a new phase in our lives. I've been reading TOTV frequently since our April 2010 visit. I've learned a lot of great information here and had a lot of laughs.

We have a visit planned for the end of June to find our new home. We are looking forward to moving to Lower Paradise and meeting a lot of great Villagers (or Village people).

Kathy and Jack
Very Happy for you. We just went through the process and are so excited to be moving to the Villages, too. Do you know about where you want to live yet? We considered resale and new. There are definitely pros and cons to both. We decided to go w/ a new designer home, just to get some of the newer features offered. We had a certain budget in mind and were able to stick to it. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will enjoy your decision.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Woohoo! I am SO happy for you. I can't wait until ours is sold. But then we still have to get it listed. I have one week left before I leave to finish getting our stuff packed up. Hope to run into you at one of the TOTV meetups soon.

N. Reading, MA; Hampstead, NH; last stop SummerChase Cottages,TV!
Old 06-15-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainsley View Post
Thank you. We are from Bear, DE, which is near Wilmington and Newark.

Good luck with the sale of your house!

Kathy

Old 06-15-2011, 05:46 PM

Thank you all for your kind wishes and advice. Hope to meet up someday soon!

Kathy

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.