Violation Tickets

Closed Thread
Old 06-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Well, don't come cryin' to me, when someone sits on your folding chair when you get up to pee..... Or SAVES it by chaining it to the next five.
Well it's funny you say that. Wife and I went to dinner and parked by the square,. When we came out someone had enjoyed our golf cart front seat and left there almost empty cups in the cup holders
Old 06-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Well, don't come cryin' to me, when someone sits on your folding chair when you get up to pee..... Or SAVES it by chaining it to the next five.
Good point - Maybe I can chain it to my golf cart. But would that mean it is now part of the cart? Inquiring minds need to know.

Or I guess I could just drink water
Old 06-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Good point - Maybe I can chain it to my golf cart. But would that mean it is now part of the cart? Inquiring minds need to know.

Or I guess I could just drink water
Russ, if you chain your chair to the golf cart, then it's part of the golf cart. However, if you chain your golf cart to the chair, then the golf cart is part of the chair and you can then enjoy a drink in the golf cart.

The Villages Florida
What's your excuse!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 06-15-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Red - Respectfully, I don't need a reminder about the dangers of driving while intoxicated (in any moving vehicle). But the vast, vast majority of us (who have an alcohol drink) have 1 or 2 drinks and then get home in some moving vehicle. We are not intoxicated or even near the limit.
With all due respect, with 2 glasses wine you are intoxicated and near or cloth to the limit. And we talk about the legal limit. But what is about the personal Limit?
With two drinks the driving skills are affected, that is for sure. In addition, the people from the villages are not more in age of 20 or so. When you hit a certain age, reaction, vision, everything goes slower. It is the life. When you have 2 or more drinks in addition, this could be a bad mix.
Drinking and driving should be a no go for everyone.
PS: Impaired driving applies to all vehicles.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Gracie:

One fanny in seat equals reserved.

I'm sorry, I must in the wrong thread.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
With all due respect, with 2 glasses wine you are intoxicated and near or cloth to the limit.
With all due respect you need to read some science. According to the chart in my link it would take me 4 drinks in the first hour to reach the limit (i.e. the body generally removes about 1 drink per hour from the system as specified in the article and I weigh about 200lbs).

I found a good primer on the subject: http://chavesdwiprogram.us/pdf/Effec...toxication.pdf

But I'm not here to say that any level of drinking and driving is OK. I understand that any amount of alcohol can have different effects on different people (weight, age, food consumption, past damage etc.). Heck, I am a Registered Nurse.

In the future I'll let my non-drinking wife drive the golf cart home, even though I seldom have more than 1 drink at the squares. Even the AMA says you could benefit from 1 glass of wine per day

Again - this thread is about whether they should give citations to people sitting in carts at the square - not whether they should drive home or not. We ALL understand you shouldn't drink and drive.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Talking Maybe positive

Did you know that the effects of alcohol is the same as "embalming fluid".
Given this it may be an advantage as it could be asserted that in the case
of The Villages the drinking is just expediting the expected end result.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
With all due respect you need to read some science. According to the chart in my link it would take me 4 drinks in the first hour to reach the limit (i.e. the body generally removes about 1 drink per hour from the system as specified in the article and I weigh about 200lbs).

I found a good primer on the subject: http://chavesdwiprogram.us/pdf/Effec...toxication.pdf

But I'm not here to say that any level of drinking and driving is OK. I understand that any amount of alcohol can have different effects on different people (weight, age, food consumption, past damage etc.).
Yes, and No. You are absolutely right that it depends on body weight, condition, food, age....and many things more. Also a lot of elderly people take medications which affect the driving ability as well. The problem is, no one says I could be too drunk. Everybody is under the impression, I can still drive, i feel good.

Quote:
Heck, I am a Registered Nurse.
I am a much better mix, I am a LEO and my wife sells beer.

Quote:
In the future I'll let my non-drinking wife drive the golf cart home, even though I seldom have more than 1 drink at the squares.
Good choice.

Quote:
Even the AMA says you could benefit from 1 glass of wine per day
But not the DMV....

Quote:
Again - this thread is about whether they should give citations to people sitting in carts at the square - not whether they should drive home or not. We ALL understand you shouldn't drink and drive.
And this is up to the LEO. He have the right to do it and it is his or her decision if they let you go. So be nice to all law enforcement officers and make sure, they get a pay raise.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Sage

Good post Raymond.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Gold member

Be nice to law enforcement yes, pay raise,I say No.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Be nice to law enforcement yes, pay raise,I say No.
pay raise only if you work untill age 65 and no double dipping
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.