Vip brownwood 7/4/2019 $50

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2019, 02:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
here is my problem with the VIP seating... I've been here 17 yrs. and it never mattered if you lived in a Villa or a premier home once you left your home everyone was equal to all the FREE programs and events.. The dream of Harold Schwartz.. I have no idea where anything was or would have been setup if not for the rain.. what I think is wrong is for someone to be able to cordon off a section and say this is for VIPS's if you want to have PRIME seating and a direct entrance to guarantee to get on the dance floor you must pay... it has always been my understanding and have heard the announcements hundreds of times NO SAVED SEATING .. I guess now they will have to change that recording to unless you have $50
Ureout. I agree. If any part of the square regularly available to everyone was blocked off for VIP paid space, that is not right.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:00 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,310 Times in 381 Posts

Waot until they charge for VIP golfing.

The door is open now
Old 07-05-2019, 03:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
here is my problem with the VIP seating... I've been here 17 yrs. and it never mattered if you lived in a Villa or a premier home once you left your home everyone was equal to all the FREE programs and events.. The dream of Harold Schwartz.. I have no idea where anything was or would have been setup if not for the rain.. what I think is wrong is for someone to be able to cordon off a section and say this is for VIPS's if you want to have PRIME seating and a direct entrance to guarantee to get on the dance floor you must pay... it has always been my understanding and have heard the announcements hundreds of times NO SAVED SEATING .. I guess now they will have to change that recording to unless you have $50

Ya know, I hadn’t given it much thought, but I think you’re right! This isn’t in keeping with the Villages tradition and one of the beautiful things about TV. This may have been a trial balloon to see how it would be accepted. The more I think about it, the less I find it acceptable. Think of all the events where this special “VIP” class/status symbol could be applied. A slippery slope.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

I agree with above, and will go one step further, and state this needs to be stopped and stopped now.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Old 07-05-2019, 05:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Another point of view......access to the squares was not denied to anyone and was still free. What happened, as I see it, those that pay for the entertainment (the merchants) came up with a plan to add another level of enjoyment. I remember some years ago some of the activities included tables around the squares so you could get something to eat and sit at one of the tables. Then, people didn't leave and sat there to watch the activities and those that wanted to sit and eat couldn't. As expected, the solution was no more tables. I stated earlier, I don't believe the VIP area had any impact on access to the square. You could still get chairs and still take your own chair. A little hard to actually judge the impact because of the rain but those that designed this VIP offer are those that pay for the entertainment. Happy hour was still open, the bars were still open, the restaurants were still open, the stores maintained their usual hours. The street around the square was closed for the muscle cars, food trucks and the tents. And, as you know, the food trucks are usually around the squares for other activities.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-05-2019, 05:12 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

I don't think the VIP package is that big of a thing. Some people like to be pampered for a few dollars.

I could see some neighbors all chipping in and making an evening out of it.

"Trying something new".

Let's not be so up tight about everything.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Doubt they would sell VIP tickets for other "normal" days when Johnny or Rocky are playing. This was a special holiday event where they could extract a few extra bucks from all those who want to be a VIP. I did find "Direct Dance Floor Access" quite humorous as an advertised benny. It's not like you'd have to walk far for "indirect" dance floor access. It's for those who just want to feel "special." There are always lots of people who will pay anything to have their egos massaged.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:30 PM
Sage

Wrong. With the exception of the amenities south of 44 (which haven't been turned over yet), the amenities are owned by the CDDs, not the Developer. The amenities fee, which is paid to the CDDs, pays for the amenities. The Developer does get some of the money for the amenities not yet turned over to the CDDs. There is a "Villages 101" class that will explain how this place actually works and who owns what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
That's a slippery slope kind of attitude though. How about they charge admission to the Town Squares. And then they can charge admission to all the executive golf courses and change their advertising so it doesn't claim it's free anymore.

Meanwhile, they can start charging admission to the dog parks, the archery range, and a per-use fee for all of the pools. In order to get in, you have to swipe your card. When you do that, it will automatically deduct $2.49 from your checking account.

They own it, so they have the right to do it as they see fit. No one says you have to like it.

Right?

Last edited by biker1; 07-06-2019 at 06:08 AM.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
That's a slippery slope kind of attitude though. How about they charge admission to the Town Squares. And then they can charge admission to all the executive golf courses and change their advertising so it doesn't claim it's free anymore.

Meanwhile, they can start charging admission to the dog parks, the archery range, and a per-use fee for all of the pools. In order to get in, you have to swipe your card. When you do that, it will automatically deduct $2.49 from your checking account.

They own it, so they have the right to do it as they see fit. No one says you have to like it.

Right?
Absolutely right, and don't be surprised if it comes to pass.
I hope you haven't given the developer any ideas.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 07-06-2019, 05:21 AM
Sage

Read post #27.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Absolutely right, and don't be surprised if it comes to pass.
I hope you haven't given the developer any ideas.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Very Sad

The VIP plan is VERY SAD as it starts to set up a "pecking order"for the Villager's. One of the most attractive thing about the Villages was all residents were equal. This takes that concept away. This sets up the villages can be bought and that is the start of a new profile of The Villages. We have a number of facilities for which you can purchase tickets, (e.g. Sharon,Savannah Center,) while the Town Squares were for everyone. That has now been broken because of "GREED". It opens the doors to more expansions of GREED. I hope the Developer sees the poor taste this brings to The Villages.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Nitpicking on a word. Fine then. There is nothing from stopping the CDD from voting to implement extra charges and fees for amenities. The country clubs have their own version of VIP "status" for value-added amenities. All they need to do is decide a) is it legal under the local, state, and federal jurisdiction? b) is it possible? c) can they get a majority vote from the board members/officers? If the answer to all 3 is yes, then they can do it.

They supposedly work in the interests of what's best for the Villages from a governmental perspective (rather than who owns the trademark of the name) but if THEY are the legal representation of the Villages from a governmental perspective, then yes they absolutely can make those changes to government policy, since they ARE the government of the community. They can change the deed restrictions on a going-forward basis, they can even tell everyone currently living here, that everyone who moves in after tomorrow afternoon, will be given a free pink plastic flamingo to put on their front lawn, and are allowed to put up privacy fencing anywhere they like so long as it doesn't violate county zoning ordinances. They can change the restrictions to allow people to paint their house any color they want, they can put out crosses, rebel flags, fairy statues and halloween decorations all year round, lift pick-up trucks on cinder blocks in their own driveway, and they can add to the lawn maintenance rule an extra clause that requires you to keep and maintain a vegetable garden in your front yard. They can even change the entire district to be energy-efficient and order all new construction to have solar panels, and anyone wanting to replace the roof on their existing home required to add solar panels.

They can do all these things, as long as they are within the actual law (not merely a covenant of a housing development).

They CAN do these things, and the more it gets done within the Villages by the Developer, the more precedence they have to prove their right and reason if the time comes for them to make such a decision. That doesn't mean they will, but don't think for a moment that they can't. What do you think will happen when the NEXT generation of Morses decide they don't want to be "the Developer" anymore, and go into some other business entirely? What happens if the people who become the next batch of CDD officers decide they want to make the Villages look more natural and less planned? What if they simply don't actually care about the Villages and just want to make enough money to skip out and move to the Keys?

They CAN do all these things. The Villages is, for all intents and purposes, owned and managed by benevolent dictators. We choose to accept this when we move in. Don't think for a moment that they "can't" decide to stop being benevolent, or that their replacements upon retirement "can't" be less than benevolent. They certainly can.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:12 AM
Sage

There is no nitpicking involved. What you stated in your post was wrong. You are, again, wrong on many items below. For example, the amenities fee increases are limited to the CPI. The maintenance fee can be increased by the CDDs but that is different from the amenities fee. Your deed restrictions are fixed at the time you bought your house. The deed restrictions can be changed for future areas. Please stop conflating the amenities with the country clubs. The country clubs are owned by the Developer. The amenities are owned by the CDDs.

While the Developer decides what amenities to install, once they are turned over (to the CDDs), the CDDs manage them. Many of the things you suggested are beyond the scope of the CDDs. You clearly have no idea of the purpose of the CDDs. CDDs were created in Florida to ensure the continuation of the amenities, and other infrastructures, once the Developer left. They are state regulated and have fiduciary responsibility to maintain what they manage and own. The Developer owns the country clubs, the amenities not yet turned over to the CDDs, and the commercial properties, including the squares. Everything else is owned by the individual homeowners, the county, and the CDDs. You should educate yourself before spouting off in the future.

Quote:
Nitpicking on a word. Fine then. There is nothing from stopping the CDD from voting to implement extra charges and fees for amenities. The country clubs have their own version of VIP "status" for value-added amenities. All they need to do is decide a) is it legal under the local, state, and federal jurisdiction? b) is it possible? c) can they get a majority vote from the board members/officers? If the answer to all 3 is yes, then they can do it.

They supposedly work in the interests of what's best for the Villages from a governmental perspective (rather than who owns the trademark of the name) but if THEY are the legal representation of the Villages from a governmental perspective, then yes they absolutely can make those changes to government policy, since they ARE the government of the community. They can change the deed restrictions on a going-forward basis, they can even tell everyone currently living here, that everyone who moves in after tomorrow afternoon, will be given a free pink plastic flamingo to put on their front lawn, and are allowed to put up privacy fencing anywhere they like so long as it doesn't violate county zoning ordinances. They can change the restrictions to allow people to paint their house any color they want, they can put out crosses, rebel flags, fairy statues and halloween decorations all year round, lift pick-up trucks on cinder blocks in their own driveway, and they can add to the lawn maintenance rule an extra clause that requires you to keep and maintain a vegetable garden in your front yard. They can even change the entire district to be energy-efficient and order all new construction to have solar panels, and anyone wanting to replace the roof on their existing home required to add solar panels.

They can do all these things, as long as they are within the actual law (not merely a covenant of a housing development).

They CAN do these things, and the more it gets done within the Villages by the Developer, the more precedence they have to prove their right and reason if the time comes for them to make such a decision. That doesn't mean they will, but don't think for a moment that they can't. What do you think will happen when the NEXT generation of Morses decide they don't want to be "the Developer" anymore, and go into some other business entirely? What happens if the people who become the next batch of CDD officers decide they want to make the Villages look more natural and less planned? What if they simply don't actually care about the Villages and just want to make enough money to skip out and move to the Keys?

They CAN do all these things. The Villages is, for all intents and purposes, owned and managed by benevolent dictators. We choose to accept this when we move in. Don't think for a moment that they "can't" decide to stop being benevolent, or that their replacements upon retirement "can't" be less than benevolent. They certainly can.

Last edited by biker1; 07-06-2019 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:28 AM

What time does the Brownwood Market open today
Closed Thread

Tags
vip, $50, brownwood, tonight, money

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.