Vip brownwood 7/4/2019 $50

Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2019, 02:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Not really looking at the VIP tent is I am better than you...

The VIP tent would be great for a birthday or anniversary gathering. Take the pressure off the host, two drinks, an appetizer, and a tent with seating, plus entertainment.

And no one has to take off their shoes or clean up after the party. Win win as far as I can see.
Old 07-06-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Smells like Chicken Little.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Because it is the closing of a traditional event for all and not just the ones "that can pay" even for the privilege to be under coverage for weather, easier entering to dancing, etc. It is like the scam where a dollar is charged to your credit card to see if you are watching your finances. If you don't question it then in the future you will be charged for a lot of things. This is like that in that if you don't question the practice you can count on more things having charges, (e.g. cover charges, charges for access, charges to attend or be a VIP for portions of the event, etc. etc.)
We will not be apart of that attempt of charging for extra bags, but feel for the people on the outside looking in.
And just what exactly was closed?

Free nightly entertainment paid for by someone else, but by golly, let's find something to complain about. Enough already.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

This reminds me of my Dearly Departed Dad. You Want Something To Cry About. I'll Give You Something To Cry About.

I'd be first in line, not to be a showoff but its an offering that is made and as an adult I, or you can choose to take 'Em up on it or Not. I don't even drink so if you were lucky and sitting next to me you'd get a freebie.

I really feel for some people who have only this kind of stuff to Cry about. How about some terrible personal news. Would that bring your concerns about this into focus a little? VIP tent a problem. We are all VIPS to live in this beautiful place. Wake up before its too late.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:02 PM

yes stop all this VIP, it was free! Will GOLF KEEP GOING UP$$$$$$$ ? Golf was FREE !
Old 07-06-2019, 07:10 PM
Platinum member

Even the VIP pricing was unfair. If you are a couple you paid $80. That's $40 per person.
If you were a widow or widower or just plain single, the charge went up to $50 for you.

NOT A NICE PRICING POLICY.

Skip
Old 07-06-2019, 07:34 PM
Default Great 4th show

We went to Brownwood for the 4th of July. The event was to start at 4:00. The color guard and the cheerleaders came out and the announcer stated that there would be a delay due to the rain. We got a drink and sat in the front row of the bleachers. Then walked over to 5 Guys for a burger. We then came back to the bleachers. Johnny Wild and the Delights started at 6:00 and we had a great time.
The entrance to the VIP section was between the 2 bleachers, they had an attendant with a plastic chain over the opening. We could not tell where the VIP section was. But either way, who cares? We got to sit in the bleachers and watched a great show. There were seats everywhere to sit.
Folks, just let it go, about the fee issue. If there was a VIP section, it did not bother us. Who cares? Please complain about another topic (that's what this sight is famous for).
Old 07-06-2019, 08:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,042 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie View Post
We went to Brownwood for the 4th of July. The event was to start at 4:00. The color guard and the cheerleaders came out and the announcer stated that there would be a delay due to the rain. We got a drink and sat in the front row of the bleachers. Then walked over to 5 Guys for a burger. We then came back to the bleachers. Johnny Wild and the Delights started at 6:00 and we had a great time.
The entrance to the VIP section was between the 2 bleachers, they had an attendant with a plastic chain over the opening. We could not tell where the VIP section was. But either way, who cares? We got to sit in the bleachers and watched a great show. There were seats everywhere to sit.
Folks, just let it go, about the fee issue. If there was a VIP section, it did not bother us. Who cares? Please complain about another topic (that's what this sight is famous for).
Old 07-06-2019, 08:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Even the VIP pricing was unfair. If you are a couple you paid $80. That's $40 per person.
If you were a widow or widower or just plain single, the charge went up to $50 for you.

Skip
Since the tables seated 6 a single person would remove a couple from that table and require another single person to sit there. If that didn't happen, it became a table for 5 so the extra 10 bucks is justified since the loss of a seat results a loss of 30 bucks at that table. The pricing policy was fair. You do know that if you travel as a single there is always a premium which is why you have to look for the "pricing based on double occupancy" tag when you book? Some of the pricing strategies aren't simple math as much as we would like it to be.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-06-2019, 09:07 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Agree!!! I have no issue with the VIP section. Anyone could go to the square, get a seat and listen for free. If you want a front row seat you could arrive early and save a seat. If you don't want to show up an hour or two early to save a good seat you can pay some money and sit in the VIP section. Personally, there isn't a local band/singer that's worth $50 to me so I wouldn't take advantage of it. When Paul McCartney comes I will definitely pay that $50. But then... I'm guessing the price would be a little higher....
Old 07-06-2019, 09:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:

Skip
Well, then they should provide a "singles line" where you can be paired up and go in together to save the $10 and maybe even something special will come of it. Life is just so unfair.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:

Skip
If you think that's bad don't ever price out a cruise as a single..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 07-06-2019, 09:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Well, then they should provide a "singles line" where you can be paired up and go in together to save the $10 and maybe even something special will come of it. Life is just so unfair.
I think you can go the City Fire and get paired up

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-06-2019, 09:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I think you can go the City Fire and get paired up
Know a good source for HEP C meds?
Old 07-06-2019, 09:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
If you think that's bad don't ever price out a cruise as a single..
Worse yet is when you go to Steak & Shake or Wendy's or Burger King with a BOGO coupon and your wife is a vegetarian! Oh the horror!
Closed Thread

Tags
vip, $50, brownwood, tonight, money

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.