Vip brownwood 7/4/2019 $50

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2019, 04:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Worse yet is when you go to Steak & Shake or Wendy's or Burger King with a BOGO coupon and your wife is a vegetarian! Oh the horror!
Vegetarian wife is a good excuse for I am eating both of these myself, with out guilt. So does anyone know what the appetizers were from bluefin?
Old 07-07-2019, 05:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Sounds to me like the same principal as the priority golf membership. For a fee, people can buy their way into better access to an activity than the rest of the general population. I don't think this is a particularly good idea, and clearly is not equitable, as not all Villagers have the same level of disposable incomes. However, my humble opinion carries very little weight. If enough people are willing to dish out the fees for special treatment, there is little doubt that the powers that be will be more than happy to accept their money.
We play Championship 2 to 3 times a week priority membership saves me $$$. If the rest of the population does not play Championships enough then clearly not a savings, priority is open to everyone.
The VIP tickets were sold to whoever chose to spend their money. Tent did not infringe on anyone’s view or enjoying the entertainment.
As to level of disposable income I think that went out the window when choosing to live in TV for the lifestyle, instead of outside the bubble in a bigger house, no bond, maybe one golf course, and couple of classes.
I think most would not have moved here if they could not take advantage of all that TV has to offer, without crunching the numbers first.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
This reminds me of my Dearly Departed Dad. You Want Something To Cry About. I'll Give You Something To Cry About.

I'd be first in line, not to be a showoff but its an offering that is made and as an adult I, or you can choose to take 'Em up on it or Not. I don't even drink so if you were lucky and sitting next to me you'd get a freebie.

I really feel for some people who have only this kind of stuff to Cry about. How about some terrible personal news. Would that bring your concerns about this into focus a little? VIP tent a problem. We are all VIPS to live in this beautiful place. Wake up before its too late.
Here Here:BigApp lause:

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 07-07-2019, 06:34 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
We play Championship 2 to 3 times a week priority membership saves me $$$. If the rest of the population does not play Championships enough then clearly not a savings, priority is open to everyone.
The VIP tickets were sold to whoever chose to spend their money. Tent did not infringe on anyone’s view or enjoying the entertainment.
As to level of disposable income I think that went out the window when choosing to live in TV for the lifestyle, instead of outside the bubble in a bigger house, no bond, maybe one golf course, and couple of classes.
I think most would not have moved here if they could not take advantage of all that TV has to offer, without crunching the numbers first.
Old 07-07-2019, 08:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
If someone's got it, good for them however I don't think your opinion of "most" to be the case. Maybe "many". That's why there are smaller homes and larger homes and people with one car and 3 cars and some that eat out once a month and some 4 times a week. Many (not most) live a little closer to the edge than you might think but for those that got it "most" of them certainly have earned it and good for them.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
If someone's got it, good for them however I don't think your opinion of "most" to be the case. Maybe "many". That's why there are smaller homes and larger homes and people with one car and 3 cars and some that eat out once a month and some 4 times a week. Many (not most) live a little closer to the edge than you might think but for those that got it "most" of them certainly have earned it and good for them.
Reread post, the quote you highlighted is MOST CRUNCHED the numbers before buying here, not what house they bought, or how close to the edge they chose to live. Meaning these days Retired does not mean you don’t have a clue about your own financial well-being, and bought here with out doing do diligence.

Last edited by thelegges; 07-08-2019 at 04:52 AM.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Really

Really, do you think the entertainment at the Squares are free. How do you think the Entertainer's are paid. You know they are not doing it for free. People are easily fooled. How do you think the Executive Courses are paying for their maintenance. I am betting the Embasadors are not donating their time, or the ground keepers. When you see a product in the market and it says get 1 free if you buy one, do you really think that is free or built into the business case for the product cycle, The charges for some usages at the Squares is just another way of recovering costs or increasing profits. The squares have never been free it is just the what strategy used to recover the costs and/or increase profits. There is an old saying in Pricing Strategy and that is "if you have no competition then greed should drive your price." !! That defines a "free market"!!
Old 07-08-2019, 07:43 AM
Sage

67 posts on 7 pages !! For god's sake people, let it go !!
Old 07-08-2019, 08:34 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yours was one of them.
One can always stop reading.

Skip
Old 07-08-2019, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
I know it's not your point, but you can change your settings so up to 40 posts are on one page. Saves having to click so many times.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up Why

When I read that someone wants a Thread shut down I ask myself "Why". What makes them uncomfortable as they always have the option of not reading the thread?? Why is someone so insecure they want communication which don't impact them turned off. As the Psychologist standard question is "how does that make you feel" maybe they should ask themselves that question. The Talk of the Village is a terrific forum for sharing and saying to shut something down is a violation of what it stands for.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:05 AM

Thanks CFrance for 40 post info. Didn't know that.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Really, do you think the entertainment at the Squares are free. How do you think the Entertainer's are paid. You know they are not doing it for free. People are easily fooled. How do you think the Executive Courses are paying for their maintenance. I am betting the Embasadors are not donating their time, or the ground keepers. When you see a product in the market and it says get 1 free if you buy one, do you really think that is free or built into the business case for the product cycle, The charges for some usages at the Squares is just another way of recovering costs or increasing profits. The squares have never been free it is just the what strategy used to recover the costs and/or increase profits. There is an old saying in Pricing Strategy and that is "if you have no competition then greed should drive your price." !! That defines a "free market"!!
The businesses around the square plus a subsidy from a government tourist tax pays the entertainers. Free to the residents.

People are easily fooled when they don't take the time to search out facts.

Can't imagine what golf course maintenance has to do with this topic.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Check it out

I think the business around Lake Sumter (not sure about the rest) contribute approximately 20-30% and the residents pay the rest even though the benefit are directed to the Business's. I'm sorry some can't understand why the advertised "free executive Courses" includes maintenance? I can say what I believe but can't help everyone to understand it?
Old 07-08-2019, 01:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Addendum

As an addendum to the last note. It was in "context" to the subject.
Closed Thread

Tags
vip, $50, brownwood, tonight, money

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.