Visit

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2018, 09:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansmiles@mac.com View Post
I would like to visit The Villages in January. Any suggestions for me?
If you come in December the rates are much cheaper, like Packerfan indicated. Text me if you are interested in renting in December... Rae 920-265-8425

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2018, 11:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Great question.
Great place to ask.
I will start with a few.....

Get a golf cart.
Visit the town squares.
Before arrival determine your home preferences.
Enjoy the nightly music.
Play golf, swim, pickle ball, etc.
Talk to Villagers.
Get a Villages Map.

That's my jump-start..............more to come.

Strongly agree with getting a Villages map especially before you arrive in TV. TV is a very big place.

I would add:
1. Visit Eisenhower Rec Center.
2. Trolley ride.

Don't be disappointed when you visit ends because the first visits, seems to go by in the blink of an eye.

TV is kept in immaculate condition. Be prepared to be amazed at it's beauty.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-27-2018, 11:00 AM

Where can I purchase a map?
Someone said they were available at the Mercantile Store, but I can't seem to find a good phone number.
Thanks,
Old 09-27-2018, 11:06 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtracer49 View Post
Someone said they were available at the Mercantile Store, but I can't seem to find a good phone number.
Thanks,
Yes, at the Mercantile Stores (at each Square) or at the Sales Offices.

(352) 753-6655
Old 09-27-2018, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtracer49 View Post
Thanks,
Go to any of the country clubs pro shops, I believe we have 12 now, or to any of the sales offices, which are located at each square. Tell them you want the $5 map, if you have a salesman, they will usually give you one for free if you ask.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansmiles@mac.com View Post
I would like to visit The Villages in January. Any suggestions for me?
You didn't say how long.

Lifestyle program is nice however if you are using it as a vacation then you really are screwing over the realtor. It isn't here as vacation homes and the person is trying to make a living.

Also, if you use the lifestyle program and you later decide you want to come back to look for a home, then you will not be allowed to do the lifestyle program again.

It you are only staying for a few days to a week, get a hotel at LSL. Rent a cart, and go to the town square at night. Since you will be walking distance to the hotel, it will be fine if you partake in a few (many) adult beverages.

If you are just about vacationing in The Villages and you use the lifestyle program, remember you will be taking food out of a family's mouth. I couldn't live with that but looks like others can.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:11 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

I had three (3) LifeStyle stays prior to purchasing.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I had three (3) LifeStyle stays prior to purchasing.
Then I was told wrong. I stand corrected, good sir.

IMHO: I still wouldn't use it as a vacation though.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:49 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi33 View Post
Then I was told wrong. I stand corrected, good sir.

IMHO: I still wouldn't use it as a vacation though.
The Lifestyle Preview Program is a marketing program by the developer. They encourage people to use it as a way to showcase the development and offer perks designed to get people to experience the best the place has to offer. The developer makes it financially attractive so that people will take advantage of it because (he/she) thinks correctly, that many of the attendees will ultimately buy a home in TV. Most people, including my spouse and I, come to an LSP to see what all the hubbub is about and to see if this is a place that might be a logical place for their retirement years. No one is being taken advantage of if someone takes the LSP and does not buy, any more than someone who goes to an open house and doesn't buy the house was taking advantage of the realtor at the open house. In conclusion; IT'S A MARKETING PROGRAM!!
Old 09-27-2018, 06:18 PM
Location: California, Massachusetts, California, Virginia, Morocco, Massachusetts, Buttonwood

A rep for the Villages called us and offered us a 2nd LSP over a year after the first visit, if we were still interested. By that time, we had already made the decision to move to TV and had secured a long term lease on a property.
As far as "screwing" a realtor, on our first LSP, we saw the realtor/rep for TV for a total of about two hours. Mostly to see three homes. Outside of that, we saw him for maybe 30 minutes when we first arrived. I don't feel like we "screwed" him because we didn't buy.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

We were on the LSP this past week, and our sales agent spent several hours with us throughout the visit, including over 3 hours in a sit-down to answer questions from me, hubby, and my parents who came for 2 days out of the 5-day trip.

I feel that his time was well-spent with us because even though we didn't buy, we plan to (assuming we can afford it when the time comes, next year). And we plan on this specific sales agent to help us make that deal, at that time. Whether it's one of his own listings, or some other agent's VLS, he will be our "buying agent." So he'll either get the full commission (if he's the one representing the seller) or he'll get a piece of another selling agent's commission.

He also convinced me that sticking with the VLS agents as opposed to MLS agents is definitely the way to go.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:12 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
We were on the LSP this past week, and our sales agent spent several hours with us throughout the visit, including over 3 hours in a sit-down to answer questions from me, hubby, and my parents who came for 2 days out of the 5-day trip.

I feel that his time was well-spent with us because even though we didn't buy, we plan to (assuming we can afford it when the time comes, next year). And we plan on this specific sales agent to help us make that deal, at that time. Whether it's one of his own listings, or some other agent's VLS, he will be our "buying agent." So he'll either get the full commission (if he's the one representing the seller) or he'll get a piece of another selling agent's commission.

He also convinced me that sticking with the VLS agents as opposed to MLS agents is definitely the way to go.
Curious as to how he convinced you that sticking with the VLS agents was the way to go? You are aware that, if you are looking at preowned homes, they have a completely different inventory. If you don't use both a VLS and MLS agent there will be listed homes that may be just what you are looking for, that you will not see. You also need to check out the fsbo sites (Zillow - VillageRsfsbo) to see everything. Good luck (and I am not affiliated with any realtor though I recommend Tony Trussler with TV and Lyle Gant with MLS.) FWIW I bought my villa FSBO..
Old 09-28-2018, 01:29 PM

Don't try to mix a winter vacation with a real chance to see if you want to move here. They are two different things.

If you want a vacation, then come down Jan to March.

If you really want time to see if the place is for you, then come down any other month of the year when you will have time to see what the place is really like.

Much more time for you and the realtor and the places to eat and everything else to show you what TV has to offer if you come in December or May or something like that.

I would also not do the Lifestyle Visit, but simply rent a place for 2 to 4 weeks when it is cheap and get a real feel for the place.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDenise View Post
Don't try to mix a winter vacation with a real chance to see if you want to move here. They are two different things.

If you want a vacation, then come down Jan to March.

If you really want time to see if the place is for you, then come down any other month of the year when you will have time to see what the place is really like.

Much more time for you and the realtor and the places to eat and everything else to show you what TV has to offer if you come in December or May or something like that.

I would also not do the Lifestyle Visit, but simply rent a place for 2 to 4 weeks when it is cheap and get a real feel for the place.
I'd add to that - have a few visits, not just one. Go different times of the year. The last visit should be the Lifestyle Visit since theoretically you'd only "allowed" to have one of those (though apparently you actually can have more than one - the old brochures that came with the old CD sales package said you could only do it once).

If you go at least once when the Snowbirds are there, and at least once during the summer when the hot climate is even hotter, you'll have a more well-rounded perception of what it's "like" to live in this enormous, primarily fun but occasionally congested community.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I'd add to that - have a few visits, not just one. Go different times of the year. The last visit should be the Lifestyle Visit since theoretically you'd only "allowed" to have one of those (though apparently you actually can have more than one - the old brochures that came with the old CD sales package said you could only do it once).

If you go at least once when the Snowbirds are there, and at least once during the summer when the hot climate is even hotter, you'll have a more well-rounded perception of what it's "like" to live in this enormous, primarily fun but occasionally congested community.
I agree. January is not a fun month here in my opinion. It is crowded and generally too chilly to swim and feel the warmth of Florida.

Tags
visit, january, suggestions, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.