The Visit

Closed Thread
Old 10-03-2019, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Whatever happened to civility?
98% of us still are. We just don't get as much press/discussion!!
Old 10-03-2019, 05:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
When it is an invite only in a place like The Sharon why would anybody waste their time to crowd around and try to get a glimpse of Trump.

Like all the major performers he will arrive and depart away from the possible masses.

There is no amassing of crowds as there will be nothing/nobody to see.

My guess would be if Trump were to have one of his rally time appearances he, like Bush did, would attract huge crowds. There would be a real reason to attend and participate. I also think the invite only venue was a poor choice for The Villages. And I am not sure whose preference that reflects.....Trumps or....?....

Anyway the lucky few will represent the wishes of the rest of us.

What venue in The Villages would be more appropriate??? A venue to accommodate 15,000 to 25,000???
Old 10-03-2019, 05:08 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

We went up and sat at Gators for lunch. Enjoyed watching the crowds. Few nuts were there.

Headed over to the Polo Field to watch the "helicopters" take off.

Was an enjoyable day for a golf cart cruise in TV.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:43 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Are they (security) keeping the crowds in the square thin? I'm watching the webcam of the square and now (at 12:38PM) it looks like there are bigger crowds during Happy Hour when Johnny Wild is playing. I expected wall to wall people.
Most of the people in the square were on the Margarita Republic facing
Demshars Many people also setup along the street across from the Sharon. There was nothing going on near the gazebo
Old 10-03-2019, 05:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The speech was presented live on Fox 35.
I just think many folks like me, just aren't going to go out where the odds of seeing him approach zero.
Too bad. We got there at about 11. Found a seat in front of MVP and were planning on moving our chairs over in front of Demshars when he started speaking so we could see the big screen. About 1230 they came by and said all the ticketed people were in and they were now allowing others in. Sat in the balcony right in the center and saw the whole thing with no whistling from disrespectful neighbors here in TV.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:55 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I had no idea that they would be using the V-22 Osprey for presidential transportation.

Picture taken of one of three departing from the east grass parking lot at the polo field after the event at Spanish Springs. It’s a good shot of the ball field fence.
Dropbox - IMG_3542.JPG - Simplify your life

more information on the Osprey
Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey - Wikipedia

Must have been standing right next to you.

Old 10-03-2019, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
What venue in The Villages would be more appropriate??? A venue to accommodate 15,000 to 25,000???
"...like Bush did..."
He did Lake Sumter Landing and attracted thousands of people.
My issue was not whether appropriate as much as any venue that would maximize exposure as much as possible....like Bush did.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
///
Old 10-03-2019, 06:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Too bad. We got there at about 11. Found a seat in front of MVP and were planning on moving our chairs over in front of Demshars when he started speaking so we could see the big screen. About 1230 they came by and said all the ticketed people were in and they were now allowing others in. Sat in the balcony right in the center and saw the whole thing with no whistling from disrespectful neighbors here in TV.
Do you mean it was not a “sell out”?
Old 10-03-2019, 07:21 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
I was right there also and didn't see or hear anything to that fact.
Believe me..........I (and many others) would've been all over it,
Steve

Last edited by anothersteve; 10-03-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

There were many, at least a dozen people walking down the street past Flippers still calling out their thoughts on Megaphones while the Megatron TV and speakers were being interrupted by these people exercising their right to free speech. It was another day In The Villages. The majority of the people we observed were just enjoying the experience quietly and respectfully.

When we came over the Golf Cart Bridge and saw the line up of School Buses and the massive amount of humanity trying to find their way up towards the square we considered turning around. The parking lots we saw were fully packed. It was a nice experience. We will be there for any and all Presidents who honor our home with their presence.

It must have been something once it was time to leave. All those cars in all those parking lots and everyone want's to be first. We left early.

The size of the crowd was considerable but to us, the only thing that matters about the crowd is that we were there.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
From what I understand they did have big screens outside The Sharon for the 10's of thousands to view the speech.
Hubby and I watched the speech LIVE on WESH2 in the comfort of our living room.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Hubby and I watched the speech LIVE on WESH2 in the comfort of our living room.
I saw some of that. It seemed to be the only Orlando area station that was showing it live like that. I did not check FOX though. I can only take so much of Fox.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 10-04-2019 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,740 Posts

Don’t have Fox channel, I’m sorry to have missed the speech. It’d have been so nice to see the President in TV.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
There were many, at least a dozen people walking down the street past Flippers still calling out their thoughts on Megaphones while the Megatron TV and speakers were being interrupted by these people exercising their right to free speech. It was another day In The Villages. The majority of the people we observed were just enjoying the experience quietly and respectfully.

When we came over the Golf Cart Bridge and saw the line up of School Buses and the massive amount of humanity trying to find their way up towards the square we considered turning around. The parking lots we saw were fully packed. It was a nice experience. We will be there for any and all Presidents who honor our home with their presence.

It must have been something once it was time to leave. All those cars in all those parking lots and everyone want's to be first. We left early.

The size of the crowd was considerable but to us, the only thing that matters about the crowd is that we were there.
Your post made tears come. I came to see Kennedy and I was too young to vote. I came to see Trump because he came to my town. I understand. I am grateful that people like you and Priscilla are part of my world. None of us agree all of the time and sometimes some on this Forum become upset and angry with each other.

There are far fewer years ahead of us for all of us here in The Villages than the ones we have lived.

I am so blessed to spend them with people like you Nucky who are dear to me and my family.

Tags
thursday, event, visit, practicing, big

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.