Visit to Monach Grove

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2019, 10:08 PM
Sage
Default Visit to Monach Grove

This afternoon I visited the Village of Monarch Grove for the first time. After getting slightly lost a couple of times, I found the open house I was looking for. I was very impressed with how things are coming along in the newest villages.

I stopped at Riverbend Rec Center. The employee on duty said that trees are now being planted at the Everglades Rec Center, but the rec center employees haven't been given a definite opening date yet...just sometime this fall.

Southern villagers enjoy the beauty of where you live!
Old 09-16-2019, 01:40 PM

Thank you, its really exciting to see how the grand plan is coming together. Our new home is in Marsh Bend near Hogeye Sink, and we are coming to visit it in October. The natural beauty combined with shiny brand new infrastructure has my wife and I excited to get the next chapter of our lives under way !!!
Old 09-17-2019, 02:15 PM
Veteran member

The trees were planted at Everglades Rec Center a couple of weeks ago, including several clumps of Everglades palms (Acoelorrhaphe wrightii)........very apropos. The natural beauty of the entire Southern Oaks area is astounding & will be even more so once the abundant landscaping by the developer matures.

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
Old 09-17-2019, 02:56 PM

Everglades is virtually done on the outside. Just some sod to be laid on one side and the front.
Closed Thread

Tags
center, rec, grove, planted, everglades

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.