Visiting grandchildren

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Default Identical twins

We have identical twin grandsons. Will that confuse?
Old 03-20-2013, 05:04 PM

Now, now, now ladies and gentlemen. We all new, or should have known the rules when we signed on the dotted line to move to TV. Why is there so much confusion? It seems as though this is a cut and dry issue. Thirty days for each visitor under the age of 19 each year.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSun View Post
We have identical twin grandsons. Will that confuse?
Not unless they have identical names... lol
Old 03-20-2013, 08:16 PM
Location: Village of Charlotte (Lauren Villas) from Circleville, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Don't worry - nosy neighbors are probably keeping count for you.
And that is just sad......and probably true!
Old 03-20-2013, 10:18 PM
Sage

Read your deed restrictions. You have an obligation to ensure enforcement, up to and including litigation. It's stated quite plainly, and we all accepted the restrictions.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Read your deed restrictions. You have an obligation to ensure enforcement, up to and including litigation. It's stated quite plainly, and we all accepted the restrictions.
I can't seem to get this vision out of my head of a 3 year old toddler being hauled off in paddy wagon because he was caught staying with his grandma for THIRTY-ONE DAYS!!!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABSX2 View Post
I can't seem to get this vision out of my head of a 3 year old toddler being hauled off in paddy wagon because he was caught staying with his grandma for THIRTY-ONE DAYS!!!!!
I would have to guess that these rules are in place to keep people from having their young grandchildren living with them. I have heard cases where those rules have been enforced and a family with a young child living with them moved out of The Villages. Obviously, your scenario would not happen.

I don't think it is meant to be harsh. There are always those who think the rules don't apply to them. People who move to a retirement community have a right for it to be a place where over 55 folks live.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:21 AM
Sage

Thanks, G. Sometimes I get really wound up when people either didn't research the rules before closing, or close and then complain about them.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonga View Post
My granddaughter lives in Rolling Acres, about 10 minutes from my house. She is at my home at least 3 days a week, 3 hours a visit. Do I have to start counting hours??? I think if no one takes advantage of the rules, common sense applys.
Thats the glitch! She can visit unlimited. In area guest passes are good for a year and provide unlimited visits! You have to accompany them to some facilities, but they can go as often as you like. We've been down here for over 6 years and had in area guest passes for the first four. I played Championship courses and we went to the pools all the time. Now, our kids and grandkids have the passes and enjoy all this with us.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABSX2 View Post
It really depends on your neighbors. I know and understand the rules but I said before and will say it again, I know for a fact that children live here. Some are and have been my students. The folks were in a tough spot and the neighbors understand. It's not permanent, just a coupe of years, but it happens more than people know.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

boyhowdy.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I would have to guess that these rules are in place to keep people from having their young grandchildren living with them. I have heard cases where those rules have been enforced and a family with a young child living with them moved out of The Villages. Obviously, your scenario would not happen.

I don't think it is meant to be harsh. There are always those who think the rules don't apply to them. People who move to a retirement community have a right for it to be a place where over 55 folks live.

I know that would never happen, but I was just trying to put a little humor into all this. And I totally agree with the rule and having worked in the judicial/law enforcement system for 20 years, I know that rules need to be followed.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:04 PM
Veteran member

I don't have a horse in this race since we have no grandchildren and our boys are all well beyond 18..But..I've noticed several posters who have mentioned that they have teen-aged grandchildren who had no desire to come and hang out with them in TV.

I find that sort of sad. As a youngster I was very lucky to have both sets of grandparents living very close by and spent a lot of time with them. There was little competition for their time since my family was small. My father was an only child and my mother had only one sister who had no children. I was especially close to my dad's parents and I can honestly say that there was little that I enjoyed more than spending time with them. I wasn't "embarrassed" as a teen to be seen with my grandmother and grandfather, and I have a wonderful wealth of memories from time spent with them.

I never had to worry about how long I could be at their house, although I didn't "stay over" very often since my home was less than a mile from theirs and I could drop by whenever I wanted to.

After my grandparents passed away I became the keeper of my grandmother's diaries and I've found many, many notations of how pleased she was whenever my sister or I spent time with them.

I feel very sad for teens who don't want to hang out with grandmother & grandfather. They are REALLY missing a lot!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:37 PM

My 15 year old son will be flying down next week to see his grandpa for a 3 days/4 nights trip. He is very excited to be visiting. The two things he wants to do are golf and play pool. I wish he would be there on Friday because he would have loved to visit the Beatles Club. My boy is a drummer but don't worry there will be no drums in the carry on bag.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

In my last residence (condo) life was hell in the Summer when some of the residents' kiddies came to visit. Barking dogs and screaming children are two things I DO NOT miss. I abide by the rules and I fully expect my neighbors to do the same.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.