Visiting for the third time

Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Gold member
Default Visiting for the third time

I asked my wife where she wanted to go for the 4th of July week last week and she said "The Villages" ! This will actually be our 4th visit but our first was only for a few hours back in 2000 so I don't count that. I am retiring next year but she has a few more years to go before she can retire.

We will be arriving Sunday and staying at the Marriott Townplace in SS the first couple days before moving over to a LSP accomodation on Tuesday for 4 days. I see Rocky and the Rollers are playing in SS on the 4th which I understand is a really good band. What is going on in LSL that evening ? Are they going to have the big celebration with 2 band locations etc like they did last year ?

In the past we spent a lot of time looking at houses, using the gyms, going to different restaurants etc. This time we would really like to enjoy some of the various activities like water aerobics and other activities going on at the rec centers. I would also like to find a nice park or walking trail since I really love to walk. Of course, We would also love to run into some of the TOTVers during the trip but I know the Crispers meeting is later in the month.

Also, we have been to a lot of the happy hours in TV in the past but we have never been to Tijuana Flats. Happy hour always seems packed. What is the attraction there ?

Anyway, maybe we could do the best of both worlds and head over to Tijuana Flats and run into some of y'all this trip. We'll see. I am just looking forward to enjoying ourselves at TV !
Old 07-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Veteran member

Unfortunately the water aerobics are held in the sports pools and residents only are allowed in those pools. Go to any rec center, pick up a rec schedule to see what's up for the week. They also have the courses at the Lifelong Learning Center, some of which are just for a day. The activity's schedule is also in Thursday's Daily Sun. There's a walking/exercise trail at Lake Miona rec center in the back or walk any of the multi-modal trails. Have a great time.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.