Cable tv choices?

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Default Cable tv choices?

We will be closing on our new house in Sanibel on August 1. What are the choices for cable tv and internet in the Villages?
Old 07-14-2013, 03:39 PM

I closed a few months on my home in the Villages also. I heard through a friend here in Alaska that Dish has a program that if you are a snowbird you can use their program at both places shutting one off when you are not living there and activating the other upon arrival at the other home 6 months or so later. It is one contract with no interruption of service. This is an option since our local cable company has told us every time we snowbird we must turn in our DVR and cable boxes and start up a new contract. I do know Dish is available in the Villages. I don't know whether we will switch to this option or not yet. I pass this info on though on just for educational purposes.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

brighthouse
Old 07-14-2013, 05:54 PM

Bad and worse
Old 07-16-2013, 09:40 PM

Handyman, care to expand on your comment, I've heard good things about Brighthouse.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:47 PM
Sage

I have used direct tv for years and continuing in new home in Gilchrist. Just got my second bill here and notice i'm getting $10 off bc of referring a friend, who also gets $10 off for a year.
the reason I love it is that I can record up several shows at once and watch anytime I want from a huge list of recorded shows and movies. the best part is Fast Fwd thru commercials...
Old 07-16-2013, 10:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I think handyman was making a humorous reply about the OP's question as to what the choices are in TV for cable, not a comment about Brighthouse.

Brighthouse will let you sign on with no contract, so you can start and stop their service with no penalties. Direct TV willl let you do the same thing OP describes that Dish will do. We've used Direct TV for going back and forth for two years, and it works. but you can't bundle because of no internet service. However, we like to have NFL ticket, so we endure.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:30 PM

Thanks, I'll be contacting Brighthouse since I want to bundle Internet as well. Does anyone know if Brighthouse Internet is unlimited or a certain no. of gigs like some companies do?
Old 07-16-2013, 10:37 PM
Sage

BH has a tiered pricing for internet. I have them only for internet.
BH will offer you a free house phone line, which I refused bc I have magic jack so pay $30 a year, which is less than the taxes and fees on BH's free phone line.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader58 View Post
We will be closing on our new house in Sanibel on August 1. What are the choices for cable tv and internet in the Villages?
Comcast

Bright House

Century Link (embedded telephone company for this area)

All 3 plus Dish are available in Sanibel. All 3 can provide TV, Internet, and Phone. For some reason only Comcast and Century Link have (fiber) drops already buried to the homes near the electric meters. Bright House usually has to bury a drop. Clear Link is only the Comcast Installation service through the Villages but you can deal directly with Comcast if you choose..

More info here on another thread:

http://www.talkofthevillages.com/for...llation-28823/

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.