Waiting list at WoodWorking shop.

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2019, 08:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
A bit of topic drift, but...

How common are these sorts of enormous waiting lists for Villages clubs? The wife & I are seriously considering moving there when the time comes, but if all the "good" clubs are full, that severely diminishes the appeal of 2000+ clubs.
A lot of clubs have waiting lists or are completely closed to new members. Don't think of it as a problem, think of it as an opportunity. If that particular club you want to be in is full, you can always go and start another one ! If it is so popular that there is a waiting list or it is closed to new members, you should have no trouble getting it going.

Last edited by pauld315; 01-15-2019 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
This is Club, and not a amenity. Many clubs in The Villages limit their membership due to space and availability restrictions. As stated above, one time initiation fees go towards safety training for new members. Those on the waiting list have no choice but to wait their turn. Stop whining.
Perhaps a different question, and its answer, will alleviate some of the consternation here.

There are amenities, and there are clubs. All homeowners (whether they live there or not) are responsible financially for the amenities. Only club members and leaders would bear any financial burden for the upkeep of the clubs.

But when a club is in a room of an amenity - the question is: is the room open to all amenity-paying people, when the club is not in session?

If the answer to that question is yes, then this really is a non-issue. The room is reserved a couple hours a week, and the rest of the time anyone with a Villages ID can use it.

If the only people allowed into the room where the club has its "club," are members of the club and all other homeowners are unwelcome, (so private offices of employees of The Villages in the clubhouses would not apply here) then that room is no longer part of an amenity, that homeowners are paying for. And therefore, that portion of their amenity fees should be returned to them and no longer charged.

Even if it ends up being 2 cents per homeowner, it's the principal of the thing. If the club is occupying a room of a homeowner-paid amenity, then the club should be paying rent, and that rent returned to the homeowner in the form of reduced amenity fee.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:28 AM

Is there a way for someone who is not yet there, get on the waiting list?

I am an accomplished woodworker, but would welcome the safety sessions (one can never be too safe!).

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2019, 06:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
Is there a way for someone who is not yet there, get on the waiting list?

I am an accomplished woodworker, but would welcome the safety sessions (one can never be too safe!).

Thanks!
From the club web page

woodshop@thevwc.org .

Thank you for taking time to contact us.

Webmaster
The Villages Woodworkers Club

704 Oak Street
The Villages, Florida 32159

Telephone: (352) 751-0513
FAX: (352) 751-4140

Webmaster vwcWebmaster@outlook.com
Woodshop Email - General Account:
villageswoodshop@embarqmail.com
President, Woodworkers Club :
presidentwoodshop@embarqmail.com
Education: woodshop.education@embarqmail.com
The VWC Office Manager: woodshop.staff@embarqmail.com
Web Comments: woodshop@thevwc.org
Old 01-16-2019, 12:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Perhaps a different question, and its answer, will alleviate some of the consternation here.

There are amenities, and there are clubs. All homeowners (whether they live there or not) are responsible financially for the amenities. Only club members and leaders would bear any financial burden for the upkeep of the clubs.

But when a club is in a room of an amenity - the question is: is the room open to all amenity-paying people, when the club is not in session?

If the answer to that question is yes, then this really is a non-issue. The room is reserved a couple hours a week, and the rest of the time anyone with a Villages ID can use it.

If the only people allowed into the room where the club has its "club," are members of the club and all other homeowners are unwelcome, (so private offices of employees of The Villages in the clubhouses would not apply here) then that room is no longer part of an amenity, that homeowners are paying for. And therefore, that portion of their amenity fees should be returned to them and no longer charged.

Even if it ends up being 2 cents per homeowner, it's the principal of the thing. If the club is occupying a room of a homeowner-paid amenity, then the club should be paying rent, and that rent returned to the homeowner in the form of reduced amenity fee.
Wow....your kidding I assume. The rooms are provides so there can be clubs and activities and that is what the home owners are paying for not to mention the maintenance of the properties. I guess they could increase the fees to pay for the accounting staff necessary to implement your refund plan and make up the shortfall but that would create a whole other thread. I find if amusing that people move here or visit here without a clue.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-16-2019, 12:16 PM

I like those nice wooden salad bowls. Is that the kind of thing people make? I really respect people for having an interest like that. Sounds so monotonous to me I would not last 5 mins before joining the "I'm outta here" club. So if not for you all, I would only have plastic salad bowls. And it would be a very sad world indeed.

Conversely, are there any clubs with only 1 member in TV?
Closed Thread

Tags
explain, heard, waiting, shop, woodworking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.