Walk-in tub?

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2018, 09:25 AM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
A year ago we had one installed by TheraTub out of Tampa. We'd done our homework first in pricing and these folks were very competitive. PLUS their product is American made, where many are not. The factory is in Georgia.

We got ours because we have some physical issues at our house that made a regular tub impossible to use. We looked into hot tubs too but this avenue seemed a better choice as we don't have to use chemicals and can utilize it in all kinds of weather (not having to go outside). It empties quickly and the water remains hot while in use. It's been a true blessing!
How do you keep warm while the tub is filling up?
Old 03-09-2018, 09:30 AM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagevip View Post
Instructions,..Let the warm water fill up with the door closed.. Then, climb, crawl over the shut door to enter the warm tub..Caution: Be sure NOT to open the door to enter the tub, or you be swept out onto the street niked..
Yup, this is my biggest concern.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
no luck here either. The tricky word here is "tub" and so I get results mostly having to do with real estate listing homes having tubs esp hot tubs which I am most certainly not looking for. Thanks though.
You are correct, I just tried the search, and I could not find the thread either, very annoying!!!
Old 03-09-2018, 10:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

You know, I have seen those commercials many times on TV. It never occurred to me that you would might indeed get cold while you wait for the tub to fully drain before opening the door.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
How do you keep warm while the tub is filling up?
It's not been an issue! You can get the heated seat feature "IF" you have that concern. We did not get it. The emptying part is very rapid so we've not had issues with "cold" with that neither.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:25 AM
Veteran member

My fills and empties pretty rapidly and I have the heated seat (which I don't really use), so it's not really a big problem.
The biggest complaint I have is that you can't lay back and relax, you have to sit straight up the whole time and to me that's not relaxing at all.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
My fills and empties pretty rapidly and I have the heated seat (which I don't really use), so it's not really a big problem.
The biggest complaint I have is that you can't lay back and relax, you have to sit straight up the whole time and to me that's not relaxing at all.
Really? We've found ours to be quite relaxing with the jets on etc. But we each have our preferences!
Old 03-09-2018, 02:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
This does it! I have made my decision. We are having a new shower with a nice seat installed, and it will have upscale grab bars. Younger buyers do not want bathrooms with grab bars that look like they are for infirm elderies. We will keep our Jacuzzi tub as it is; it is not so bad if you lay towels over the edge so they are not slippery.
Closed Thread

Tags
tub, walk-in, bather, stay, warm

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.