Walking the dog this morning...........

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2018, 08:14 AM
Veteran member
Default Walking the dog this morning...........

In back of Publix on Mulberry I noticed a white Cadillac in the middle of the parking lot. He pulled into a space as I walked by. At the end of the plaza I turned around to walk back. I saw the Cadillac pulling away with a cute little brown dog barking and trying to keep up with the car. It looked like he was ditching his poor little dog. As I’m walking I’m thinking of how I can bring this dog back home with me. As I got back to the VA clinic, the car came back this time driving slower with the dog walking beside it and no longer appearing upset. I talked to the guy and told I thought he was trying to lose his dog but he laughed and said he was just exercising him. Although it doesn’t seem like a very safe exercise regime for your dog, I was relieved.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
In back of Publix on Mulberry I noticed a white Cadillac in the middle of the parking lot. He pulled into a space as I walked by. At the end of the plaza I turned around to walk back. I saw the Cadillac pulling away with a cute little brown dog barking and trying to keep up with the car. It looked like he was ditching his poor little dog. As I’m walking I’m thinking of how I can bring this dog back home with me. As I got back to the VA clinic, the car came back this time driving slower with the dog walking beside it and no longer appearing upset. I talked to the guy and told I thought he was trying to lose his dog but he laughed and said he was just exercising him. Although it doesn’t seem like a very safe exercise regime for your dog, I was relieved.
I'm glad it was you and not my otherhalf because he would be in big trouble right now. I cannot imagine an idiot trying to have a little dog run alongside the car to get his exercise, maybe someone should put a leash on him and have him run behind a truck on 75.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-07-2018, 08:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
The epitome of laziness, not to mention very dangerous.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
You cannot fix stupid as a nurse friend sometimes says.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:48 AM
Platinum member

He was just teaching his dog to chase cars.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:53 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Using your car to exercise your dog. I've never heard anything so dumb.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:24 AM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I'm glad it was you and not my otherhalf because he would be in big trouble right now. I cannot imagine an idiot trying to have a little dog run alongside the car to get his exercise, maybe someone should put a leash on him and have him run behind a truck on 75.
Obviously the driver did not want to get out in the heat but did not mind running his dog in the heat.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
Obviously the driver did not want to get out in the heat but did not mind running his dog in the heat.
I might also add, on HOT HOT pavement, this owner needs his head examined, he surely doesn't deserve a loving little pet!
Old 07-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Just out of curiosity, what exactly would your “otherhalf” have done to this person?
Old 07-07-2018, 01:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

About 4 years ago I passed a woman on St. Charles Blvd on a bicycle with a dog running next to the bike while on a leash attached to the seat of the bike. This is in a golf cart lane of a very busy two lane street where cars are passing by at 35 mph at about 2 to 3' distance from the dog and bike. The first time I saw her, I was lost for words, later I was never able to say anything since the situation didn't permit.

After seeing this woman and dog about 3 more times, I encountered her with a second woman also on a bike with a dog. This time they turned off St. Charles and went up Tamarind Grove Blvd. I followed her a short distance to the mail stop and then I explained to her the dangers of what she was doing. Not only cars, but the leash itself could be entangled with the wheel, the spokes, she could be thrown and hurt. She didn't take to my viewpoint and saw nothing wrong with what she was doing. So I emphasized to her, if I ever see you again with the dog tied to your bike going down the street, I was calling the police. That's the last time I ever saw her and her dog.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:47 PM

Brucernelson, (or anyone else in the area) If you see this again please call the police. That man is not only exhibiting stupidity, but abuse.

Thank you John W. for doing the right thing. Seems like an episode of "What would you do?" and you passed with flying colors.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:48 PM
Sage

Maybe the guy has trouble walking ? White Cadillac, wouldn’t be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2018, 01:55 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Maybe the guy has trouble walking ? White Cadillac, wouldn’t be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If that is the case, then maybe he could get someone who could walk the dog for him.
Old 07-07-2018, 02:10 PM
Platinum member

Where the hell did I put my pitchfork and my torch?
Old 07-07-2018, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what exactly would your “otherhalf” have done to this person?
Well let me see ............ first let me say he likes dogs more than he likes people so there would have been a lot of noise, arms and legs flying all over the place, name calling resulting in the police being called and we would have had to move because he has embarrassed me so badly! How's that?

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, back, walking, i’m, car

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.