Walking the dog this morning...........

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2018, 03:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgroemm View Post
Brucernelson, (or anyone else in the area) If you see this again please call the police. That man is not only exhibiting stupidity, but abuse.

Thank you John W. for doing the right thing. Seems like an episode of "What would you do?" and you passed with flying colors.
Abuse? Doubtful. Cruelly, not likely. There’s hardly a day that goes by I don’t don’t see at least one person “walking” their dog while riding in a golf cart, or exercising their dog while riding a bike. I think a dog just as likely to be injured while riding unrestrained in a golf cart, which happens literally hundreds of time a day here.
Old 07-07-2018, 03:27 PM
Veteran member

I see the same thing with owners sitting in golf carts and walking their dogs all the time. I think this is just as bad, if not worse, because they are typically on a pedestrian path and the dog is stretched across the entire path. Seems like the same thing. Laziness to the extreme, and no courtesy to anyone else who might want to use the path.
Old 07-07-2018, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

I think the dogs are smarter than the driver's still alive so they must be?
Old 07-07-2018, 04:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
About 4 years ago I passed a woman on St. Charles Blvd on a bicycle with a dog running next to the bike while on a leash attached to the seat of the bike. This is in a golf cart lane of a very busy two lane street where cars are passing by at 35 mph at about 2 to 3' distance from the dog and bike. The first time I saw her, I was lost for words, later I was never able to say anything since the situation didn't permit.

After seeing this woman and dog about 3 more times, I encountered her with a second woman also on a bike with a dog. This time they turned off St. Charles and went up Tamarind Grove Blvd. I followed her a short distance to the mail stop and then I explained to her the dangers of what she was doing. Not only cars, but the leash itself could be entangled with the wheel, the spokes, she could be thrown and hurt. She didn't take to my viewpoint and saw nothing wrong with what she was doing. So I emphasized to her, if I ever see you again with the dog tied to your bike going down the street, I was calling the police. That's the last time I ever saw her and her dog.

That's because she has changed routes into the interior Tamarind Grove streets. She's still doing it, trust me.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:12 PM

A gent up here at the lake used to run his shepherd along side his ATV, up and down the street.
I think the dog loved it. The fellow walked like it hurt. A lot.
I've seen neither this year.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
You cannot fix stupid as a nurse friend sometimes says.

Plus one here!
Old 07-07-2018, 06:41 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
If that is the case, then maybe he could get someone who could walk the dog for him.
In the heat?
Old 07-07-2018, 06:43 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Well let me see ............ first let me say he likes dogs more than he likes people so there would have been a lot of noise, arms and legs flying all over the place, name calling resulting in the police being called and we would have had to move because he has embarrassed me so badly! How's that?
I would not have been embarrassed. Instead I would have been proud of him.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
That's because she has changed routes into the interior Tamarind Grove streets. She's still doing it, trust me.
No matter where we live, there are always idiots like them. Pick up truck drivers can be just as careless if they leave their dogs in the back without securing them.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,071 Times in 2,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
In back of Publix on Mulberry I noticed a white Cadillac in the middle of the parking lot. He pulled into a space as I walked by. At the end of the plaza I turned around to walk back. I saw the Cadillac pulling away with a cute little brown dog barking and trying to keep up with the car. It looked like he was ditching his poor little dog. As I’m walking I’m thinking of how I can bring this dog back home with me. As I got back to the VA clinic, the car came back this time driving slower with the dog walking beside it and no longer appearing upset. I talked to the guy and told I thought he was trying to lose his dog but he laughed and said he was just exercising him. Although it doesn’t seem like a very safe exercise regime for your dog, I was relieved.
Lazy, stupid, abusive, inconsiderate, the list could go on and on to describe the moron in the a white Cadilac. Glad I wasn't there, I might be in jail now.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

I think there are to many people putting their noses in, where they should not be. If the dogs were terrified, or did not like it, they would not run.
My old dogs used to run along off the lead when I had a bycycle years ago.
They loved it, and are a lot brighter than you think regarding self preservation.
As for collies and shepherds, they are doing what comes naturaly, just herding the vehicle.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I think there are to many people putting their noses in, where they should not be. If the dogs were terrified, or did not like it, they would not run.
My old dogs used to run along off the lead when I had a bycycle years ago.
They loved it, and are a lot brighter than you think regarding self preservation.
As for collies and shepherds, they are doing what comes naturaly, just herding the vehicle.
You read my mind. Too many nosey people feeling the need to interject themselves into other people’s business
Old 07-08-2018, 05:57 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
You read my mind. Too many nosey people feeling the need to interject themselves into other people’s business
my feelings exactly!
Old 07-08-2018, 07:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post

I reserve my middle digit for such occasions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2018, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

OP thought the dog was being abandoned. I'm glad someone intervened when my husband left the house and the front door blew open, and the traffic-challenged senior dog wandered out into the street. And an angel in a golf cart took action that averted a possible tragedy.

You can all have your opinions. Mine is that sometimes people need to stick their nose into someone else's business. Like if a kid or animal or person is being abused, neglected, abandoned or is otherwise in danger. Or any other number of things. Good for brucernelson, IMO.

Tags
dog, back, walking, i’m, car

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.