Walking in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2020, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,740 Posts

I definitely would step to the grass as a pedestrian when a cart or car is near by. I know some drivers who would never consider even slowing down in the full expectation that you as a pedestrian WILL get out of their way.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
South of 44 in the wasteland of no golf, no shopping, no restaurants, no golf cart bridges to the promised land and where even the sunlight is piped in. Horrid, horrid place!
Very funny answer!

Yes, they are horrid places at the present unless you want to take a walk or a bike ride on long beautiful trails that will never allow a car or a stupid golf cart.

Right now, they are as barren as Pine Hills and Osceola Hills were five years ago.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonrich View Post
It's wonderful to walk, good for you, but please do not wear dark clothes!! Get something bright on so us cart drivers can see you before and not at the last minute. Also, for you cart drivers at dusk/dark, please, please, use your turn signal!! Don't stick your arm out to indicate a turn and expect the person coming up on you in a car or cart to see that arm sticking out. It's dark people!
omg, you hit on a topic that drives me nuts too! there's hardly any lights on some of these roads, and when somebody is walking or even on a bike with dark clothes, they have no idea how invisible they are to me. if i didn't have on my high def night glasses i probably wouldn't even see them @ all. God forbid i want to hit some poor soul who is just trying to get home
Old 05-19-2020, 07:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
Gotta love the new America. Care for no one and nothing but the almighty dollar!
Ya think this is 'the new America'? The Almighty Dollar has been an integral part of 'the old America,' and I suspect this will not change....
Old 05-19-2020, 07:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Man... This was the ultimate troll. This person's first and only post and it gets 94 replies..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-20-2020, 08:00 AM

Are you kidding? Really? Your whole scenario is absurd. Sure, go ahead & walk in the golf cart lane but you should move to the grass or side area off the path. Your persistence to stay in the lane may cause an accident with a golf cart & car/truck. If that cart driver moves into the traffic lane to avoid your resistance to move, he/she may miss a car in the traffic lane and then what? - I'll tell you, the cart driver is at fault. Yes, they should look to see if there is traffic but it's possible to miss it. So if a car was approaching you'd have them stop, let any traffic pass & then go around you. How rude of you. The responsibility to get off the road is yours. Last I remember, it's a golf cart & bicycle lane. If you want freedom & respect go to a multi-modal path. I know 99% of cart drivers are very courteous to walkers - I am.
Closed Thread

Tags
move, drive, golf, lane, walk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.