Wallpaper Installation

Closed Thread
Old 05-08-2021, 06:52 PM
Default Wallpaper Installation

Thinking about installing wallpaper in the bathroom dressing areas of our home. Are there any issues with wallpaper adhering to the orange peel textured walls of Villages' homes? Also, does anyone have any recommendations for good, but reasonable, installers?
Old 05-09-2021, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

I would check with the wallpaper website they may have warnings or suggestions for this situation. Also, IMHO, if to have the normal flay paint you will be in better shape then if you have a semi-gloss or gloss finish.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

I used to do a lot of my own wallpaper work. There are many pre-application finishes to help it adhere to anything be it paint, shellac and even metal or whatever HOWEVER you do need a FLAT SMOOTH surface and while things may have changed since I last did papering I cannot imagine applying it over textured walls and having it look right.

I guess you shouldn't!!!
Can You Wallpaper Over Textured Walls?

From the above link:
If you have a house full of textured walls, ones that you’d love to cover over with wallpaper, you may be nervous to do so. Textured walls and wallpaper are definitely not two things that go very well together.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Closed Thread

Tags
wallpaper, textured, walls, villages, homes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.