Walmart Gift card scam

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2021, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,586 Times in 5,184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
Walmart and Amazon may be the two biggest scams out there. They both flood my gmail account every day with either offers, or to advise me my account is being blocked, which is quite a trick since I don't have accounts with either one and never have - or will.

Wells Fargo is another one to avoid. .
How do you know those emails came from Walmart or Amazon?
Old 09-15-2021, 10:41 AM

My mom had her credit card skimmed at Walmart. I was with her grocery shopping and she couldn’t get her credit card to work. The clerk said she had been having issues with the reader, asked her for her card, took it below the counter out of our view, and then turned and swiped it on her register. I’m guessing the gadget or camera was below the counter. Since it was the only place my mom had shopped that week, it seemed likely this is what happened as a few days later she had charges to an online electronic store. I had the same thing happen at World of Beer in Brownwood. The waitress took my card for quite a long time. Within hours after leaving the restaurant I had multiple charges in Daytona Beach. In both cases, the credit card companies called us first before we even knew they had been stolen.

In your case, I would ask to speak to head of security at Walmart. I would also get a number at corporate headquarters and report the same. If it happened to you, you are not alone. Perhaps Seniors Against Crime could help.
Old 09-15-2021, 04:13 PM

Yes
Old 09-15-2021, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erojohn View Post
I have used my Walmart gift card for several years mainly to receive cents off at the pump and with the Walmart app.
Recently I reloaded the card because it had zeroed out due to usage. I reloaded the card for $100. A few weeks later I attempted to use the card for a gasoline purchase. The balance was zero. I thought it may have just been an error or forgetfulness on my part as to when I had reloaded. So I used a regular credit card. The next time I was in a store the checker said in fact the balance was zero. I contacted Walmart gift card division they advised to file a police report and as of this writing all I get is we’re sorry. I’m not sure how this happens but beware of this scam. I would advise against using Walmart gift cards. If you do get a readout of transactions occasionally. If RD at store 9115 and an amount redemption 9115 is either an online purchase or a store that doesn’t exist. I have disputed this with my CC company and outcome is pending.
Looks like skimming.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by erojohn View Post
I have used my Walmart gift card for several years mainly to receive cents off at the pump and with the Walmart app.
Recently I reloaded the card because it had zeroed out due to usage. I reloaded the card for $100. A few weeks later I attempted to use the card for a gasoline purchase. The balance was zero. I thought it may have just been an error or forgetfulness on my part as to when I had reloaded. So I used a regular credit card. The next time I was in a store the checker said in fact the balance was zero. I contacted Walmart gift card division they advised to file a police report and as of this writing all I get is we’re sorry. I’m not sure how this happens but beware of this scam. I would advise against using Walmart gift cards. If you do get a readout of transactions occasionally. If RD at store 9115 and an amount redemption 9115 is either an online purchase or a store that doesn’t exist. I have disputed this with my CC company and outcome is pending.
I’ve gotten a couple of cards from a couple of stores but I just cut them up. In this day & age they’ll be a lot of scams going around because these businesses know everybody is looking for deals or should I say SCAMS. We’ve got to straighten out our economy first, there’s where the problem is. So don’t get scammed into paying for something in advance!
Old 09-17-2021, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip galloway View Post
Looking for a handyman.
Neson Marsh
Old 09-25-2021, 10:07 AM

There was only one charge to my credit card. The only one was authorized by me.
Closed Thread

Tags
card, walmart, gift, store, reloaded

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.