WalMart Grocery Pick-Up at the Wedgewood Lane Location

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2018, 12:11 PM
Veteran member
Default WalMart Grocery Pick-Up at the Wedgewood Lane Location

First day of the service at this store and I was there bright and early.

All items correct, ready on time, no waiting. The staff was very nice. The pick-up location is the side lot near the grocery section (not the tire side). It's clearly marked with signs and orange striping.

As someone with mobility issues who prefers to grocery shop only once every 10 days or so, I love it!

Walmart Grocery
Old 01-18-2018, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,708 Times in 5,240 Posts

The new Walmart near Colony Plaza has this service. However, I rarely see anyone using the service. Home delivery would be better.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:16 PM
Gold member

I will definitely use that service. I absolutely hate going into a Walmart here. People stop with their carts in the middle of an aisle to have a conversation, all the stores are crowded all the time and lines getting out are backed up. Don't go after 3 PM or a lot of the shelves are empty. When I lived in NC and I was retired you could always go during the week to avoid the crowds but here everyone is retired thus the stores are always packed.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
I will definitely use that service. I absolutely hate going into a Walmart here.
Me, too! All grocery stores, really.

You can also order other items, not just groceries. I doubt they'd bring out patio furniture or anything, but toiletries, health care, office supplies, housewares, etc. are available.

After years of encouraging online ordering to compete with Amazon (adding 2-day shipping, building new warehouses, buying Jet.com, lowering the minimum for free shipping, etc.), they recently reversed all that and instead started charging 25-30% more (vs in-store pricing) for items ordered online for delivery.

You also can't order perishables to be delivered, so this is a less expensive and more flexible option.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The new Walmart near Colony Plaza has this service. However, I rarely see anyone using the service. Home delivery would be better.
Publix has home delivery and I have used it. It was great.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:12 PM
Veteran member

I have been using the grocery pickup service at the new Walmart Neighborhood Store on Heald Way since it started. Great service and wonderful people. I am very happy as I hate trying to get around in Publix at Colony Plaza. Since when did buying groceries become a "family" day trip? Aisles are clogged with carts and couples staring at shelves trying to decide on which brand of pickles to buy. Frustrating. The selection on line is limited, so I make do with what I can get. In April things will get better. It only gets worse this time of year.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I wondered that too, but they said they have a lot of people using the service.

I use it about once every 10 days. Its so convenient - do the shopping online, then just go over and have them load it into my car. The last time I went, I had ordered a small can of chicken broth, and apparently they were out of stock, so when I arrived they showed me they had substituted a larger size of broth at no extra charge, and asked if that was okay.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:19 PM
Veteran member

Yes, they have upgraded my selections due to unavailability several times. Last time it was CR2032 batteries, pack of 2. They were out of stock and gave me 4 for the same price. Amazing
Closed Thread

Tags
grocery, side, location, pick-up, striping

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.