Wannabees:are vol ceilings important?

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Unless it's an important criterion at the top of their list, what matters in the end is how the potential buyer feels when he/she walks in and sees their first impression.

If they walk in and see dark, cramped or cluttered space, with Grandma's attic decor and curtains, it won't matter which ceilings you have.

But if they walk in and see a home that is open, airy with windows uncovered, clean smelling, no Granny wallpaper to tear out, and with tastefully modern decor, chances are the ceilings won't matter if they are "wowed" at the overall look of the place.

Not everyone has volume ceilings on their list. Price it to sell, not to be left long on the market and getting very stale because you're holding out for a certain price.
As a wannabee - volume celings are nice, but not deal breaker for me. More important to me are location to shopping, location to one of the squares, updated kitchen, flooring/carpet condition, "no Granny wallpaper to tear out", and condition of the lanai. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:35 PM

We also looked at many, many homes before our 3/2 Corpus Chrisitie volume ceiling purchase. One re-sale that I looked at was a 1/1 patio villa. It was stunning! While I would not have purchased this home because it was not practical for our use, I cannot tell you if it had a volume ceiling or not. However the color choices, furnishings and floors I do remember! The landscaping was also beautiful. It was just one of those homes that you could purchase and not have to change anything. As previously stated, there is a buyer for most homes out there! Don't worry about it...

Nan
Old 11-09-2011, 06:30 AM
Sage

When I bought 2 years ago all the new houses I looked at had volume ceilings, so I didn't know any other kind existed. No question that the high ceilings add a feeling of more space, and I think I would notice if I walked into a house with low ceilings. You will probably have to reduce the price.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Default Ceilings

We have a Whispering Pine model, where the den & front bedroom have lower ceilings -- what I notice is that those two rooms seem to get hotter than the rooms with volume ceilings -- even with ceiling fans. I would want the volume ceilings, without a doubt.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.